Are you old enough to remember...

Mouse Man

That opening year was when my Sister and my soon to be Brother-Inlaw had taken me to Disney for the very first time ever. Pirates was cool and loved the huanted Mansion. Had the chance to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on. I was so disapointed to see was that all it was was brown colored steel framed rollar coaster. I was 9 years old that year. Remembered the COP and loved Pan-AM wings of man ride. I will never forget that first trip ever. I watched faithfully the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday evening before WDW opened. So going to see it as a kid was just extra special.

gerryu21220

That opening year was when my Sister and my soon to be Brother-Inlaw had taken me to Disney for the very first time ever. Pirates was cool and loved the huanted Mansion. Had the chance to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on. I was so disapointed to see was that all it was was brown colored steel framed rollar coaster. I was 9 years old that year. Remembered the COP and loved Pan-AM wings of man ride. I will never forget that first trip ever. I watched faithfully the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday evening before WDW opened. So going to see it as a kid was just extra special.

Only thing is, Pirates wasn't there when the MK opened in 1971. I believe POTC opened in 1973, after the public demanded they add it. CoP wasn't installed until 1975.

Perhaps you were lucky enough to go multiple times during those years, and just have the memories all lumped together?

Larry Mondello

I am old enough to remember driving from Massachusetts to Miami in 1966 and as we approached the Cape Canaveral area my father telling me that they were going to build a second "Disneyland" just west of here.

Disneyland, his words not mine

raven

The video says it was produced by Walt Disney Productions. If that's true then they stepped down on quality for that time. Supper 8 film to promote a park wouldn't be my example of Disney standards. This is why I think someone else put it together.

gerryu21220

The video says it was produced by Walt Disney Productions. If that's true then they stepped down on quality for that time. Supper 8 film to promote a park wouldn't be my example of Disney standards. This is why I think someone else put it together.

The poster mislabeled this film as a "promo" film, but it is not. It's the standard, Disney-produced souvenir film available from the gift shops at the park in the mid-1970s. It's all stock footage. Some of it dates all the way back to 1964 at the New York World's Fair (Small World), and most of the ride interiors is actually footage from their Disneyland counterparts.

Here is one that I bought at WDW in 1978:

HM8mmMovieBox.jpg

Parts of this souvenir film appear in that film on YouTube. Again, they used stock footage of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion with a title card showing the WDW facade.

I also have this one of the Main Street Electrical Parade. And again, it's labeled as the Magic Kingdom, but it's actually footage shot at Disneyland.

MSEP-Super8.jpg

Here is the footage. Someone replaced (or added) the soundtrack, but it's the same film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVYo_KyGpo

I didn't bother buying the general WDW souvenir film, as I had my own sound movie camera with me and shot my own footage of the exteriors and a few interiors.

Enchantâmes

Um Pirates wasn't there opening year, neither was COP, and If you had Wings.

Edit: oops someone beat me to it. -.-'

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm old enough to remember my 8mm movie projector not even having sound capabilities! :(

What is this "music thing" that goes along with the moving pictures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom