Are Mickey and Minnie's Houses doomed?

el_super

But between that and the suspension of character meet-n-greets, are Mickey and Minnie's Houses also doomed to Yesterland as a result of the pandemic? I really hope not.

Probably not. People like meeting the characters. Even if they are gone initially due to social distancing, they will return when it is safe to do so.

mickEblu

The ToonTown houses aren’t going anywhere. They’re putting significant investment into the land. Why would they take away crucial landmarks???

But I guess we can write off the acorn ball pit permanently.

At a certain point its gotta get razed so they can build a path to GE. Maybe when they build the third ride or the new restaurant

mickEblu

Aside from Disney not having or wanting the spend the capital for new rides (that haven’t started construction) I wonder if it’ll be a while before we see anything new just because of the fact they know high demand will be just for the “old” stuff. I wonder how Many more years they assume they have until the need to build something new due to this fact alone. Humans adapt quickly though. 2-3 months after DL opens we ll all feel like they were never closed at all.

DLR is so packed with attractions they don’t ever really “need” to build anything new. Their thought process is probably just which IP can we get in the parks that we re not taking advantage of?

Stevek

There's no room for a ride. At best, they could just do an eatery, and even then it would not be very big.
Plenty of space if they take out the two maintenance/storage buildings they put next to toontown. Would likely be a smaller attraction but could make something work.

mickEblu

Plenty of space if they take out the two maintenance/storage buildings they put next to toontown. Would likely be a smaller attraction but could make something work.

There was a rumor floating around that early last year that after seeing the meh response to the land that Disney was considering a thrill ride (coaster) that would go in some expansion area in GE between Toontown and Smugglers Run. In addition to the new restaurant that was either greenlit at the time or close to being greenlit

MarvelCharacterNerd

Y'all, set the record straight and then move on.
Agreed, but it would also be to the benefit of the OP - and for the sake of anyone responding - to simply add a signature to the effect of:

"I am autistic, with anxiety/OCD issues. Please be patient and understand that I will take your responses literally. I may not understand when you are joking. Thanks."

It might cut at least some of the irritated responses who think the posts are trolling or don't get why their explanations are not understood or may have forgotten the specifics of this poster's needs.

Stevek

There was a rumor floating around that early last year that after seeing the meh response to the land that Disney was considering a thrill ride (coaster) that would go in some expansion area in GE between Toontown and Smugglers Run. In addition to the new restaurant that was either greenlit at the time or close to being greenlit
They could probably fit a boxy building like Rock & Rollercoaster back there, throw some rock on the facade and theme it to the long talked about (armchair imagineers), x wing vs tie fighter coaster.

VJ

I have the opposite problem. My posts are always serious and people treat them like a joke.
Sure Jan GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom