Are they really gonna build the new snow white ride?

_Scar

It's actually not as small as it seems. For instance, take the show building that houses Pooh and whatever is next to Pooh (Snow White?), see how small it looks in the pic? It could easily be dropped right into the spot where the mine ride will go.

It's perspective.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Also, the Dumbo spinner out in front will have been moved to its new spot, so its possible they could expand out in that direction a bit.

boufa

I'm a little surprised that there looks to be no sign of it yet. Of course a) I am not am imagineer, or an engineering of any kind. B) I realize that it will be phased openings and it is not in the initial phases. c) Florida construction times are much shorter than up here in the north.

Is this coaster going to be a clone of a DL ride? I wonder, in another thread someone said that all the FLE stuff was DL clones and suggested the entire project was a waste... (you just can't make some people happy.)

Lee

Adventurer
Is this coaster going to be a clone of a DL ride? I wonder, in another thread someone said that all the FLE stuff was DL clones and suggested the entire project was a waste... (you just can't make some people happy.)

No, the Dwarf Mine Ride is an original design, not a clone of any existing ride.
The only "clone" of the FLE is Mermaid.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm a little surprised that there looks to be no sign of it yet. Of course a) I am not am imagineer, or an engineering of any kind. B) I realize that it will be phased openings and it is not in the initial phases. c) Florida construction times are much shorter than up here in the north.

From what I remember the Snow White attraction will be part of the final phase of construction for the FLE. It would not surprise me one bit if not a single shovel of dirt is moved until at least phase 1 is open. Also projects of this magnitude are always in flux. Not working on it until the last moment keeps their options open. Changing something on paper is considerably easier than doing it in the real world.

Jakester

Plus, the area for this ride is currently inuse for construction. I dont expect to see construction for a year or so.
Also, They might still be tweaking out the bugs and trying to get the final product.

Buried20KLeague

Seems to me that the building of the new SW coaster will be VERY VERY difficult to say the least... It looks as if it'll take place on an island in the middle of a very busy MK.

Makes me wonder if it'll ever happen, honestly. And if it does, it will happen VERY slowly, because of that access issue. I bet it's 4 or 5 years away, if it actually happens.

WorldKey

I am by no means an expert nor do I have any insider info (and I will probably get slammed everywhich way about my comments!) but we all know that Disney is known for 'reusing' ride vehicle designs (Indy at DL/Dinosaur at WDW). I have a 'feeling' that if it is built the Dwarfs Mine Rollercoaster (or whatever the final name is) may be something very similar to the Crush rollercoaster in DL Paris. It has a fairly small footprint and all they would need to do is make the vehicles look like a mine car and then theme the ride with the Dwarfs mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdxJuaJAO88&feature=related

Again - just my thoughts. Discuss....

Buried20KLeague

I am by no means an expert nor do I have any insider info (and I will probably get slammed everywhich way about my comments!) but we all know that Disney is known for 'reusing' ride vehicle designs (Indy at DL/Dinosaur at WDW). I have a 'feeling' that if it is built the Dwarfs Mine Rollercoaster (or whatever the final name is) may be something very similar to the Crush rollercoaster in DL Paris. It has a fairly small footprint and all they would need to do is make the vehicles look like a mine car and then theme the ride with the Dwarfs mine.

The description of the ride vehicles by those "in the know" were pretty specific to say they were unique. Like a baby carriage on a track, in that there would be swinging side-to-side motion. Freely swinging, I took it. Not programmed. Although I also seem to remember seeing somewhere that this vehicle is proving more problematic than they thought it would be.

Also, by what was described... Crush's Coaster, even with it's mild nature, would still be more "wild" than what this Snow White coaster is supposed to be.

It was said to be more like a dark ride than coaster... Just that the coaster was the way to tell the story because of the whole mine train thing. Something along the lines of the Barnstormer with a few show scenes.

Enchantâmes

Of course its going to happen... Just because they haven't started construction on it yet doesn't mean its not going to be built, I mean it was just announced this year... It took them a good 2-3 years to begin construction on TLM: Ariel's Undersea Adventure at DCA after they announced it.

It is called Patience people, hopefully some Americans still have it. :lookaroun

Tim_4

No, the Dwarf Mine Ride is an original design, not a clone of any existing ride.

It's a VERY original design. So very original that the ride technology has never been done before.

Hint hint. The ride technology STILL doesn't exist. There's a very real chance that the physics of this thing don't work out and the Imagineers have to start from scratch.

aTangledBeauty

Of course its going to happen... Just because they haven't started construction on it yet doesn't mean its not going to be built, I mean it was just announced this year... It took them a good 2-3 years to begin construction on TLM: Ariel's Undersea Adventure at DCA after they announced it.

It is called Patience people, hopefully some Americans still have it. :lookaroun

We were just wondering because we haven't heard much news about the expansion lately and were making sure it was still in the plans. We have plenty of patience, but lots of curiosity :animwink:

Unplugged

One thing many people forget (and I'm not referring to any folks on this thread) is that as with any attraction, most hard components are built off site in construction or engineering facilities. Track is bent and welded often by computer), fiberglass is cast and painted, animatronics are built and programmed. Thus, a vast majority of the attraction must be built well before we'll see anything such as a show building rise. The physical buildings don't take long at all. It's the attention to detail that does. So, throw the building up at the last second, ship in and install the parts while simultaneously detail & landscape.

Considering the rumors of vehicle design complexities and the volume of construction in place for the earlier projects (those being built now were further into the design phase I'm sure), there isn't room on site to squeeze in this project yet. Once they begin to clear some of the equipment as the external work begins to wrap up, there will be more space to start this attraction. If we look at the artists conceptions, I can see where the current walls in front of Pooh will have to come much closer to Pooh (and others) to allow for the construction of the Mine. So, if the other FLE work is further along or close to opening, people can be re-routed or simply have more space to walk through other paths. This will be a must during the holidays and next summer.

I'm not an insider on the project, but from a construction/engineering/common sense perspective, this seems to align with what most of you insiders are saying.

Tim_4

One thing many people forget (and I'm not referring to any folks on this thread) is that as with any attraction, most hard components are built off site in construction or engineering facilities. Track is bent and welded often by computer), fiberglass is cast and painted, animatronics are built and programmed. Thus, a vast majority of the attraction must be built well before we'll see anything such as a show building rise. The physical buildings don't take long at all. It's the attention to detail that does. So, throw the building up at the last second, ship in and install the parts while simultaneously detail & landscape.

Considering the rumors of vehicle design complexities and the volume of construction in place for the earlier projects (those being built now were further into the design phase I'm sure), there isn't room on site to squeeze in this project yet. Once they begin to clear some of the equipment as the external work begins to wrap up, there will be more space to start this attraction. If we look at the artists conceptions, I can see where the current walls in front of Pooh will have to come much closer to Pooh (and others) to allow for the construction of the Mine. So, if the other FLE work is further along or close to opening, people can be re-routed or simply have more space to walk through other paths. This will be a must during the holidays and next summer.

I'm not an insider on the project, but from a construction/engineering/common sense perspective, this seems to align with what most of you insiders are saying.

You're partially correct. While assembly of certain components will likely be done off-site, the fact is that this is not happening yet. The new, innovative vehicle design is extremely complicated. The designs are complete but prototypes and testing are not.

Lee

Adventurer
You're partially correct. While assembly of certain components will likely be done off-site, the fact is that this is not happening yet. The new, innovative vehicle design is extremely complicated. The designs are complete but prototypes and testing are not.

Agreed.
I do hear there are some very nice mock-ups of the cars in Glendale...of course they are made of styrofoam.

Tim_4

Agreed.
I do hear there are some very nice mock-ups of the cars in Glendale...of course they are made of styrofoam.

To be clear, if the mine train never comes to fruition, it will be because the Imagineers (the technical ones, not the creative ones) couldn't get the technology to work, not because the "pencil pushers" in Burbank and/or TDO were too cheap to green light it.

MickeyPeace

Interesting to see this video. I've never seen the Crush Coaster. The obvious similarities are the indoor/outdoor show scenes, coaster track with cars that swing (this case side to side), mildly thrilling.

I could see the idea for SW evolve from this. Thanks for sharing.

Lee

Adventurer
To be clear, if the mine train never comes to fruition, it will be because the Imagineers (the technical ones, not the creative ones) couldn't get the technology to work, not because the "pencil pushers" in Burbank and/or TDO were too cheap to green light it.

Entirely true.
It'll be interesting to see how much of a spotlight that ride gets at D23. If a lot, that would bode well for it. If not...they better think ip something new for MK and Shanghai with some haste...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom