Are we on the cusp of major attraction announcements??!!

Crazy Harry

Original Poster
I'm just curious about what people think.

IMO, it seems likely. First of all timekeeper is being preped, WOL is down, and now that SSE has a new sponcer it needs a new post show.

Secondly, now that Everest is a huge sucess, AK needs more. I would be pleased with a steady procession of more minor attractions with maybe an E ticket in the mix somewhere

Thirdly, it seems there are more rumors floating around now than ever. Those that have weight persist and it seems most current rumors have weight. Of course somethings like villan mountain and beastlie kingdom may never die no matter what, other things like Star Tours 2 and an indy ride seem more logical.

Finally, we have a new guy in there that may want to mix things up a bit.

My predictions:

MK: Other than Monsters, nothing significant in the immediant future other than rehabs. I can see a space gutting before the 20k site is touched. SIDE NOTE: With the rumors of COP being replaced by an indoor flying saucers, why not use the old skyway site for the flting saucers instead? Although, I guess if you look at things from one perspective, COP no longer fits the theme anyway.

EPCOT: New SSE post and WOL replacement with other developements possible

MGM: Star tours and at least one e ticket addition with a show or smaller ticket ride in conjunction.

AK: Sky's the limit

So please, discuss. Let's speculate and make merry.

i'm thinking Camp Minnie and Mickey needs a ride over there, I mean all they have is The Lion King Show, so that draws crowds, but then they basically have to walk across the park to get to another big attraction..., i didnt read your whole artical b/c i'm off to school i'll read and comment more later!!

MickeyMan101

brkgnews

I wouldn't dare to make any real predictions, as I cannot stand the taste of humble pie. However, here are the items that I would like to see AND I feel have at least a 50% likelihood of actually happening sometime in the future...

EPCOT: WoL replacement with a Weather pavilion. This would include the import of the Storm Riders attraction from Tokyo's DisneySea. It would also be a nice nod back to EPCOT's founding principles just in time for its 25th.

Animal Kingdom: Import of Journey to the Centre of the Earth from Asia. I personally do NOT think beastlie kingdomme will ever come to pass, but I believe Everest does pave the way for similar "fantasy" attractions to make their way into AK.

MK: Since we all know Timekeepr is no more, I wouldn't mind some sort of Flying Saucers revamp. I think it fits into the theme of Tomorrowland enough to legitamize it, even without what will almost certainly be a Buzz Lightyear tie-in.

DMGM: I think we will eventually get an Indy ride here. If we can get LMA to have more capacity (that is, more shows) then there's little reason to have a second stunt show up and running (third, if you count the Backlot's Catastrophe Canyon and water battles). You could keep the Indy audience and add a solid third (thrill-based) E-ticket at the same time.

With the exception of the flying saucers, these are all clones that could be imported rather quickly, but still given some nice "Florida-only" touches to make them stand out. I have no problem with clones, as long as the original is good. I love Soarin', and have no issue with the fact that it was in California first.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
brkgnews said:
I wouldn't dare to make any real predictions, as I cannot stand the taste of humble pie.

Yeah, Im right there with you. There are plenty of things I would like to see, but as far as any future outlook is concerned, I believe the only safe place to be is on the sideliness with both hands clasped behind the back.:lookaroun

I have such grand hopes that we are going to witness one of the most creative and magical times in all of Disney history.

Here's to hoping!:wave:

I really like the idea of a weather pavillion in Epcot...of course I am interested in the weather and its effects on us...always has been a sort of hobby.

I also think that an Indy Ride at the studios would be great.

My only fear is that rather than make new rides, the powers that be will simply move a DL ride to WDW or a TDL or TDS ride to WDW and think that everything is great.

If done to excess, it could cheapen the parks.

Johnny

Mr Bill

I'd rather see the Timekeeper area gutted out and have them add some new scenes to Buzz in the area, but odds are nothing like that will happen.

Mr Bill said:
I'd rather see the Timekeeper area gutted out and have them add some new scenes to Buzz in the area, but odds are nothing like that will happen.

I know this is completely off topic but I have to say it... Mr. Bill, that is quite possibly the COOLEST Avatar i've ever seen.

"Write to me, Stick Stickly, PO Box 963, New York City, New York State, 10108" Yep, thats from memory. http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/456/

venooch333

I think that whatever does eventually go where our beloved Timekeeper is the higher poweres will deff try to make a success because whether they like it or not managment know that the feedback from Stitch has been poor! So if they make a major hit then people will forget about how bad Stitch is and flow to the new atrraction! Also because of where Timekeeper is placed it could also pull more crowds towards Stitch and bulk up the amount of people who visit the attraction!!:)

RPMdfw

Crazy Harry said:
Secondly, now that Everest is a huge sucess, . . . .

Isn't it a bit early to be calling it a huge success when it hasn't even offiially opened yet? Sure it's getting lots of preview crowds, but what doesn't when it first previews/soft opens. If it's still pulling those kinds of crowds a couple years down the line AFTER other things have been built (like Test Track for instance) THEN I'd call it a huge hit. Not prior to it's grand opening.

SGT623

brkgnews said:
If we can get LMA to have more capacity (that is, more shows) then there's little reason to have a second stunt show up and running

Sorry but I do not agree. They are two entirely different shows and I see no reason why they can not co-exist. If you want to talk about duplication, look at the Magic Kingdoms Dumbo, Flying Carpets, and Astro Orbiter. Parks can handle more than one coaster, more than one boat ride, etc. Why not more than one stunt show? You can not tell me that there is no room for an Indy attraction without scraping the stunt show. There is always a way. Plus, the stunt show still packs them in to this day. Why on Earth would you want to scrap it? Not to mention the huge crowd control that would be lost. Let's go forward without taking a step back.

WDWFREAK53

MGM needs MORE...not DIFFERENT.

It is, by far, the most lacking park now. People can still say it's the Animal Kingdom...but at least the Animal Kingdom allows you to see something new every time you go...and you can take your time...MGM feels too "hustle-and-bustly" to be able to take it at a slow pace.

MartyMouse

Well now that we are talking about what we would like to see happen, I’ll toss my 2 cents in to the mix.

MK – Timekeeper should be replaced with a TRON themed attraction, I know this will never happen, but by golly I want to see it. The old Skyway building needs to be turned into a small attraction perhaps the “flying saucer” ride or an AA stage show for the kids. COP needs to be updated to reflect the 21st century. Mickey’s Toontown needs to have the meet and greet area pulled out and an attraction (perhaps based on Duck Tales) put in there (I’ve felt that way for years).

EPCOT – Bring back the icons and the original logo (again I know this will never happen). Put the Weather Pavilion between The Seas and The Land. Reopen Wonders of Life with new attractions and shows. Add another country to World Showcase.

MGM – Totally update the backstage area or remove it. Add an ILM backstage show where they show true special effects and add a Henson Creature Shop and a live Muppet Show with real Muppet performers. Start to produce a TV show for the Disney Channel at the studios. Then Slap in a Narnnia dark Ride for good measure.

DAK – I think it’s great the way it is now, perhaps keep the characters out of the park and keep them in Camp Mini-Mickey only - also add a play area for small kids based on Brother Bear. Perhaps add a D-ticket ride to Africa.

Build a Broadway style theater in Downtown Disney to attract big traveling shows.

Add another club to the Boardwalk (jazz?).

MartyMouse

WDWFREAK53 said:
MGM needs MORE...not DIFFERENT.

It is, by far, the most lacking park now. People can still say it's the Animal Kingdom...but at least the Animal Kingdom allows you to see something new every time you go...and you can take your time...MGM feels too "hustle-and-bustly" to be able to take it at a slow pace.

You’re right about MGM it seemed more laid back before they changed the layout to open up the back area and that was back when the park only had half the attractions it has now. I don’t think the issue is that there isn’t enough to do at MGM, I just think the layout is bad. Perhaps a few smaller attractions between the large areas of the park would help it flow better.

MartyMouse

SGT623 said:
Why not more than one stunt show? You can not tell me that there is no room for an Indy attraction without scraping the stunt show. There is always a way. Plus, the stunt show still packs them in to this day. Why on Earth would you want to scrap it? Not to mention the huge crowd control that would be lost. Let's go forward without taking a step back.

I think that the Motor stun show pales in comparison to the Indian Jones show and I’ve seen Indy like 15 times and the Motor only 1 time. Indy can be a little cheesy with the guy in his pajama shirt, but that’s part of the charm. There is room for an Indy ride if Disney decides to go that rout however Disney owns plenty of other properties that would make for great attractions. What about the Crying Game or Pulp Fiction? They would make for … oh … right. What about the Village or Armageddon?

OmegaKnight

Here is what Disney should do with every park:

Magic Kingdom: Give Space Mountain a Disneyland-style rehab. Update Carousel of Progress to better reflect the 21st century. Do something with The Timekeeper that is more than a simple clone of an existing attraction. And of course, build something in the former 20,000 Leagues lagoon. I know this issue is brought up numerous times but Disney seriously has so much room sitting here that they aren't doing anything with. Build a new attraction here that fits in with Fantasyland. One more thing I would love to see is a complete rehab of The Haunted Mansion. A lot of the cool effects aren't working or are hardly working and let's bring the Haunted Manison Holiday overlay to Florida.

Epcot: Give Spaceship Earth its overdue and long-needed rehab to bring it more into the 21st century (although this seems to be ocurring already with Siemens on board as sponsor.) Convert Universe of Energy's show into one based upon Monsters, Inc. This would be a perfect fit and kids would love to learn about energy. Permanantely close down WoL and build a new kick-______ pavilion here. I don't care what its about, just don't have a big building sit here and do nothing 11 1/2 months out of the year. Lastly, bring a parade back to Epcot.

Disney-MGM Studios: A new E-ticket attraction to take some pressure off the already crowded Tower/Coaster/Fantasmic area. Update the Backlot tour or just remove it. Put a permanent attraction either where the ABC TV Theatre is or where the Narnia attraction currently is. Get rid of Sounds Dangerous. Star Tours 2! Update Muppet Vision 3D (but keep the hilarious pre-show0

Animal Kingdom: With Everest opening, this park just got A LOT more publicity. I would, however, love to see more attractions built that don't involve live animals and could stay open later through the day.

SirGoofy

Major announcements? I'm not so sure. I'm thinking a replacement for Timekeeper will be announced soon, but other than that I'm not sure. I think they're gonna take their time on what to do with WoL, and I don't see anything huge going into MGM. But if anything does go down at MGM, I think it'll be over in the Soundstage area.

MeTa

Crazy Harry said:
I'm just curious about what people think.

IMO, it seems likely. First of all timekeeper is being preped, WOL is down, and now that SSE has a new sponcer it needs a new post show.

Secondly, now that Everest is a huge sucess, AK needs more. I would be pleased with a steady procession of more minor attractions with maybe an E ticket in the mix somewhere

Thirdly, it seems there are more rumors floating around now than ever. Those that have weight persist and it seems most current rumors have weight. Of course somethings like villan mountain and beastlie kingdom may never die no matter what, other things like Star Tours 2 and an indy ride seem more logical.

Finally, we have a new guy in there that may want to mix things up a bit.

My predictions:

MK: Other than Monsters, nothing significant in the immediant future other than rehabs. I can see a space gutting before the 20k site is touched. SIDE NOTE: With the rumors of COP being replaced by an indoor flying saucers, why not use the old skyway site instead? I guess if you look at things from one perspective, COP no longer fits the theme.

EPCOT: New SSE post and WOL replacement with other developements possible

MGM: Star tours and at least one e ticket addition with a show or smaller ticket ride in conjunction.

AK: Sky's the limit

So please, discuss. Let's speculate and make merry.

Agree with everything but the COP comment, that is a staple of the parks. I was not around on its debut but I love it to this day. There are still many people out there that love the nostalgic quality about it. In my OPINION, it should stay right where it is. But thats me......:wave:

PTINDY

Pixar overload

I really enjoyed all of the pixar movies. I own most on DVD.
But I am getting PIXAR-ED at the parks. And its only going to get worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom