Are you an Annual Pass holder that wants discounts on room rates?

shoppingnut

I use Pam all the time and she is one of the nicest people. You should not accuse someone of being snippy because they corrected your misunderstanding of reading information. When I read the information, I understood it perfectly to mean there is a charge for an itinerary if you don't book through her. Why should she do an itinerary for free when someone else is getting the commission on your trip.

Upvote 0

PrinceDon

Wait a sec... It does say there is a charge...

"What is all this going to cost me??? Kingdom Konsultants bases their pricing upon the length of stay. This price covers your itinerary: meal & recreation planning, tours, park cruises & additional information about WDW, to help make your stay memorable. This does NOT cover the actual costs of meals, recreation, tours, or separate hard-ticket functions. "

I think this is the part he/she was talking about. When I read this, I thought you had a charge also. Maybe the paste was out of context, but I read this as saying my vacation would cost more because of the use of an agent. Don't be snippy :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

PrinceDon said:
"What is all this going to cost me??? Kingdom Konsultants bases their pricing upon the length of stay. This price covers your itinerary: meal & recreation planning, tours, park cruises & additional information about WDW, to help make your stay memorable. This does NOT cover the actual costs of meals, recreation, tours, or separate hard-ticket functions. "

I think this is the part he/she was talking about. When I read this, I thought you had a charge also. Maybe the paste was out of context, but I read this as saying my vacation would cost more because of the use of an agent. Don't be snippy :wave:

Go to Pam's site and read the entire thing. Taking a snippet out of context is not fair to anyone. She only charges for the itinerary IF YOU DO NOT book with her.
Pam is a longtime member and a sponser of this site and I'm embarrassed that anyone here would call her integrity into question.
But then you are new here and are not familiar with her and all she has done for many of the members here. Stick around and I'm sure you will come to view her as an invaluable source, just like the rest of us. :wave:

Upvote 0

scorp111

tigsmom said:
Go to Pam's site and read the entire thing. Taking a snippet out of context is not fair to anyone. She only charges for the itinerary IF YOU DO NOT book with her.
Pam is a longtime member and a sponser of this site and I'm embarrassed that anyone here would call her integrity into question.
But then you are new here and are not familiar with her and all she has done for many of the members here. Stick around and I'm sure you will come to view her as an invaluable source, just like the rest of us. :wave:

Very eloquently put...

and the sincere truth :)

Upvote 0

PrinceDon

But...But...it really is mis-leading...in the other way..

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt Pam in any way. Although I haven't used her before, I have recommended her to others (and if I remember right he didn't use her because there was a mention of a charge so he went with AAA). I may have not posted many times here, but I have been here for a couple of years.

The page (http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/services.htm) that the quote comes from does not say it is specifically about itineraries. It is for Kingdom Konsultants Pricing and Services. If I call and ask her to book a trip, is that not a service? From reading the page, I would be expecting to be charged a per day fee for her booking my trip. Thats all...

I am not questioning Pam's intentions. If/when I am going to use an agent I will be sure to give her a call first. I think the page is a bit mis-leading, in the other way - I would be expecting to get charged, then surprised when I didn't, if I called.

I am (and I believe the original post) trying to help Pam out, the page is not very clear on what there will be a charge for.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah, so any word on the may discount codes for AP holders? ;)

btw, when I read that snipet I too assumed that there would be fees involved..based on the number of days of the trip. I don't think anyone on this sight would question Pams integrity. I know that many people (all of us who take advantage of ap discount codes etc.) myself included, appreciate all that Pam does for us on this website! Keep up the great work~

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I guess I'm in the minority...this is the statement that had me confused...

"Kingdom Konsultants bases their pricing upon the length of stay. This price covers....(and so on)"

Every time I've read that I assumed that the "price" that was being referred to was the price to use Kingdom Konsultants. So I also thought there was a charge to book through them that was based on your length of stay. That's how I read it. I appreciate the clarification! I'm guessing DreamerCM was confused in the same way that I was.

But anyway, now that I know there isn't a charge I will probably look into using Pam! :)

Edited to say - Maybe it would be more clear if it said "Kingdom Konsultants bases their trip prices upon the length of stay." Then it would be clear exactly what the word "price" meant.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there everyone, I also at first glance had thought there was a charge involved for booking with Pam prior to actually using her services. When I re-read the information and actually spoke with Pam via these boards, I then understood that there was not a charge for booking of any vacation items, which can include airfare, hotel rooms, tickets, rental cars and/or transfer services. The only item that Pam DOES charge seperately for is the Itinerary planning. In addition the only time she would charge for that is if you have NOT booked a package with her. If you have booked a package with her, she will make up your itinerary as a part of your total vacation package. This may not be a necessary thing if you are heading to the Islands or Vegas, but in Walt Disney World, there are so many things to see and do it can all get a bit overwhelming!!! A guide like that really does help especially for a newbie!!! I have dealt with Pam for a few years now and she has always been wonderful with me and a great source of information for these boards. I hope that the people who havent used her services as of yet get to see how wonderful she is and how hard she will work to make sure that your vacation is just perfect!!! Belle

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DreamerCM said:
Wow, there is no reason to be snippy. This will not get you customers. It just is not clear on the website. Sorry to bring it to your attention.

Just suggest a little caution there Dreamer. I'm sure you know that relying on short written messages for an accurate transfer of information, can easily be misunderstood. I believe this is the situation here, please give a little more leeway prior to making a somewhat inflammatory comment.

...just a little more patience.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Pam, your policy IS easy to misunderstand. I've looked at several travel agent sites and it's usually in big bold words that bookings are free.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
As I tell my staff and kids, if there is a question, don't assume, all you have to do is ask. If anyone is serious about using an travel agent you would want to talk to the person and have your questions answered beforehand.

Whether or not the statement is confusing is moot at this point as it is unlikely that anything will be accomplished by furthering this discussion.

Let's leave it at point taken, some are confused by the statement, but also knowing Pam as many here do, she is forthcoming, a real value, especially to those who don't know all the in's and out's and she should be judged after you give her a try.

Sound like a plan?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dwarful said:
Yeah, so any word on the may discount codes for AP holders? ;)

btw, when I read that snipet I too assumed that there would be fees involved..based on the number of days of the trip. I don't think anyone on this sight would question Pams integrity. I know that many people (all of us who take advantage of ap discount codes etc.) myself included, appreciate all that Pam does for us on this website! Keep up the great work~
Still waiting on the May Discounts!!! Anyone hear anything?? Belle

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Kingdom Konsultant said:
And Boy was I mad that night! :lol:

Pam

I was mad!! Imagine standing at the front desk and them telling me that the reservation was for the next night! (Not to mention that the hostess took me to the table that she thought was our group.....)If I hadn't seen your t-shirt on the way out of the door I never would have met everyone.

Oh and I didn't think you were being snippy either.

Waiting on December rates, c'mon August.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

wannabeBelle said:
Still waiting on the May Discounts!!! Anyone hear anything?? Belle

Nothing yet Belle.

Anytime I see I have email I jump online to see if it's from Disney giving advanced notice, lol. I'm just so obsessed, lol.

But I wouldn't mind a nice rate. :cool:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Good work Don!!! The more of us that are looking for it, the better chance we have a getting a good rate for all of us!!! If I see anything I will post it, please do the same!!! Belle

Upvote 0

spoodles

I'm embarrassed that anyone here would call her integrity into question.
I don't see where anyone did any such thing. People need to accept constructive criticism in the spirit it's intended. I always thought it was confusing too. As I read this thread, seemed to me the person was just trying to help. And frankly, "I know what my policy is." seems a tad snippy to me.

It would just be clearer if the first line read something like "KK does not charge ANY fee on trips booked through us."

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you are booking a trip through us, this will cost you NOTHING.
Kingdom Konsultants will provide you with a free itinerary when you book a trip through us. For itinerary only, the average-sized family, the cost is $25/day*. Group pricing provided upon request. Payment must be received within two weeks of billing date. We are now accepting credit card payment through PayPal!

I had my husband change the wording so it can be understood easier.

Pam

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

wannabeBelle said:
Good work Don!!! The more of us that are looking for it, the better chance we have a getting a good rate for all of us!!! If I see anything I will post it, please do the same!!! Belle

This just happened, and was kind of odd:

Just called CRO inquiring about some type of discount for rooms. She said none were released. We were talking for awhile about NJ, the beach, and Kansas of all things, and she mentions that an "AP rate just happened to pop up for Yacht/ Beach/ BoardWalk for your dates" in May for $262/night including taxes compared to a rack rate of 330something.

It was wierd that she said there were none to begin with, then an AP rate magically appears. Regardless I did not take it b/c I have had much cheaper before, and will try again later, and I already have a safety room booked at Dolphin if the others have nothing in my price range.

I promise I am not lying or exaggerating, I always said I would post anything concerning codes when they came out--maybe this is a prelude for codes to come. It was def. not what was expected.

Only time will tell, but I just wanted to share my story. :)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I just called and spoke to a CM and they actually have an advisory that is saying DO NOt BOOK the AP rate EARLY. So they are in fact coming out. You got lucky Don if you were able to book that. I can pretty much say that you will not be able to book this at this time.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom