Are these props for beastly kingdom I Found??

Testtrack321

It might have been in the Secrest of Animal Kingdom book (title?). But I'll look for it in my other ones.

I'll try to get it up here ASAP.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just a note: you're not supposed to post copyrighted materials (i.e. books) on here at all.....

Word of warning, steve will probably have to remove it to save his own rear end :)

TwilightRocker

quote:

"When AK first openned, it had a river excursion around the main island. On the trip around the island, you saw a dragon that was supposed to breathe fire. Maybe these props were made for the area surrounding that for decor.

Just a guess but it kinda makes sense seeing the pictures of the melting knights and the fireball kinght. I never got a chance to ride the boat because it closed shortly after the park opened.

Anyone have any clues? "

I remember that dragon. I went to AK when it first opened so I was able to ride the cruise but it wasn't a good ride. Pretty much no animals at all. That's probably why it closed. The dragon in the cruise breathed water not fire. It's quite possible that the knights were meant for that but they might be for the reign of fire coaster.

Bairstow

Originally posted by WDWKing
Rider, I'm no Imagineer, but I doubt disney would have props of dead people on the ground squished and burned, so they would probably rather have armor. Heck, they might not even use the reign of fire story. But who knows, not me. [/QUOTE

Don't be so certain. They've done it plenty of times before. Remember the highjacker in the Great Movie ride who is incinerated? Or an even better example, the skeletal pirate near the Jolly Roger in Pirates of the Caribbean impaled and stuck to the wall with a cutlass. Death and the means of death are not new concepts to Disney attractions, so it's quite feasable that these suits of armor were meant for all guests to see, not just CMs during the preview. Also, judging from the age of the other AK stuff on the site, such as the signs, I'm guessing that the armor was created for the opening of the park and designed long before Fire Mountain OR Dueling Dragons were conceived.

WDWKing

Original Poster
Hmmm, I guess if Beastly is ever going to be built we'll have to be pretty patient to find out the truth behind this armor.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Those props wern't on the river. What you saw then is what you see now, at least regarding the dragon in the cave. All it really was is a huge flame that shot out of a cave with some sound effects thrown in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not exactly correct, prior to opening, durring the Cast Member preview phase, there were props of armor and such, in the area of the Dragon Cave,

Dead Knights on the Bank, armor on spears near the water, all looking very similar to what the pictures showed.

These items, along with some other things found along the riverbank, all disapeared before the park opened to the public.

ToTBellHop

so...to sum everything up: we don't know. Judging from the location of those props in parking lots, they were never used. All those pictures really affirm is that disney has shown an interest in building a medieval land in the past...but we've know this for years, anyway.

disney_nutter

I just think that this thread is so cool. tHey most likely are from disney e have that there use to be stuff like around the dragon cave so u never know.

Imagineer Dave

Some of those props were originally planned for the outside of the cave on the river cruise and were even there for a short period of time but weren't approved a few months before Ak opened and were removed. I don't recall some of those props though being for the cave.

ToTBellHop

it will...~morphs into his JFK form~ I can guarantee by the end of the decade, we will have Beastlie Kingdomme open! ~morphs back to his normal, canine self~ Sorry...planets aligned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom