Are these props for beastly kingdom I Found??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by donaldduck1967
They are from IOA. Originally the manufactures of Dueling Dragons brought the idea to Disney first and Disney turned it down. They then went to IOA and we all know the rest of that story. Good move Disney

LOL how many times do we have to hear this story!! ;)

It's not true. Yes Disney have been looking at a dragon themed attraction, but it is NOT the Dueling Dragons . That attraction is just a nice B&M looping coaster x 2. Disney have a proper THEMED experience lined up for their Dragon attraction, including effects, animatronics, and NEW ride system :)

The story that the manufacturers went to Disney and they turned it down is just internet talk. Disney do not deal with B&M (who make Duelling Dragons)...PLUS B&M are only track manufacturers, they do not THEME attractions. So the whole "Disney turned it down" story just isnt really very accurate.
:)

bearboysnc

The cue for dueling Dragons is one of the best i've seen. The fixtures and detail is extremely well done. Too bad the area beneath the actual attraction isn't as nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by bearboysnc
The cue for dueling Dragons is one of the best i've seen. The fixtures and detail is extremely well done. Too bad the area beneath the actual attraction isn't as nice.

I agree - its just a shame that it comes to a halt the second you get on the ride. Once you board all elements of story and theme just stop. Thats why in my book its a nice coaster, but NOT a themed attraction, and certainly not a Disney class attraction :)

WDWsmith2001

disney quality attraction

There are so few "Disney quality" attractions outside of disney, I'm a big fan of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, a beautiful park which comes close, but if you want "Disney quality" you still have to go to Disney.

WDWKing

Original Poster
Well even if those melted armor props do go to a dragon ride in WDW, whenever you see 'em I just want you guys and girls to think of me. :D ;) :)

Rider

I think the river boat is most likely.

A) Reign of Fire is set in the future (no knights).
B) RIver boats had the dragon thing.
C) This company makes props, and they listed these as ones for Disney, which would really rule out IOA. The park builds the theme, not the coaster company.

WDWKing

Original Poster
Rider, I'm no Imagineer, but I doubt disney would have props of dead people on the ground squished and burned, so they would probably rather have armor. Heck, they might not even use the reign of fire story. But who knows, not me.

NowInc

They said they made the props for AK..that doesnt mean Disney used them...they may have changed their minds after seeing them...they may have also been props to show off concepts that they were THINKING about using....

DigitalDisney

Those props wern't on the river. What you saw then is what you see now, at least regarding the dragon in the cave. All it really was is a huge flame that shot out of a cave with some sound effects thrown in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

There wasn't anything as cool as the giant dinosaur that was by Dinoland USA way back in the day

adr315

I find this EXTREMELY interesting..... I for one, started to doubt the whole Reign of Fire tie in, when that one person (i forgot who) got the reply from Disney saying the place would be called Beastlie Kingdomme (Old English type spelling) which points it more in a medievel theme. I have a feeling those knights were made just for concept and never to be employed, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if some very similar looking knights show up at Beastlie....... The only one i thought was pretty disturbing was the one that had a spear running from his groin, out the top of his head.....Ouch

KGoofyB

Check out the bottom of this page created by one of the original River Cruise drivers:Dragon Rocks

If you look at the bottom under What Could Have Been..., it says this, "In the pre-opening days, my favorite thing to see on the river was the dragon rocks. At that time it included around pieces of knight's armor lying around the dragon's cave. Different pieces were torn, smashed, scotched all in a somewhat amusing way. But this was all removed.

"Yes, he seems unhappy to be awakened... must be because it looks like he's been working nights.""

I think this is where all of those props were created for.

donaldfan

Before Animal Kingdom opened, during cast previews, the cave you see on the right while crossing into Camp Minnie-Mickey, had a flame shoot out of it and there were two knights on spears. The knights were removed, along with the flame effect sometime before the park opened. The pictures on the website, don't look like the same armour that was if front of the cave. There was also and Iguanadon anamatronic on the river in front of Dino-Land. Before the park opened, he moved to back-stage, and the last time I saw him, all of his skin was removed behind the McDonald's restaurant (forget what it's really called).

McArcDes

While I was working at Imagineering in Orlando during the summer of 1998 I was talking to one of the other imagineers about the opening of Animal Kingdom and they told me that there was a Knight impaled on a pike on the river ride. It was only there before the park opened during Cast previews and removed before the public opening.

woofboy111

These knights may have been used for disney at one time, but Universal's also a possiblilty. The only thing that justifys me for saying this, is look at the sheilds. Red and Blue...Fire and Ice dragon. On dueling dragons there are frozen knights, but you don't really see any burnt knights. There is just some armor cememted into the wall that looks a lot like the first picture of the splattered knight. If they didn't say AK on them, I would think they were from Dueling dragons, but the only thing thats different is the shape of the helmets. On Dueling Dragons, they are not pointed like that.

woofboy111

Then again, if you look at the other stuff that this company makes, almost all of it is for Disney, so it probably is for Animal Kindowm.

Testtrack321

In concept images of the cave I have seen in books, there are aromor sticking around, but these look a lot friekier than the ones in the book...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom