Are the rumors surrounding the Star Wars Sequels being decanonized true? (An in-depth look)

Screamface

The Last Jedi is bad. It fails as a sequel to TFA. It fails as a sequel to the original trilogies. Yet it only succeeds because it is a Star Wars film. The films a take on Star Wars, about Star Wars, on its own if it wasn't Star Wars, about Star Wars it'd be looked at as a bad film. It's badly written, scenes and ideas don't flow. It mostly plays off of, "You know Star Wars, this is a take on that." Relying on your underlying knowledge of Star Wars and what happens in those films.

There's no grand vision or narrative to the film. It expands upon nothing of Star Wars or the story being told. It's just a bunch of ideas and rehasing tropes and plotlines but going in a different way than you think. As the film is so unoriginal you think you know exactly what is going to happen. Most of the ideas and themes are poorly executed and the film just outright tells you what the point of them was.

Do we see Holdo was right? Absolutely not. Does a character like Poe see she was right. Absolutely not. Yet the film just tells us she was. The film is full of stuff like that.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The Last Jedi is bad. It fails as a sequel to TFA. It fails as a sequel to the original trilogies. Yet it only succeeds because it is a Star Wars film. The films a take on Star Wars, about Star Wars, on its own if it wasn't Star Wars, about Star Wars it'd be looked at as a bad film. It's badly written, scenes and ideas don't flow. It mostly plays off of, "You know Star Wars, this is a take on that." Relying on your underlying knowledge of Star Wars and what happens in those films.

There's no grand vision or narrative to the film. It expands upon nothing of Star Wars or the story being told. It's just a bunch of ideas and rehasing tropes and plotlines but going in a different way than you think. As the film is so unoriginal you think you know exactly what is going to happen. Most of the ideas and themes are poorly executed and the film just outright tells you what the point of them was.

Do we see Holdo was right? Absolutely not. Does a character like Poe see she was right. Absolutely not. Yet the film just tells us she was. The film is full of stuff like that.
PERFECTLY SAID

Willmark

The plot, such that it is really didn’t have much to do with TFA in so much as it did a 180.

Then the times when the could have made a truly great choice? Example: Finn could have had a heroic death, it would have meant something. But nope Rian Johnson and his nonsensical plot strikes again.

Last Jedi is just bad, there is no sugar coating it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Re-reading the first post of this thread...

So... have they started production on a new sequel trilogy to replace the current one?

For that matter, a new prequel trilogy to replace Lucas's hated extension of the perfect original trilogy?

Although, come to think of it, fans have soured on Return of the Jedi. And they don't like the specialized version of A New Hope. And of course, Solo is thoroughly rejected by the fans.

So... have they started production on replacing all Star War movies except for The Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One? What insight does Overlord and WDWPro have for us?

Archie123

Lol, I agree the worst one comes from the prequel trilogy, but for me, Attack of the Clones is the one that is nearly unwatchable.

I disagree. Menace was pure trash except for the introduction of Darth Maul and a few scenes the movie was garbage. Lucas should of let people with a lot more talent than him execute his vision like they did with Episodes 5 and 6.

MickeyJedi

This has been a major discussion in the Star Wars community and is now making headlines.
I wonder what you guys think about this situation and if it is true?

Here's a little history if you want some:
YouTube creator Overlord DVD posted a video on June 17th of 2020 called: "Star Wars Leak | The Secret Plan to Save Star Wars"
(Link to video: )
This is an "update" to the previous leak that WDWPro on these forums talked about. It is considered as the "Lucasfilm Civil War" by fans. Overlord did make a video on this subject as well.
Continuing the previous subject, Doomcock talks about this "update." Instead of crediting the leaker (like he did before) he claimed it was his own insider.
He mentions there are three sides o this "civil war" when in the previous video he stated there was only two. he does have a message saying this all could be misinformation or fact but never exactly said take it with a grain of salt.
Anyways, this secret plan to "save Star Wars" can be dumbed down to decanonizing the recently-released Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.
Now this could sound plausible and it did at first (explained later). His source claims Faveru wants to remove the Sequel Trilogy from canon in order to "save Star Wars." He later goes on to say that in order to do this retcon they use something known as the veil of the force. If you are not familiar with this it is a major part of the final season of Star Wars Rebels. It is this "World between Worlds" which links time and space together through the force.
Doomcock claims that is the key to removing the Sequel Trilogy from canon.
Now this sounds interesting if this didn't contradict what has been previously said.
Overlord published a video discussing the Lucasfilm "Civil War" on May 12th of 2020 and almost everything he says goes against what he says now.
(Link to video: )
Now a huge part of this is that the info is different and just could be misinformation. Some words come from WDWPro, a verified source on this webpage, different words come from an unnamed source who I have not been able to find much credibility to because of many reasons (Explained later).
Now he did say information is coming from many sides of this "civil war" and the words of WDWPro could have been from a faction. Their source could have been from Faveru's side and not mentioning the decanonization could have been an effort to keep it quiet but I doubt that.
This source of Overlord has always gone unnamed and it is hard to tell if it is the same source everytime.
Now he has gotten leaks about The Rise of Skywalker right and claimed it was his source but if you were on the r/StarWarsLeaks subreddit late last year you'd notice the big main insiders talking about Episode 9 and leaking it left and right. So it is possible this source never existed and he just claimed info was his when it came from someone else (I have been researching into this but it is hard to find many leads there).
But then Overlord strikes back with another video called "Star Wars Leaks Reveal Exactly How the Sequel Trilogy Will Be ERASED" which was published on June 23rd.
(Video Link: )
He goes more in-depth on how the Sequels will be erased from canon which this is what led me to the conclusion this was all false.
The claim is that Palpatine survived Return of the Jedi by traveling through the veil of the force to Exogol after being thrown down the shaft by Darth Vader. Now this is a big problem because it doesn't line up with what the novel said.
Here is a quote from The Rise of Skywalker Official Novelization:

Falling ... Falling ... Falling ... down a massive shaft, the betrayal sharp and stinging, a figure high above, black clad and helmeted and shrinking fast. His very own apprentice had turned against him, the way he himself had turned against Plagueis ... whose secret to immortality he had stolen.

Plageuis had not acted fast enough in his own moment of death. But Sidious, sensing the flickering light in his apprentice, had been ready for years. So the falling, dying Emperor called on all the dark power of the Force to thrust his consciousness far, far away, to a secret place he had been preparing. His body was dead, an empty vessel, long before it found the bottom of the shaft, and his mind jolted to a new awareness in a new body -- a painful one, a temporary one.

Palpatine died in Episode 6 physically, he did not fast travel.
This is what led to my conclusion while not mentioning some industry insiders also calling the bluff.
Earlier today Jeremy Conrad on Twitter commented on this discussion with a simple "No they aren't."

If you aren't familiar with Overlord/ Doomcock here is a brief description:
He first joined YouTube on February 9th of 2017 and since then has gained over 170,000 subscribers. For the past few months he has been talking Star Wars information and recently a video that Disney is going bankrupt.

Yeah I'd call a bluff on this one and I'd recommend sharing this to spread the word on this.

Probably not. Personally I liked Force Awakens better then Last Jedi but the sequel trilogy was always going to difficult to produce.

Screamface

I disagree. Menace was pure trash except for the introduction of Darth Maul and a few scenes the movie was garbage. Lucas should of let people with a lot more talent than him execute his vision like they did with Episodes 5 and 6.

Last time I watch TPM was the 3D release in cinemas. I felt the good outweighed the bad and enjoyed it. ATOC, if you know which scenes to skip, it's enjoyable. Mainly the romance scenes.
Probably not. Personally I liked Force Awakens better then Last Jedi but the sequel trilogy was always going to difficult to produce.

The problem is they stuffed up whatever they started. For all the flaws of TFA, they were starting a trilogy. We know the next film came along and abandoned everything that was planned. Undid what they were setting up. Then did so with no thought about what comes after itself. Which is confirmed by the writer of that sequel. Then you have the people who started the trilogy come in with no time to write a new film, try and adapt the ideas they originally had, which had now been ruined into a film that incorporated both films.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of the newer ones, not the original trio, I gotta say Rouge One.

We need a bot to post these required memes...

1618364781832.png

;)

Ellen Ripley

Menace had, Qui-Gon, Maul, Amidala, all characters I very much loved. The final duel is maybe the best in all the trilogies. The soundtrack, the Duel of the Fates track is a favorite. Everything with the kid and Binks is terrible though.

Clones starts alright, but I can't think of anything I like about it. Even the concept of the clones being troopers that came from Jango, Fett's dad, is super lame. The way Obi-wan suggested it in Star Wars (IV, cough cough), It sounded to me like the jedi had cloned themselves. Or cloned some monsters.

Disorbust

If I am being honest really all the SW movies, besides the OGs and Rogue 1, have different levels of sucking, but they all suck. They lost me pretty much forever with the line a 3rd grader would write "Somehow Paladin is back". Although my guilty pleasure was the Rey/Klyo storyline but the teenage boy who was along when we went to TLJ was ed they turned it into a chick flick.

I LOVED the new Star Trek movies so I was thrilled with JJ Abrahms being the chosen one, what a huge disappointment.

They have rebooted the franchise twice and made a crapload of money but imagine if they would have given it the same level of love as the Marvel Universe

Willmark

Menace had, Qui-Gon, Maul, Amidala, all characters I very much loved. The final duel is maybe the best in all the trilogies. The soundtrack, the Duel of the Fates track is a favorite. Everything with the kid and Binks is terrible though.

Clones starts alright, but I can't think of anything I like about it. Even the concept of the clones being troopers that came from Jango, Fett's dad, is super lame. The way Obi-wan suggested it in Star Wars (IV, cough cough), It sounded to me like the jedi had cloned themselves. Or cloned some monsters.
The Jedi fight with Duel of Fates is the best one on screen in any of the movies.

While the “I have the high ground” crap of ROTS is meh, the fight between the two especially when both try to force push each other and neither can gain advantage is pretty cool. Probably the second best one on screen.

Attack of the “Clowns”? Ugh. Barely anything redeeming in that movie and why I rank it so low.

The Grand Inquisitor

The fact that Grand Admiral Thrawn was mentioned and seems to be leading the Empire shows the sequels are slowly being decanonized. Same with how Ashoka and Grogu being a part of Luke's new Jedi order.

Ellen Ripley

The fact that Grand Admiral Thrawn was mentioned and seems to be leading the Empire shows the sequels are slowly being decanonized. Same with how Ashoka and Grogu being a part of Luke's new Jedi order.

If they've kept Jar Jar in the canon, and they have, they're not decanonizing the sequels

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Um no its not. There is 30 years in between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens and the Mandalorian so far takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi. Lots of time to cover where we don't know what happened. and the fact they took Grogru's DNA hinted they were using it for Snoke/Palpatine clone project.

The Grand Inquisitor

Um no its not. There is 30 years in between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens and the Mandalorian so far takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi. Lots of time to cover where we don't know what happened. and the fact they took Grogru's DNA hinted they were using it for Snoke/Palpatine clone project.
Problem is they never mention Thrawn or Ashoka or Grogu in the sequels. Unless all three get killed off I think Jon and Dave are ignoring the sequels going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom