Are the "love bugs" out yet?

007mickey

Original Poster
We will be traveling down this week and wondered if those pesky boogers are out and about yet. I grew up in south Alabama and usually about May or June they can be out in full force and extremely messy on the car.

MissM

We had maybe six or eight smash into the windshield on the drive over to Orlando last weekend, so they're definitely around, though not yet in the mass numbers you can sometimes get. (Though of course, the numbers are still going up.)
-m

Yes they are...

We just flew home last night, we were there for the last 5 days, they "love bugs" were getting worse each day. By the time we left yesterday they were pretty "thick" near the quiet pool at SSR.

Have a great time anyway!

C&D

We've been back a little over a week. Yes, they are out but not to Biblical proportions, yet!:)

wannabeBelle

Hey there Is it really horrible down there now?? One year I was just grossed out by how many there were flying around!!!!! Thanks again for any information you can give. Belle

WelshBatman

It's not extremely bad yet, but as I write this I look out my window and there are at least 12 "couples" on the window and there's a swarm outside.

Texas84

They didn't seem that bad at the parks in early May, but my truck was a mess driving back to Georgia. Had to clean the windshield twice.

photoflight

We will be traveling down this week and wondered if those pesky boogers are out and about yet. I grew up in south Alabama and usually about May or June they can be out in full force and extremely messy on the car.

Yes, a few. I drove down to Orlando and back this morning, but only got a few little splats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom