Are you into Disney Scrapbooking?

swimmom

I have lots of supplies and pictures, but haven't found the time to get my 12 x 12 scrapbook started. However, my daughter & I did start an 8 x 8 book on a relaxing trip we took to Wisconsin this past summer. I bought a packet of 8 x 8 Disney pages and we had some pictures printed and we brought along some other supplies (punches, eyelets, stickers) and we had a great time one evening putting it together.

rileyspaw

Original Poster
I take pics of my granddaughter with each character she meets and then scrapbook each picture into a 6"x6" Disney scrapbook/autograph book. We pack the book each trip and she gets the pic of her and the character autographed. She's gotten a lot of good positive comments from some of the face characters and approving gestures from characters like MICKEY, MINNIE, and DONALD.

At age 6, she hasn't really noticed that the CINDERELLA in the pic may not be the same CINDERELLA autographing the pic if you know what I mean!

figment1985

I think next time I am at Disney I will carry around some small cardstock paper (smaller than the autograph book sheets) and have different characters sign that... since it's more durable and I can glue it on my scrapbook!

Senderella

We've been twice so far and I have yet to scrap those trips even though I've been meaning to. This upcoming trip however, I am going to be scrapping. My mother in law is going with us this trip. She hasn't been since.. how old is my bil now? 22? He was "a little souvenier" from WDW, so that was the last time she was there. 23 years ago. She hasn't really had a TRUE vacation since her husband died 8 years ago. She's considered going to visit my 2 brothers in law and conventions vacations. I'm planning on taking a lot of scrapbook worthy pics and scrapbooking it for her as a Christmas present.

Funny thing is, my mil has polled just about everyone she knows (friends/neighbors) if she should go with us!! She doesn't think she'll have much fun at a "kids park", but since it's paid for now, she has no choice. :lol: When DH told me she asked her next door neighbors (whom she's close to) if she should go, they told her THEY just went 8 months ago and stayed at WLV since they're DVC members.

I plan on going on and doing a scrapbook for us at the same time as mil's.

Where online can you get supplies? I'm looking for a one stop shopping sort of webpage.

rileyspaw

Original Poster
Simply type in Disney Scrapbooking Supplies and do a web search. You'll have more sites to look at and more supplies than you'll know what to do with! Scrapbooks, papers "embellishments", it's all there!

gboiler1

I'm with the rest of you. Love Disney scrapbooking. My problem is I won't resuse stickers, papers, etc that I've used in another book, so I'm hoping more stuff keeps coming out!

Right now one of my projects is finishing our book from last September. I better hurry though, our next trip is in November and I don't want to be working on 2 different Disney books at once!

Senderella

Simply type in Disney Scrapbooking Supplies and do a web search. You'll have more sites to look at and more supplies than you'll know what to do with! Scrapbooks, papers "embellishments", it's all there!

Thanks.. I've found a lot at mousememories.com for disney items

I meant like general scrapping places online... a good all around one stop shop since I don't have any of my supplies anymore

swimmom

Thanks.. I've found a lot at mousememories.com for disney items

I meant like general scrapping places online... a good all around one stop shop since I don't have any of my supplies anymore

joann.com seems to have lots of scrapbooking supplies online.

jayjay

One trip to a craft store will open your eyes to the fact that you could spend a fortune on a single book, but there is no need to do so if you use all the stuff you get during your WDW trips.

I will give you a tip for anyone going in September and beyond, we went 2 years ago and got the special papers and the book for half off. They had alot of stickers off too. The paper was maybe $10 after discount and the book was $20 after discount. The other thing you can do to cut cost and not cut the look of expesive and get creative. I cut out a BIG Mickey (fits 12x12 page), and then collaged all of everything in Downtown Disney. When it is the first trip, you want to catch everything, and Downtown Disney has really cool stores. It cost me about 3 hours in time, but 2 pieces of card stock money wise, and the pictures I printed. The same with the Epcot World Showcase, I took all of the worlds, and miniaturized the pictures. Did a big circle to fit 12x12. Put a brad in the middle of the circle, and cut out a square to fit the pictures. The circle goes around and you see a picture of each country. Again, alot of time, little money. A brad, 2 pieces of cardstock, and the cost of printing the pictures and obviously the glue. People stop when the come to these 2 pages. The idea came when I had 50 pictures for DTD and I wanted to use all the pictures but not the space. Same with Epcot. I hope this helps anyone who wants special pages and not have the cost. The other place to get deals on Disney Scrapbook things is Ebay. I have gotten oodles of things, Disney and not, for cheap.

Senderella

jayjay;1806954I will give you a tip for anyone going in September and beyond said:
That's awesome. I wonder why though? It's not like a good amount of their stuff is brand new or needs to be changed year to year? Except of course the things that are celebration related or has the year on it? We'll be hitting WDW in October so hopefully they'll have some great sales.

SewIn2Disney

For all of you complaining that Disney has too much supplies.....I work in a craft store that has a large scrapbooking selection. I spend waaaay to much money there. Just today I put out all of the Disney halloween and Christmas scrapbooking supplies.....man they are soooo cute!

And yes, I do scrapbook. Just recently I started going back and scrapping old Disney vacations....I'm almost caught up!

Pressed pennies make great embelishments!

You can get supplies from Joanns, Michaels, Wal Mart, and depending on your location Hobby Lobby or Rag Shop.

jayjay

That's awesome. I wonder why though? It's not like a good amount of their stuff is brand new or needs to be changed year to year? Except of course the things that are celebration related or has the year on it? We'll be hitting WDW in October so hopefully they'll have some great sales.

The book we bought was dated 2004. I think that is why. It was the end of the year and they were trying to get rid of them. Go to DTD, and your hotel. Those are the best places.

rileyspaw

Original Poster
The AC MOORE store in my town has a great supply of DISNEY albums, papers, and stickers. Each week they seem to get more and different things in. They have 40% off coupons in our local newspaper each week and now and then a 50% coupon. I recently purchased a $30.00 MICKEY album by SANDYLION for $15.00 with my most recent 50% coupon.

figment1985

sorry I couldn't resist....

Here are some pictures of my scrapbook... sorry some are blurry.. you get the idea...

Attachments

• 100_1233.jpg
    100_1233.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_1234.jpg
    100_1234.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_1235.jpg
    100_1235.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1236.jpg
    100_1236.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_1237.jpg
    100_1237.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 89

figment1985

some more

Attachments

• 100_1241.jpg
    100_1241.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1242.jpg
    100_1242.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_1243.jpg
    100_1243.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1244.jpg
    100_1244.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_1245.jpg
    100_1245.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 66

figment1985

last few....

oh and autumndawn, I'd be happy too! lol!!!

Attachments

• 100_1246.jpg
    100_1246.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_1247.jpg
    100_1247.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_1248.jpg
    100_1248.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 50

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom