Are They Painting the Odyssey Building?

LuckyFin24

They still use the building. The Odyssey is where they told us to go for our Grand Gathering, the International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception. Which is in three weeks from today, yay!

venooch333

What kind of food was served there when it was open or was it just the usual burgers:confused: also was there a show on in there like in starlight rays?? Thanx :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What kind of food was served there when it was open or was it just the usual burgers:confused: also was there a show on in there like in starlight rays?? Thanx :)
From Birnbaum 1992:

Burgers, Hot Dogs, platters of chicken, tuna and ambrosia salads. Freshly baked pies are a special treat. Lunch, Dinner, Snacks.

We also had a lovely breakfast there in 1987. The tallest section facing the lagoon was a stage area. Have a look in my photo album for pics; the video is in my Futureworld 1990 vid at MouseBits. There`d be a meet'n'greet after the short show; typically 11am, 12noon and 4pm.

Such a relaxing place to eat.

juan

There is a cast cafeteria in the back, custodial offices in the back also. The kitchen is used for special events and outdoor foods (they cook pretzels and turkey legs).
The front part is used for special events, and while it doesn't seem busy, it is used many times a week.

The restaurant went out of quick service because it was taking away business from Electric Umbrella -- which is where Disney wanted the focus to be. And Disney had no other place to cook food for special events without resorting to catering.

Interesting tidbit, the building has probably the most restrooms per area. There are 4 sets in total!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The restaurant went out of quick service because it was taking away business from Electric Umbrella...
Very interesting. Let`s hope now with Pure and Simple, Pasta Piazza Ristorante and now Fountain view closed management see fit to refurb and reopen it to the paying day guest.

Epcot82Guy

Yes. With Pure & Simple shuttered now and EU run amock most times during most days, I would be surprised if something didn't open back up. FW could use another food draw, especially on the side. At this point, I would actually rather see a new facade on Odyssey and official renaming plaque as an events pavilion and WoL getting a revamp with a new restaurant local, but we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom