Are they still enforcing the fastpass return times?

backinaction

Original Poster
I was hoping that Disney would have second thoughts after seeing all the problems they run into. Maybe give a little leniency or a grace period of some kind to allow the average guest to get used to the new rule? If they are indeed still enforcing the return times, can you plead with CM at the fastpass entrance to let you in after the time window has expired ( ie; tell them you got stuck on a ride or your dinner reservations ran late)? Any personal experiences with the new system would be a great help for planning my next trip. Thanks!

mgklmp

just plan ahead. With them enforcing the times, it makes the fastpass lines shorter for everyone. don't try to play the system, it just makes everything fair for everyone.

TiggersPooh

Come on time. Pleading and make a scene at fastpass return will just get you directed to Guest Relations. There is enough information out there for guests to know to come on time. It is on the fastpass ticket, on top of the fastpass machines and on the times guide. Come on time.

tinktoo

They were enforcing the times over Easter. We witnessed a man really complaining at TSM in DHS, and it got him nowhere. His family held up the line for a short while, and a "plain clothed" CM was in attendance very quickly to sort the situation out. Bottom line, they didn't get into the FastPass lane.

However, this new policy doesn't bother me at all, because we always stuck to the times printed on the FastPasses anyway. :)

I_heart_Tigger

I was there late April and they were enforcing it then. Two men wanted to get into RnR a few hours after their FP expired. They were told no luck and that there were still FP's available and they were welcome to pick one up. They made a bit of a fuss and blocked the FP lane for the people, like myself who had come back on time for a few minutes so I got to hear the entire thing.

The CM was polite but firm and stated that the rules are clearly printed on the FP and that is what they will follow. The men had a sob story about their ADR's getting mixed up and having to eat a half hour later and tried their best but thank goodness the CM stuck to her guns.

The FP lines were super fast when I was there. The only time I stood still for more than a minute or so was for Soarin'. Even TSMM was a quick FP line. It seemed to me that playing by the rules actually put the "fast" back in Fastpass. I hope it continues!

Fractal514

Here's a trick I saw on another board...

Get your fast passes and go about your business, return whenever you'd like, and when the CM tells you they aren't valid anymore, and here's the trick, realize that you aren't special and get over it.

I'm not sure it'll work for everyone, but it seems to work for 90% of the people. If it doesn't work for your family, there is another trick you an try. Get out of line, go back to your hotel, pack your bags, and go home. This way you'll show Disney how much you don't like the new rule and you'll get to feel superior and self-righteous by never returning to the parks.

I don't know, give it a try, it might work :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I was hoping that Disney would have second thoughts after seeing all the problems they run into. Maybe give a little leniency or a grace period of some kind to allow the average guest to get used to the new rule? If they are indeed still enforcing the return times, can you plead with CM at the fastpass entrance to let you in after the time window has expired ( ie; tell them you got stuck on a ride or your dinner reservations ran late)? Any personal experiences with the new system would be a great help for planning my next trip. Thanks!

There is a grace period [surprised not one of the responses above bothered to mention it], built in for exactly the scenarios you mention. You can return up to five minutes before your window and fifteen minutes after.

Samoht

I for one am glad they are enforcing the rules for fastpasses. I actually never even knew you could return after the time listed on your pass anyway. Obviously some were taking advantage of Disneys forgiving system and probably ruined it for anyone who really does have a legitimate reason for being a little late. It must be priceless to see the "cheaters" argue their point though at the fastpass entrance.

erasure fan1

They were enforcing the times over Easter. We witnessed a man really complaining at TSM in DHS, and it got him nowhere. His family held up the line for a short while, and a "plain clothed" CM was in attendance very quickly to sort the situation out. Bottom line, they didn't get into the FastPass lane.

However, this new policy doesn't bother me at all, because we always stuck to the times printed on the FastPasses anyway. :)

I hope this is the case all the time, with every cast member. From my experience, Disney mostly caves to people who complain. My sister in-law has friends who complain just to skirt the system. Getting into meals, fast-passes, you name it. I have seen it first hand and it makes me sick. Im not sure what makes me more angry though, the jerks who do this, or Disney for not having a spine to stop it.

My thoughts on this are simple. The rule is the rule. Although I am not happy with the change, I am confident we can still use the system to our advantage, we just need to adjust. I just really hope Disney is not business as usual with this one. If you have a rule, stick to your guns, dont let jerk guests run rough shot all over you. If there is a true problem, take care of it, but not every customer is always right.

menamechris

I haven't pushed the FastPass rule aside from taking advantage of the grace period. Though I may not be a fan of the new rule, it is what it is. No one should break a rule for the sole purpose of putting a cast member in a awkward or uncomfortable position. They have to do deal with a lot, and don't get paid enough already...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I haven't pushed the FastPass rule aside from taking advantage of the grace period. Though I may not be a fan of the new rule, it is what it is. No one should break a rule for the sole purpose of putting a cast member in a awkward or uncomfortable position. They have to do deal with a lot, and don't get paid enough already...

I will never, ever, understand the people who think that the Fastpass greeter that makes $9 an hour had anything to do with the decision to enforce the FP return times. It makes absolutely no sense to try and chew them out for just doing their job.

Victor Kelly

Too bad, so sad, bye bye.

Follow the rules or deal with the consequences. Which are, you don't get to ride or you don't get seated.

Bluewaves

Thank god they finally are enforcing the rules, nothing angers me more than when I follow the times printed on the ticket and everyone else just tries to force their way through the line. I hope they stick to their guns on this.

the-reason14

just plan ahead. With them enforcing the times, it makes the fastpass lines shorter for everyone. don't try to play the system, it just makes everything fair for everyone.

It wasn't this way in March. The fastpass lines were just as long as the regular lines or so it seemed. I didn't get to ride splash mt. because of this. And to the op, yes they are still enforcing this new rule, and is the reason why I didn't go back this month and why I allowed my AP to expire with no plans to renew it.

drtbmx

Really? you stopped going to Disney world and let your AP expire because they are now "enforcing" a rule that people return within a one hour window printed on their fastpass, which they allow you to use for free? Really?
Well hopefully this will weed out some of the whining/ pain in the bottom guests I'd rather not have at the park while I'm visiting....:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom