Are there any rumors about Innoventions West?

azox

Original Poster
Does anyone have any rumors about what is going on in the innoventions west area? I was so shocked to see the whole area just blocked off. Does anyone have behind the wall photos?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does anyone have any rumors about what is going on in the innoventions west area? I was so shocked to see the whole area just blocked off. Does anyone have behind the wall photos?
It is slowly transforming into meet and greet space. BayMax and Joy and Sadness are occupying a fairly large chunk of space.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ng-at-newly-expanded-epcot-character-spot.htm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...et-with-joy-and-sadness-now-open-at-epcot.htm

azox

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I was hoping a real attraction was in the works for the area vs just meet and greet. Hopefully they are working on something else too :)

ToTBellHop

Bolt

Seriously? Like a complete tear down or squeezing something into the existing footprint?
Found the concept art:
image.png

Brad Bishop

I was never much of a fan of Innoventions or Communicore but I understand others really liked them. That being said, turning it into more M&G areas is just solidifying the idea that "Disney has given up but will still charge more" in my head.

There was a time when they tried.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
In the 'Iger mentions Epcot plans' thread it's mentioned that Inside Out and a Tron coaster are being discussed for Future World with hints one may replace Ellen and the other Innoventions.
I can't see Inside Out fitting in with the Universe of Energy (rather, a stepping stone to re-open Wonders of Life) unless the pavilion is totally re-themed, and how could a roller coaster possibly fit into either the UoE or Innoventions buildings?

Tavernacle12

I can't see Inside Out fitting in with the Universe of Energy (rather, a stepping stone to re-open Wonders of Life) unless the pavilion is totally re-themed, and how could a roller coaster possibly fit into either the UoE or Innoventions buildings?

Part of the rumor was demolishing Energy. There were a bunch of competing rumors, so bits and pieces of them may have gotten mixed but those were the two IPs noted most consistently.

UncleMike101

Ya know.......
Adding coasters, meet & greet character spots, and other amusement park "stuff" is proof that Walt's EPCOT is being raped and thrown into the gutter.
It was supposed to be a tribute to Walt's idea of a better future for everyone, illustrated by letting Disney's Imagineers run with ideas and concepts that can be developed through experimentation with the technology that we have now.
An Experimental, Prototype, Community, of Tomorrow.
Not another amusement park like the Magic Kingdom.
I hope Walt's spirit terrorizes every idiot in the Disney company that promotes such travesties.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm actually 100% on board with Innoventions West being used for Meet and Greet space. We're at a point where characters are expected in every park, and keeping them in a concentrated area works for me.
That's what character spot is for.

Not to shove them in even more space as a cheap and lazy way of putting something - anything - there since they won't do anything more suitable.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
My kids (8 and 6) love Epcot and aren't ever bored. They prefer the passports and talking to cast members around World Showcase than about anything else. Mind you, I'd love for Future World to get back to its purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom