Are there really that many vloggers at the parks?

Kamikaze

I don't like being filmed but that's not the real problem. It's the fake enthusiasm that gets to me. You will be hard pressed to convince me it's genuine.

Now if Eeyore were a vulgger I would subscribe. Backside of magic would come pretty close.
Go watch FreshBaked and tell me Dave isn't 100% genuine. I dare you.

Wilbret

We recently started watching a few video bloggers on YouTube. At first it was to see rides we haven’t rode yet but it then turned into non intentional comic theater. These people have zero self awareness and man it is funny. Funny to the point that we made word bingo cards to play with the videos. The one thing we noticed is that bloggers meets up with other bloggers during videos and you see all of them doing their own shows.

My question is are there really that many at the parks on a given day? In the videos it certainly looks like there are bottlenecks in areas with bloggers. Like the old smoking areas for cigarette use.

I am only using my DVC points for home stays until we can get AP’s again but I am now wondering if the local attention seekers are part of the reason for the stop in AP distribution?

Seriously, it seems like these sources of entertainment are like the mallrats of the late 80’s. Is there a gang of misfits at Walt Disney?
I won't lie, when we see one, one of my kids and I always immediately start acting like we are also shooting a vlog. Camera at arm's length, saying stupid and obvious stuff to it. LOL. We've met a couple in person and actually hung out at big events like NYE, and they have been cool. I can't blame someone for trying to make a dollar riding roller coasters and eating churros. What a life!

I am still allowed to laugh when I see them ignore everything around them and live thru a lens at arms length.

Kamikaze

Because they take a break from watching me to babble like idiots into the camera themselves. Cast Members in the area also took notice of their activities.
I don't know what that proves, people have been talking into their cameras since portable video recording became a thing in the 1960s.

Wilbret

Its not so much the vloggers that are the problem day to day. Its the tic toc wanna be trendy people that are somewhat of a nuisance.
LOL, yes! I love seeing girls randomly posing in 100 different ways trying to show off their, um, whatevers... to post. Have seen it all over at all of the parks, but the prize goes to these girls at a resort pool that were wearing south beach attire and brought out a giant speaker and a stand with a ring light. They were posing on their chairs with raunchy music playing and moved over to a shower and filmed there, and other various places. I had to be 'that guy' and contact security, who came and made them shut it down. They were MAAAAAAD. I surely didn't want to confront them myself, because I would have been recorded and posted to social media.

Tom Morrow

I probably encounter at least one vlogger every visit, though I'd wager the vast majority of them are talking to a very small crowd. They're all trying to be the next TimTracker and perhaps not aware of what a VERY oversaturated market it is. Also, every one of them thinks their own personality and take on visiting the parks is somehow unique, but they aren't.

The fake enthusiasm and showing up to every new thing are the most annoying things to me. Disney could open a refurbished bathroom and hundreds of these guys will show up to film it. As long as they don't talk over attraction experiences it isn't really that big of a problem though. Also, filming themselves eating. I don't know why they ALL do this and think anyone wants to watch it.

I think, slightly more annoying, are the live streamers. I don't want to be in your live stream, and I know I won't be edited out.

Kamikaze

Implausible?

Is this your first day in the United States? Want me to take you on a tour of the Statue of Liberty or independence hall?

…or we can keep it simple and I can show you a Star Wars movie prior to 2015 for a real slice of Americana? 🥧
So its your professional opinion that it is in the realm of possibility that the following happens at a Disney park:

1) Someone puts a turkey leg in your hand.
2) They take your picture.
3) They tell you that you have to pay $10 because they did this for you.

All without you asking for any of it?

You think thats whats going to happen, really?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I probably encounter at least one vlogger every visit, though I'd wager the vast majority of them are talking to a very small crowd. They're all trying to be the next TimTracker and perhaps not aware of what a VERY oversaturated market it is. Also, every one of them thinks their own personality and take on visiting the parks is somehow unique, but they aren't.

The fake enthusiasm and showing up to every new thing are the most annoying things to me. Disney could open a refurbished bathroom and hundreds of these guys will show up to film it. As long as they don't talk over attraction experiences it isn't really that big of a problem though. Also, filming themselves eating. I don't know why they ALL do this and think anyone wants to watch it.

I think, slightly more annoying, are the live streamers. I don't want to be in your live stream, and I know I won't be edited out.
They are tedious…for sure. Late comers Fo the game.

My kids watch the Trakkers from time to time and I have to give them credit for their niche.
But the people don’t need “more” of that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So its your professional opinion that it is in the realm of possibility that the following happens at a Disney park:

1) Someone puts a turkey leg in your hand.
2) They take your picture.
3) They tell you that you have to pay $10 because they did this for you.

All without you asking for any of it?

You think thats whats going to happen, really?
I have just learned over the years to NEVER discount anything.
I think of more concern is the possibility vloggers stating to claim “proprietary ownership” of their videos and Disney using their fleet of JDs to nixe them all at once…especially if they can use it for some type of purpose themselves.

Disney is ok with a lot of things…until they’re not one day. Recent DVC is a great example of that.

Kamikaze

I have just learned over the years to NEVER discount anything.
I think of more concern is the possibility vloggers stating to claim “proprietary ownership” of their videos and Disney using their fleet of JDs to nixe them all at once…especially if they can use it for some type of purpose themselves.

Disney is ok with a lot of things…until they’re not one day. Recent DVC is a great example of that.
But they're already owners of the videos they create ...

I'm really not sure what your point is with this whole thing.

Tom Morrow

They are tedious…for sure. Late comers Fo the game.

My kids watch the Trakkers from time to time and I have to give them credit for their niche.
But the people don’t need “more” of that

For me the worst offender out of the big names is SuperEnthused. Her channel began as focusing on "hidden gems" and lesser known destinations. Then she flirted with AdamTheWoo to get him to feature her in a few of his videos. Her channel blew up from that, and next think you know she's a lifelong Disney Park fanatic who's just sooo excited about every new thing Disney does. If all these people actually, genuinely liked the parks it wouldn't be so bad, but most do not and are just faking it.

I will forever support ATW, however. His content, aside from a few dumb things he did in his early years, is always fun and interesting and Disney parks are only a fraction of his overall content. Even then, he at least actually always had a love for the parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But they're already owners of the videos they create ...

I'm really not sure what your point is with this whole thing.
Never speak in absolutes. Which is a basic rule.

The vloggers “own” their videos until they ad a line on the ticket disclaimer that images owned by TWDC are not for public distribution. Then it’s Orange County…bingo…ballgame.

They have tolerated it for free PR until now…it made sense…but never say never.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me the worst offender out of the big names is SuperEnthused. Her channel began as focusing on "hidden gems" and lesser known destinations. Then she flirted with AdamTheWoo to get him to feature her in a few of his videos. Her channel blew up from that, and next think you know she's a lifelong Disney Park fanatic who's just sooo excited about every new thing Disney does. If all these people actually, genuinely liked the parks it wouldn't be so bad, but most do not and are just faking it.

I will forever support ATW, however. His content, aside from a few dumb things he did in his early years, is always fun and interesting and Disney parks are only a fraction of his overall content. Even then, he at least actually always had a love for the parks.
My take away from limited exposure is every single one has a look/moment of sheer terror in each video…it’s a guarantee. I believe it’s the “god…I have to make money off this!!” Moment. JT looks like she’s gonna vom when it hits.

I like the vloggers that do historical takes (pretty obvious)…I also really enjoy the DFB because I feel like it’s not ripped straight from birnbaums

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Because they take a break from watching me to babble like idiots into the camera themselves. Cast Members in the area also took notice of their activities.

So did this blogger follow you each time you went somewhere else, or were you both stopped in the same spot and you just happened to be in their shot? If they were following you, then that is strange since it implies they know something about you and are intentionally targeting you. Not really sure what a vlogger would have to gain by doing that.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve never even heard of her, I love that ATW has gone back to primarily travel vlogs though, that’s where he truly shines.

Most of the vloggers I watch are old timers like Freshbaked, ATW, the Trackers, Pete, etc… I think the only recent vlogger I’ve added to my regular viewing schedule is PC Dev and that’s because his vlogs were so positive during Covid, when the world was dark and gloomy he was always smiling and positive, he’s kind of soured on Disney recently but the rest of his videos are still uplifting. (I’m aware of his apartment controversy but one wrong doesn’t doom him in my book).

NickPytlinski

Of all the things that didn't happen, this probably didn't happen the most.

lol made me laugh this.

i like vloggers, they don't offend me, give me info and insights into the parks when i cant get to the parks. (i live in the UK)
i tend to go yearly for 2 weeks for the past 10 years, i have only seen 1 vlogger, we were in the background in a restaurant, searched youtube for it but couldn't find their vid or who the vlogger even was - it didn't bother me, it was a bit of fun to be honest.
Haven't seen any of the others when in the parks though. But i sub to most of the popular ones.
Its like reality TV show for me.
Chill out, they are in the parks 99% of their life, having fun. making a ton of money. I'm jealous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom