Are you sick of it too?

bsandersjr

Original Poster
I am so sick of seeing Stitch everytime I turn around while on property.
I think it really got to me when I saw a certain pin. It was a black and white, steamboat stitch pin.:hurl: makes me sick.

CThaddeus

Yeah, I'm so sick of seeing Disney characters being used in Disney Parks and their merchandise...especially popular ones like Stitch.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
CThaddeus said:
Yeah, I'm so sick of seeing Disney characters being used in Disney Parks and their merchandise...especially popular ones like Stitch.

Maybe Stitch is not as popular as you may feel. Among adults at least.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I LOVE IT MORE STITCH, get over it because Mickey gets just as much coverage. Stitch is like appliances and... I LOVE APPLIANCES!
Like it or not kids can relate more to Stitch than to Mickey. This is fact.

CThaddeus

bsandersjr said:
Maybe Stitch is not as popular as you may feel. Among adults at least.

Maybe. Maybe not. I would have to say that I qualify physically as an adult (35), though I try to retain that Peter Pan quality. As such, Stitch is one of my favorite characters (I own all the movies and have taped all the TV episodes, so I think that shows a good deal of interest). I feel that for most people, the only real reason they're sick of Stitch is that they feel Stitch's Great Escape killed off an attraction they thought was good. Personally, I felt Alien Encounter was weak, and the only good part was the S.I.R. and Skippy scene at the beginning. I've seen videos of Stitch's Great Escape, and while it's not a vast improvement over Alien Encounter, I do not feel it to be worse. The audio-animatronic of Stitch alone makes this a must-do when I visit WDW again in May.
If there is some other reason you don't care for the character, then that is your opinion, of course. I could not change your mind if I tried, though I must point out that while you and your circle of friends might despise Stitch, I believe I could name just as many people who think he's a great character, and well deserving of Disney's frequent use in films and around the Parks. I'm sorry you feel otherwise.

dxwwf3

CThaddeus said:
I feel that for most people, the only real reason they're sick of Stitch is that they feel Stitch's Great Escape killed off an attraction they thought was good.

That and there were quite a few people (myself included) that didn't think the movie was all that good anyways and was already sick of the character before the animated series came out.

Nemo14

dxwwf3 said:
That and there were quite a few people (myself included) that didn't think the movie was all that good anyways and was already sick of the character before the animated series came out.
Count me in on that one! I guess I just don't "get" Stitch!

Enderikari

Here's the crux of the issue, people still continue to buy Stitch, so Stitch will stay.. When people stop buying Stitch (riding his attraction, purchasing his merchandise) then Stitch will fall into a more background role.

figmentmom

Enderikari said:
Here's the crux of the issue, people still continue to buy Stitch, so Stitch will stay.. When people stop buying Stitch (riding his attraction, purchasing his merchandise) then Stitch will fall into a more background role.

Absolutely.

This does not mean I was happy to see the blue guy on the monorail, though.

Enderikari

Yeah, but really... I think its a little give and take here... Think of how many things are in the parks for little girls... then think of Stitch as a foil to that, an attraction for little boys.

figmentmom

Enderikari said:
Yeah, but really... I think its a little give and take here... Think of how many things are in the parks for little girls... then think of Stitch as a foil to that, an attraction for little boys.

Also very true.

crazydaveh

We'll see something else when MK gets a new attraction! Stitch is the latest attraction to open at MK (not counting Cinderellabration) so it's marketed in that respect.

In a year or so, something else will be all over the place at MK.

Funny, people are excited about EE and it's everywhere at AK and people don't complain!

Pioneer Hall

I used to really love stitch, until he became overbearing around the parks. I find it somewhat annoying that he is part of the 2006 logo with the fab 5 characters.

brertigger

I think that some Stitch in the parks is OK, but not as much as they had briefly. The Stitch window decals on the buses and monorails was just too much.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
CThaddeus said:
I've seen videos of Stitch's Great Escape, and while it's not a vast improvement over Alien Encounter, I do not feel it to be worse. The audio-animatronic of Stitch alone makes this a must-do when I visit WDW again in May.

You are basing the quality of an attraction by a video?

DisneyInsider said:
I find it somewhat annoying that he is part of the 2006 logo with the fab 5 characters.

You are not alone on that one.

I just feel it has gone a tad bit too far when you replace Mickey on a Steamboat Willie pin with the little blue turd.

bsandersjr

Original Poster
crazydaveh said:
Funny, people are excited about EE and it's everywhere at AK and people don't complain!

Define everywhere please.
I do not recall any Yeti's walking around AK, making wake up calls at the resort, plastered to the monorails, or any merchandise in any gift shops outside of the attraction.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Don't you love when people post expecting others to join their rant then become upset when people have their own opinions that differ?

Ah.. the sweet smell of irony in the morning...

bsandersjr

Original Poster
At least it is not a "heated" argument.

One way or the other, everyone has an opinion, and that should be respected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom