Are Disney execs looking at the success of cars land to create future projects on that scale?

vinnya1726

One can only hope and pray!!!!!!!

Just a thought, but maybe they are downgrading Avatarland because it got kind of lukewarm reception from many, like this forum - maybe others. Much of the lukewarm reception was because many thought they should be spending that money fixing up existing park problems. So, maybe they are taking some of that $$ and thinking about some DHS love. Maybe????
Sincerely,
Eternal Dreamer

MarkTwain

AK is not a half day park.
As an executive I would look at that 30% increase in attendance and try real real hard to copy that success.
How much would a 30% increase in attendance translate into added revenue?

I'm surprised they're not trying harder to capture dinnertime revenue by adding incentive to stay at night, as DHS has done. I don't know how many guests book a Fantasmic dinner package at DHS, but it must be a fortune. If AK were to offer some form of nighttime entertainment, a guest-limited nocturnal trail, or something along those lines, they could build several more table service restaurants and offer upcharged packages ensuring your place in them.

puntagordabob

I'm surprised they're not trying harder to capture dinnertime revenue by adding incentive to stay at night, as DHS has done. I don't know how many guests book a Fantasmic dinner package at DHS, but it must be a fortune. If AK were to offer some form of nighttime entertainment, a guest-limited nocturnal trail, or something along those lines, they could build several more table service restaurants and offer upcharged packages ensuring your place in them.

Question is: How to do the night time stuff w/o in any way disrupting the live animals who inhabit the park.......

twebber55

Just a thought, but maybe they are downgrading Avatarland because it got kind of lukewarm reception from many, like this forum - maybe others. Much of the lukewarm reception was because many thought they should be spending that money fixing up existing park problems. So, maybe they are taking some of that $$ and thinking about some DHS love. Maybe????
Sincerely,
Eternal Dreamer
dont you think if this were the case maybe they would just scrap the whole thing

RunnerEd

Question is: How to do the night time stuff w/o in any way disrupting the live animals who inhabit the park.......
Have night vision goggles, let the lions out on an open savanna (without them being fed) and sell tickets? They are nocturnal hunters after all. I would love to see that but I'm an old infantry guy!

WDW1974

Someone is on twitter saying Avatarland will be twice Cars Land's budget. That is folly.

Twice that budget would make it pricier than the entire DAK park cost at opening.

It started with a $500 million budget and that has been whittled down by between $50-125 million depending on who you talk to and what day of the week it is.

why does anyone waste time in the Twitverse ... it makes you dumber and can cause erectile dysfunction too!

threeyoda

Interesting article from the San Diego Tribune, it's an interview with the head art director of Cars Land, who oversaw the rock work done there.

Article

Here's the last sentence of it: "He said his next assignment will take him to Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla."

Goofnut1980

I tell you this, I just went to DCA and the Little Mermaid ride, while cute, will not have people lined up to see it over and over again. The rest of FLE is just a couple restaurants. TLM is simply The Seas with Nemo and friends, without a fish tank! I went to DL and DCA for the first time ever during Memorial Day and it was less than impressed. The parks were missing so much. We went thru DCA in about 3 hours and rode just about every ride. They needed this bump! But the FLE really isn't going to be all that and a bag of chips. Again, less than impressed. Why not overhaul Tomorrowland, or add something to Epcot, or use up all of the backstage area at Hollywood Studios. I'm not running the show, but I do know, you have to spend money to make it. I don't think anyone here expects a new addition ever year. But, its been 15 years since something significant really happened. I think instead of copying ideas from other parks, make new and unique additions to NEW areas and not renovating old ones. jmo!

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
I believe the rumors are true and the first designs are in from Cameron and the imagineers. To get their vision down, it would cost 1 billion dollars.
So...now comes the work of trimming it down to a budget of 250-500 million. Trying to turn the fantastical into something more in line with the budget.
Unless Cameron wants to throw some of his money into the project.

Lee

Adventurer
I believe the rumors are true and the first designs are in from Cameron and the imagineers. To get their vision down, it would cost 1 billion dollars.
So...now comes the work of trimming it down to a budget of 250-500 million. Trying to turn the fantastical into something more in line with the budget.
Unless Cameron wants to throw some of his money into the project.
That makes some sense, if the initial concepts are of the "everything but the kitchen sink" variety. Not everything that is designed will make the cut. As you said, it will be reduced in scope to a manageable size. I'd say closer to the $250mil than the $500 when the actual budget is set.

And Jim Cameron ain't paying diddly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom