Ariel makes her Epcot Debut

dr_teeth90210

Not a big news item, but ...

Ariel AKA the Little Mermaid will start making appearances in her human form at Epcot's Princess Storybook Dining starting on 4/10/2005.She will add to the large list of other princesses such as

Belle
Jasmine
Mulan
Pocahontas
Mary Poppins
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White

You are guaranteed at least 4 to 5 princesses.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
DisneyPhD said:
How do they do this with WS not opening until 11:00? I know you can walk in at BC from the interntaional gateway entrence, but they make you walk along England and Cananada. I would hate to walk all the way around the long way around world showcase to get there!

Your name will be on a list. You'll have to get through about 2 or three checkpoints allong the way to Norway, but they will let you walk. And yes, you'll be going the long way I belive from the IG.

We did the Segway tour last year, and from Norway to the IG, there were only Cast Members walking around.

Upvote 0

Pixie Duster

Hey if anyone goes and she is there please post, I am dying to know if she is Mermaid or Human during this. I think she should be in Cinderellabration in human form with Eric, considering Beast is in prince form with Belle during the show.

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
Pixie Duster said:
Hey if anyone goes and she is there please post, I am dying to know if she is Mermaid or Human during this. I think she should be in Cinderellabration in human form with Eric, considering Beast is in prince form with Belle during the show.

She's gonna be human for sure. But I'd still love to see some pics of her in her human form.

She makes her debut in less than 48 hours... Any (picture)Takers????

NADisney.. I sent you a PM... ;-)

Upvote 0

JeffH

Ariel and Cinderella BOTH at Ankershus

We were surprised today to find ARIEL in attendance at the Princess Storybook Lunch (this was the 1st day of the new Princess Lunch and Dinners). Actually Mulan clued us in when we visited her in China just before lunch...we went to see her since we were wondering if she'd be at the lunch or a different (2nd) Mulan (she knows us well as a result of many visits). Unfortunately she was shifting from S-Th to M-Th, and would not be part of the lunch and dinner.
Another surprise was that CINDERELLA was also in attendance. With Mulan, Snow White and Mary Poppins doing meet and greets in China, Germany and the UK, they brought in the "big guns" to replace them.
At the lunch (and from what I understand, dinner too) today were:
ARIEL
CINDERELLA
SLEEPING BEAUTY
BELLE
and JASMINE (doesn't she do meet and greets in Morocco?)
I understand that the breakfast remains the same with
MULAN
SNOW WHITE AND/OR BELLE
SLEEPING BEAUTY
JASMINE
and MARY POPPINS AND/OR BELLE
---------------------------------------------
Other vacation tid-bits...
MICKEY'S PHILHARMAGIC has been updated with additional footage.
Saturday morning when we saw MP I was noticing new stuff, and by the end I was convinced of it. I also noticed that the "copy" was very clean...not and "old film". I asked around and got definite confirmation of the changes from a manager type.
The changes I noticed were an additional Donald and Peter Pan flying sequence. More Donald in the Lion King sequence. And the scene that convinced me...At the end Donald is floating/spinning around off to the left as Mickey is getting all the instruments back into place, falls to the ground, scampers over to where the wand falls and hands it to Mickey who then now says a line in the show "Thank You". I missed how, now, Donald gets stuck in the tuba, but he still does. Better than ever.
I also noticed that in PETER PAN'S FLIGHT, they fixed the part where Tinkerbell tinkels (fairy dust) on you, which has been broken for several months.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I was also surprised to not find Carousel of Progress on the Attractions list in the daily schedule. I was looking to see if it was closed or what it's restricted hours were, and when it wasn't listed at all, it meant that it's back on the full time, all the time schedule!!! We enjoyed it once more.

Upvote 0

Enderikari

I think that's a great idea... Let's put Princess Ariel in a place to do meet and greets, smiling the whole way, in a restraunt that serves mainly FISH...? What do you say to Ariel when you have their smoked salmon or baked cod in front of you....?

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

Original Poster
JeffH said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice Pictures Jeff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be the first to say that Ariel (the Norway version) is lookin' hot!!

But somehow I don't believe that I was the demographic that Disney was looking for.

Upvote 0

Yenfid

I saw Ariel as a human in here blue dress, when she tours the Kingdom with Eric, at MGM back in 1993. Could not get my camera out fast enough. She disappeared backstage when I was walking out of the mens room that is tucked in the back corner by the old Back lot tour enternce.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom