Are they still enforcing the fastpass return times?

the-reason14

LMAO :ROFLOL: When have I complained about this change? I welcomed it. ;) And what does your childish decision have to do with me? Not much, other than you maybe taking up one less spot in a line I happen to be in. Thanks for that by the way!! :wave: And I have plenty of common sense. I show it in that I do not allow something this petty to dictate my life. :rolleyes: Common sense should tell you that if you are too big of a child to handle the rules being enforced, you should have stayed home long ago. ;)

And if you are so upset by the way Disney handles its business, please... don't give them another dime. That'll show em. :D

No I meant it wouldn't make sense for ME to sit up here and complain about the change and still go. Just like most of yall complain about burnt out light bulbs and broken AAs and say how much the place has fallen apart in the past decade or so and still go, that's counterproductive and doesn't help them(Disney) change or even want to. And I'm glad you have such great deductive reasoning skills to think that a simple decision about WDW equals what I do and dictate my life. I don't know about you, but I have a life outside of Disney.:eek: I know that may shock some. Either way, I'm glad you're so happy about my decisions about what I plan on doing or not doing with my money. How many trips are you planning on taking this year to WDW? Oh never mind, don't answer that because I don't care. :D

SMS55

No I meant it wouldn't make sense for ME to sit up here and complain about the change and still go. Just like most of yall complain about burnt out light bulbs and broken AAs and say how much the place has fallen apart in the past decade or so and still go, that's counterproductive and doesn't help them(Disney) change or even want to. D

Well said. Why are they going to change anything? If you hit them in the pocketbook and tell them, what they are charging is not worth what they are selling they'll improve it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They cannot allow a grace period for guests to get used to the "new rule" because how would a grace period be enforced. They had to be strict from the start. When you have some guests that visit every week and come that have only visited once in the past decade, it is hard to determine what would be fair. Disney has done what they can to inform their guests as well. So far, there have honestly been few complaints than what I think most expected there to be. Most people follow just fine. Don't try to cheat the system or plead with a cast member because they have probably heard it all and in the end it will only frustrate you and your family. As stated in a previous post, just plan ahead and accordingly. It won't be as bad as you think.

There IS a grace period! 5 minutes before and fifteen after.

the-reason14

Well said. Why are they going to change anything? If you hit them in the pocketbook and tell them, what they are charging is not worth what they are selling they'll improve it.

This is true, but unfortunately for every one guest that decides not to go for their own personal reasons like myself, there will be a good 100 or more that will go that aren't aware of the missed quality. But every little bit helps, and the people who complain the loudest that stems from their passion should realize this and force WDW to do better.

I_heart_Tigger

This is true, but unfortunately for every one guest that decides not to go for their own personal reasons like myself, there will be a good 100 or more that will go that aren't aware of the missed quality. But every little bit helps, and the people who complain the loudest that stems from their passion should realize this and force WDW to do better.

I agree that if you are so upset with the changes maybe your best action is not to go back. However, this particular case and my personal experiences made me very happy for the changes so it may actually be more accurate to say that in this case - for everyone that chooses to not go because they disagree with the change there are 100 others who are happy with the change (or perhaps a portion happy and a portion ambivalent).

From the few replies on this thread there are a number people who are happy to see the FP times being enforced. So, if you are referring to this change and thinking that we are all unaware of missed quality I would have to say you're mistaken. If you are speaking in a number of issues that have built up resulting in your decision to not renew your AP you may be right but that is really a personal breaking point for you and I'm sure there are others who would have boycotted Disney much earlier than you and others who would let a few more things slide before they made that decision.

In my personal experience I found the FP changes either had no impact at all or made parts of my day much better. I am not missing any quality in my vacation so can't really be lumped into that group.

G00fyDad

It seems that you have to plan every move.

No you don't. Yes, it really is that simple. If someone does not want to use the xPass system then they have two other perfectly fine choices:

A) Don't use the new system and simply carry on about your day.
or
B) Don't go to the parks.

See? A Choice! :D This whole "either/or" crap needs to stop. I am going to be forced to use this system!!" No you're not. Don't use it. Disney isn't forcing me to use the transportation system even though it exists. And I'm not here telling people that I am being made to ride the busses.

G00fyDad

Just like most of yall complain about burnt out light bulbs and broken AAs and say how much the place has fallen apart in the past decade or so and still go

Don't lump me in with that bunch. I don't go to Disney looking for a chip in the paint. :rolleyes:

And I'm glad you have such great deductive reasoning skills to think that a simple decision about WDW equals what I do and dictate my life.

You're the one who said it. Not me. :rolleyes: And thanks for the compliment. :wave:

I don't know about you, but I have a life outside of Disney.:eek:

You're right about one thing. You don't know about me. Disney doesn't rule me. I just find it odd that you come on to a Disney forum talking smack about how you aren't going back over some trivial little issue. Just made me laugh, a little. :animwink:

Either way, I'm glad you're so happy about my decisions about what I plan on doing or not doing with my money.

Doesn't really bust me up one way or the other. Stay... go... doesn't matter much to me. The SS Narcissistic just left. Maybe you should get down off that cross, build a dingy, and catch up. :)

How many trips are you planning on taking this year to WDW?

None actually. We decided to spend the money on other things that were far more important to us than a vacation and that could not wait. Thanks for asking though. :wave:

Oh never mind, don't answer that because I don't care.

Then don't ask. I'm sure you have a backspace button. :rolleyes:

luv

LMAO :ROFLOL: When have I complained about this change? I welcomed it. ;) And what does your childish decision have to do with me? Not much, other than you maybe taking up one less spot in a line I happen to be in. Thanks for that by the way!! :wave: And I have plenty of common sense. I show it in that I do not allow something this petty to dictate my life. :rolleyes: Common sense should tell you that if you are too big of a child to handle the rules being enforced, you should have stayed home long ago. ;)

And if you are so upset by the way Disney handles its business, please... don't give them another dime. That'll show em. :D
Nobody said you didn't have common sense. Why do you persist in thinking it was about you?

And why do you have to name-call?

Geez.

G00fyDad

Nobody said you didn't have common sense. Why do you persist in thinking it was about you?

And why do you have to name-call?

Geez.

Because he said it to me. Geez, read the thread before typing. :rolleyes:

And who's name calling?? LOL

wdwfan100

It wasn't this way in March. The fastpass lines were just as long as the regular lines or so it seemed. I didn't get to ride splash mt. because of this. And to the op, yes they are still enforcing this new rule, and is the reason why I didn't go back this month and why I allowed my AP to expire with no plans to renew it.

Let me see if I understand this. Fast passes always had a return window. So really they are finally enforcing the originally intended rule. I say shame on Disney for not having always enforced it. In all honesty, I have never considered trying to use a fastpass outside the window. How does anyone see that window and still assume that they should be able to return when ever it suites them? So as a result of a rule being enforced, you are going to drop your AP? Excuse me for saying this but, It seems like you are trying to make yourself out to be a victem because Disney found a need to enforce a rule that many people felt should not apply to them. Even when it was extremely obvious what was intended by the return time window.

the-reason14

No you don't. Yes, it really is that simple. If someone does not want to use the xPass system then they have two other perfectly fine choices:

or

See? A Choice! :D This whole "either/or" crap needs to stop. I am going to be forced to use this system!!" No you're not. Don't use it. Disney isn't forcing me to use the transportation system even though it exists. And I'm not here telling people that I am being made to ride the busses.

Sooner or later I think everyone will have to use the new system to reap the benefits of their trip. Imagine not using fastpass at all, most rides would not be available to most people. So no, you don't have to, but if you want to ride a lot of rides and not waste time in line then you kinda do.

the-reason14

I agree that if you are so upset with the changes maybe your best action is not to go back. However, this particular case and my personal experiences made me very happy for the changes so it may actually be more accurate to say that in this case - for everyone that chooses to not go because they disagree with the change there are 100 others who are happy with the change (or perhaps a portion happy and a portion ambivalent).

From the few replies on this thread there are a number people who are happy to see the FP times being enforced. So, if you are referring to this change and thinking that we are all unaware of missed quality I would have to say you're mistaken. If you are speaking in a number of issues that have built up resulting in your decision to not renew your AP you may be right but that is really a personal breaking point for you and I'm sure there are others who would have boycotted Disney much earlier than you and others who would let a few more things slide before they made that decision.

In my personal experience I found the FP changes either had no impact at all or made parts of my day much better. I am not missing any quality in my vacation so can't really be lumped into that group.

Sooner or later I think most people will probably be in a similar boat and realize it's really not worth it to possibly pay extra or even plan extra for this new fastpass+ to ride the same rides that haven't been upgraded or plussed in years. I think everyone will get to a point and see that they aren't adding new rides or shows, or lands or experiences to plus the fastpass options, but are instead adding them to rides and shows that don't need them. Imagine getting to a point where wanting to walk on SSE at night is impossible because of the fastpass+. Hypothetically you missed your time slot for that because maybe you were doing a ride that was actually worth fastpass, and now you want to ride it once before illuminations start but the line's backed up. Maybe it'll still be worth it to some. But then again maybe the decent will be fixed and people will stop bit....er complaining about that. I think one day, I'd be happy to jump on the micromanage my every second of my day plan so I can ride all my favs again, that is if they have a plethora of new experiences to add to that.

draybook

How does anyone see that window and still assume that they should be able to return when ever it suites them?

Well, when Disney employees, including managers encourage it, it's a hard offer to pass up. We followed the windows on our first trip in 08, and then I found out about using them late. We're fine with the new policy and will be following it.

Rowdy

or

See? A Choice! :D This whole "either/or" crap needs to stop. I am going to be forced to use this system!!" No you're not. Don't use it.

You're right. I'm an Annual Passholder and go 15+ times in a year, and I can't tell you the last time I've even used a Fastpass. I get everything I want to do done in stand by lines. So, there's really no excuse for people to feel like they have to use xPass.

I_heart_Tigger

Sooner or later I think most people will probably be in a similar boat and realize it's really not worth it to possibly pay extra or even plan extra for this new fastpass+ to ride the same rides that haven't been upgraded or plussed in years. I think everyone will get to a point and see that they aren't adding new rides or shows, or lands or experiences to plus the fastpass options, but are instead adding them to rides and shows that don't need them. Imagine getting to a point where wanting to walk on SSE at night is impossible because of the fastpass+. Hypothetically you missed your time slot for that because maybe you were doing a ride that was actually worth fastpass, and now you want to ride it once before illuminations start but the line's backed up. Maybe it'll still be worth it to some. But then again maybe the decent will be fixed and people will stop bit....er complaining about that. I think one day, I'd be happy to jump on the micromanage my every second of my day plan so I can ride all my favs again, that is if they have a plethora of new experiences to add to that.

Honestly I really can't comment on how I feel about FP+. I try not to get myself worked up over what seems like a lot of assumptions and conjecture at this point (not saying you are "worked up" but that some people are extremely for or against something they haven't tried yet). I would rather wait and see how the changes actually affect my day and see how I feel about it then.

I am someone who usually visits once or twice a year (which being from Canada seems like a lot to some people) and while I notice and have made comments on some things that I found missing or incomplete (Spash Mountain attraction resulted in a few guest service comments from me) I don't notice every burnt out bulb or chip of paint simply because I tend to be more of a big picture person.

People that are detail oriented could go crazy in a park each day but that's not me - nor anyone that I have traveled with over the years (thank goodness...I don;t think my style would mesh with theirs) :lol: I, also would like to have a better descent on SSE (it actually hurts my head a bit, too - I wouldn't mind a bit of padding there) but I still come out of the attraction feeling happy that I saw it.

Like I said before, I don't think anyone can tell you your decision to not renew your AP is the right or wrong one but if I had to give you any advice. Don't renew - wait until some of the major changes are done and go visit for two days. Spend one day making plans and see if you can get any enjoyment out of ADR's followed by FP+ times. The next day - don't plan any ADR's or FP+ times and see how you fare. You may find that there is actually a middle ground that can work with your traveling style. It may even prove to be AP worthy again.

As much as everyone on here seems to think they know exactly how long every line will be (standby and FP) and how each day will go in reality there may be some instances that surprise you. It's worth a shot, isn't it? :shrug:

cornandacobb

What they should do (and should have always done) with the FP system is let you pick your FP return time.
They do it hourly. We know there are a limited # of FPs for each hour. They should let you pick the hour you want to return. When the hour is "sold out" it is not longer available.
I guess the drawback would be for people who arrive at the parks later in the day.
Maybe there would be other problems I am not thinking of right now.

This is one thing that's been annoying me about Disney lately. It seems that you have to plan every move. You have to make appointments to ride rides, to eat, etc. I'm on vacation. I deal with schedules and appointments back home, I don't want to be doing it on vacation. Not a knock on some of you guys that make spreadsheets and plan every minute, but that's not for me. I get to the parks at rope drop to beat the crowds and wing it afterwards. Since I drive it's easy for me to eat off 192. I've eaten at some of the Disney restaurants, but just haven't been overly impressed to justify the high price for the food. I enjoy the rides and family time and that's why I go, but I don't like this much planning. Honestly they should do away with fastpass. Those of use that have been going fora while know how to work it and will figure how to work it the new one, but to the family that's never been there and spends have their trip with their faces buried in a map it's not fair to them.

It is totally up to the guest how much planning they do. No one is forced to use Fast Passes, or to make ADRs. And many people don't and still manage to have great vacations. I don't buy the whole "Disney is forcing me to do this and that" complaint.

And I'm not sure how you haven't heard this yet, but life is not fair. If family A decides to spend a few grand on a vacation but can't be bothered to do any research, that is their choice. Family B shouldn't be punished for family A's lack of planning. Saying they shouldn't offer Fast Passes because some people don't bother to read about them makes as much sense as saying they shouldn't offer ADRs at all, because some people can't be bothered to learn about them.

G00fyDad

It is totally up to the guest how much planning they do. No one is forced to use Fast Passes, or to make ADRs. And many people don't and still manage to have great vacations. I don't buy the whole "Disney is forcing me to do this and that" complaint.

And I'm not sure how you haven't heard this yet, but life is not fair. If family A decides to spend a few grand on a vacation but can't be bothered to do any research, that is their choice. Family B shouldn't be punished for family A's lack of planning. Saying they shouldn't offer Fast Passes because some people don't bother to read about them makes as much sense as saying they shouldn't offer ADRs at all, because some people can't be bothered to learn about them.

^^ THIS ^^ Amen!! I have gone during different times of the year, though admittedly it has mostly been in the Fall, but I have made trips with zero ADRs and have had a wonderful, unrestricted time. I got seatings at TS spots with no issues, ect... Using, or not using, the new (or old) FP system is not going to put a bent crank into anyone vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom