Are you an Annual Pass holder that wants discounts on room rates?

Tigger64

Pam,
There is a rumor flying around that only current passholders with ACTIVATED passes (not vouchers) will be able to book the AP Rate. Do you have any information of this?

TIA.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It doesn't matter if they are activated or not. As long as you have one you can book the discount. You should have it activated when you check in though in case they ask you to show it.

Pam

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I was able to call Disney and verify that the codes that were posted by Dr Teeth are for real and will indeed be released this weekend. They( the people at Disney) are under strict orders to not book ANYTHING before these codes are officially released. For all of the AP holders, please keep an eye out for any E mails saying that we can call a day ahead of time!!!! I have gotten those the past couple of times and have always posted the information for my fellow AP holders on here!!! Once again, some great information from some awesome people!!! Thanks everyone!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Tigger64

Kingdom Konsultant said:
It doesn't matter if they are activated or not. As long as you have one you can book the discount. You should have it activated when you check in though in case they ask you to show it.

Pam

I have a MYW ticket that I bought that CRO said I could upgrade if I wanted an AP if AP rates did come out. I hope this wasn't bad information that she gave me :(

Upvote 0

Woody13

wannabeBelle said:
For all of the AP holders, please keep an eye out for any E mails saying that we can call a day ahead of time!!!! I have gotten those the past couple of times and have always posted the information for my fellow AP holders on here!!! Once again, some great information from some awesome people!!! Thanks everyone!!! Belle

Why not just book now at the regular rate? When the AP discount codes are announced, they will then be applied to your reservation. I don't understand all the fuss concerning this subject. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Woody, The AP codes, just like any other code or discount type only have a limited number of rooms per resort. In some cases I havent been able to get a resort I have wanted and have had to switch to a different resort if I wanted an AP rate!!! In December, I recall many people here couldnt get the Wilderness Lodge at the AP rate. So it is not an automatic thing to get an AP rate applied to an exsisting reservation. THAT is the big deal!! Belle

Upvote 0

AEfx

Woody13 said:
Why not just book now at the regular rate? When the AP discount codes are announced, they will then be applied to your reservation. I don't understand all the fuss concerning this subject. :wave:

Woody, sarcasm TOTALLY aside, I'm surprised someone as knowledgable as yourself is asking. It's refreshing...but surprising nontheless. ;)

As Belle so wonderfully put above, indeed the rates are limited making that one reason we want to know ahead of time ASAP.

Second, it can be a problem (as I posted in another thread) applying a discount code if you don't know a few things - it normally can be done but there are exceptions (i.e. booking online cannot do it after the fact, even if you call, without a hassle of refunding/paying an additional deposit). And, depending on your budget, you may not be in the position to put down a larger deposit than you need (if you book early at a higher rate).

Finally, for many of us (and I think Belle and I are of similar mind on this) who live far away yet are AP holders we actually plan our trips around the discounts. If it weren't for AP discounts, I'd be a one-week a year person. Thankfully, because of the unlimited admission, resort, and Disney Dining card discounts (best $50 I ever spent!) I am able to make 3-4 trips a year. I have been tentatively planning a trip the second week of May, but I have done nothing but plan until now because I didn't know if rates would be available. If I had to pay full rack rate, I may not have come down at all (if the discounted rate is $74, that's just about my threshold for trips like this).

I figured it out yesterday, at the end of my pass this year I will have spent 24 days of admission. That includes any day where I spent at least 8 hours in a park (including arrival/departure, since I usually book flights to allow me to spend most of the day in a park), with some days 15 hours (when they have EMH at night). That's a LOT of time I'm buying food, buying pins, buying gifts, and spending that extra money that makes WDW keep going 'round. If it weren't for these discounts, I'd spend 7 days a year in the parks - which would be enough and much more than many people get, but a lot less than I get now.

So, in a very long-winded, 'round-about answer, many of us "live" on these discounts, so their release is a momentous occasion. It allows us to finally solidify plans and for me helps me spend more time in the parks than I used to dream.

Hope that answered your question. ;)

AEfx

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK Folks, Pam of Kingdom Konsultants JUST Called me. The AP rates have been released as of now!!!! The code is EWY as previously mentioned and the check in dates are from 4/17/05-7/4/05. Happy Calling everyone!!! And a special thank you to Pam for alerting us to an early release!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Gucci65

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there Woody, The AP codes, just like any other code or discount type only have a limited number of rooms per resort. In some cases I havent been able to get a resort I have wanted and have had to switch to a different resort if I wanted an AP rate!!! In December, I recall many people here couldnt get the Wilderness Lodge at the AP rate. So it is not an automatic thing to get an AP rate applied to an exsisting reservation. THAT is the big deal!! Belle

I can verify that statement since I was one of the people that happened to.

Upvote 0

Woody13

wannabeBelle said:

Hi Belle! :wave: Yes, that makes perfect sense. It's just been my experience that I have always been able to get the discount codes (AP and/or others) applied regardless of the time I made the original reservation. I too often have heard that the codes are limited to specific resorts and that they are also limited in number. However, in my experience, I have never run into these limitations. I suppose I have been very lucky.

AEfx said:
As Belle so wonderfully put above, indeed the rates are limited making that one reason we want to know ahead of time ASAP.

Second, it can be a problem (as I posted in another thread) applying a discount code if you don't know a few things - it normally can be done but there are exceptions (i.e. booking online cannot do it after the fact, even if you call, without a hassle of refunding/paying an additional deposit). And, depending on your budget, you may not be in the position to put down a larger deposit than you need (if you book early at a higher rate).

Finally, for many of us (and I think Belle and I are of similar mind on this) who live far away yet are AP holders we actually plan our trips around the discounts. If it weren't for AP discounts, I'd be a one-week a year person. Thankfully, because of the unlimited admission, resort, and Disney Dining card discounts (best $50 I ever spent!) I am able to make 3-4 trips a year. I have been tentatively planning a trip the second week of May, but I have done nothing but plan until now because I didn't know if rates would be available. If I had to pay full rack rate, I may not have come down at all (if the discounted rate is $74, that's just about my threshold for trips like this).

So, in a very long-winded, 'round-about answer, many of us "live" on these discounts, so their release is a momentous occasion. It allows us to finally solidify plans and for me helps me spend more time in the parks than I used to dream.

Hope that answered your question. ;) AEfx

Hi AEfx! :wave: I'm glad you told me that because it helps me to understand your perspective concerning advanced room booking at WDW. I tend to view the WDW reservation process with a rather cynical eye. I often hear of resorts being "sold out" or "fully booked", yet I have never had a problem getting a reservation during these periods. In reality, if you examine all the options available (i.e. Disney Resorts, AAA resort blocks, Swan & Dolphin, DTD resorts, DVC rentals, etc.) on site accommodations are always available and discounts abound. WDW is never really "sold out".

WDW uses these codes as inducements to book rooms. They also use the "limited time only" announcement as one way to help insure that people book at least 30 or more days in advance. The rush to discover the "new" discount codes (before they are all gone) is really just sales hyperbole. It causes a stampede of advance room bookings, however, if you wait a few days after the mad rush, the discounts always reappear like magic!

Some people seem to be either willing shills or unwitting dupes when it comes to the discussion of room booking procedures and PS at WDW. You may know that "Hºoºwie" is still in business doing his Cindy's Breakfast shortcut booking procedure. The entire "Hºoºwie's Angles" phenomena came about because of the panic many guests felt when faced with the prospect that their little princess might not get to see Cinderella! And the beat goes on!

Also, I laugh because you thought you were long winded! :lol:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I made our ressies for our trip May 6-15th but I wasn't that impressed with this AP discount. So I don't know if we will keep the reservation, cut our trip shorter or a possible split of this trip onsite and offsite..as its been several years since we have been to "other" parks and the kids are expressing interest in the beach and Sea World. so it really wouldn't make sense to pay a higher cost to be at Disney if we wont really be at Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom