Are there really that many vloggers at the parks?

NickPytlinski

I’ve never even heard of her, I love that ATW has gone back to primarily travel vlogs though, that’s where he truly shines.

Most of the vloggers I watch are old timers like Freshbaked, ATW, the Trackers, Pete, etc… I think the only recent vlogger I’ve added to my regular viewing schedule is PC Dev and that’s because his vlogs were so positive during Covid, when the world was dark and gloomy he was always smiling and positive, he’s kind of soured on Disney recently but the rest of his videos are still uplifting. (I’m aware of his apartment controversy but one wrong doesn’t doom him in my book).

spill the tea on the apartment controversary?

alphac2005

We're local and visit the parks weekly. Hardly a time passes where we don't t see vloggers in the parks. Some of them are absolutely obnoxious vlogging without a care as it pertains to where they are walking, how loud they are, how they act like they own the place, etc. We were walking from the MK the Grand Floridian many months back and this vlogger was just scream talking and doing his whole little act, which seemed to be never ending, and I did turn around being snarky and said aloud "If the guy behind us talking to himself could please shut up because he's being incredibly annoying." He did quiet down some and slowed down giving us more space between us and him.

We see Resorttv1 roaming around the parks a lot, but they keep quiet and don't put on an act and show. Paging Mr. Morrow was filming by The American Adventure one day doing his whole act and he almost walked right into my son with his broken leg in a wheelchair and my wife because he had no care in the world to be paying attention to anyone around him. We somehow see him plenty and he's super obnoxious and loud when in a group, but quiet when not. We were at events and ran into Adam the Woo and Jacob the Carpetbagger a few times over the years and those two guys couldn't have been any kinder if they tried.

@allknowingeye, I'm with you when it comes to the creepy streaming where you're just in many times unknowingly being broadcast to the world. It's a whole different thing than just being in someone's random pic or video. Unfortunately, that's a personal argument and not a legal argument whether they have the right to do that. As long as Disney permits them to film on property, it's not violating their terms and conditions and you cede privacy rights per their terms and conditions with filming when entering the property, which includes third parties, even though it's annoying to say the least. Even if they had a policy to stop someone with a Gimbal, they'd just then hold the device by hand. Everyone uses a phone and films (or takes pics), so enforcement is seemingly impossible. The bottom line is that Disney isn't concerned about your experience as a guest because they'll keep taking the free advertisements that these people provide for them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Paging Mr. Morrow was filming by The American Adventure one day doing his whole act and he almost walked right into my son with his broken leg in a wheelchair and my wife because he had no care in the world to be paying attention to anyone around him
This applies to a lot of guests at WDW.

spock8113

I love this thread. Personally, I've been vlogging since the invention of the home movie camera. Got some great "historic saving for posterity" footage. Posterity could care less. Disney vlogging is a way to make easy money on YouTube. I've watched a few vloggers regularly and I find their content is much more interesting when it is about anything OTHER than Disney. There's just so much more to see in the US alone that has more significance and historic value than Uncle Orville (Saw Carousel of Progress at the 1964 Worlds Fair).

mf1972

the only time i recall seeing a vlogger awhile back was at epcot. i didn’t know who he was but we couldn’t shake him while going from china to japan. as much as we tried, he was always there. i didn’t know who he was. he always had the camera on himself, but he was oblivious to anyone around him. most people were trying to get out of his way. thankfully my wife took her time in the japanese gift shop & we were finally able to lose him. if i ever bump into a vlogger again, i wouldn’t mind saying hello to pcdev or the gang from allears.

Jimmy Thick

Vlogging will be allowed until Disney see that they themselves can make money from it. Then they will get rid of all vloggers with DMCA takedowns over the music used through out their theme parks. Happens with anime all the time. There will be drama online about it which will be fun to watch. People will say the vloggers are giving Disney free advertising even though the parks were packed long before vlogging, like Disney needs them, ROTFL!!!

As for seeing people talking into their phones at the parks, as long as it don't bother me or interrupts whatever I'm doing I could care less. I'm there to enjoy myself to each their own.

Jimmy Thick- A stronger loving world...

MickeyLuv'r

Why do you think a complete random stranger would spend 10 minutes filming a complete random stranger?
Not WDW, but sadly, we had this guy in our neighborhood. Even worse, he used to hang out at the school bus stop every day.

When the police were finally contacted, they dismissed his actions.

Luckily, the school saw the situation differently.

Prince-1

Not WDW, but sadly, we had this guy in our neighborhood. Even worse, he used to hang out at the school bus stop every day.

When the police were finally contacted, they dismissed his actions.

Luckily, the school saw the situation differently.

Oh I know there are creepy morons out in the world especially when it comes to kids but I don't believe a vlogger would be filming a random guy in MK for 10 minutes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh I know there are creepy morons out in the world especially when it comes to kids but I don't believe a vlogger would be filming a random guy in MK for 10 minutes.

Yeah, if someone is intentionally filming a stranger in the parks for extended period of time, they probably aren't a vlogger.

tnemgif

Some of these vloggers seem completely obnoxious. There are a few that pop into my social feeds who are constantly yelling through rides, running into people, and just being plain rude.

However, there are some that seem totally respectful (timtracker) as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom