Aqueduct/Water Bridge to Contemporary and MK

hardcard

I sell piping and pipe hangers and they don't paint pipes when they are outdoors usually. They don't paint pipes to tell what us inside them anymore and haven't for about 15 years. Plastic pipe markers that say what is in them are used. If the pipes are painted or covered up it would compromise the structural integrity of the pipe and make it a general pain in the ______ to maintain.

My company sells a lot of pipe hangers to WDW. I just had a huge Order recently for water park Refurb and we did most of the original hangers for the construction of Epcot DHS AK TL but not for BB. I get very excited when I look at an order and it says Lake Buena Vista FL on it.

I would assume your latest order was for TL's rehab..... it needs it :)

raven

I can't believe someone would be so picky as to complain about something that takes 3 seconds to go through.

The alternative would be for all buses to drop guests off at the TTC so they have to take the Ferry or Monorail to MK. I'm sure even longer lines there would be greatly appreciated I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Mallen19

On a linked topic, why is it that the path from MK to GF ends and there is no bridge across the canal/river (opposite side to the tunnel mentioned above)

We walked along it when at MK recently expecting a nice walk back to GF (to avoid the queue for the monorail) but had to turn around at the end.

As an aside the path is nicely lit at night - shame there's no sign before you get to the end :shrug:

bigorangeandy

How about just painting a scene on the walls of the tunnel. Imagine what it would look like if it was the walls to a giant aquarium, you could have fish and such, that way people would look at the walls less at the pipes.

raven

On a linked topic, why is it that the path from MK to GF ends and there is no bridge across the canal/river (opposite side to the tunnel mentioned above)

We walked along it when at MK recently expecting a nice walk back to GF (to avoid the queue for the monorail) but had to turn around at the end.

As an aside the path is nicely lit at night - shame there's no sign before you get to the end :shrug:

There was a bridge at one time there but now the Electrical Water Pagent barges are stored back in the canal after hurricanes posed a threat to where they used to be stored. Now they are securely anchored in the canal when not in use. They didn't see the need to build another bridge since most guests don't use the walkway anyway.

How about just painting a scene on the walls of the tunnel. Imagine what it would look like if it was the walls to a giant aquarium, you could have fish and such, that way people would look at the walls less at the pipes.

Painting under the bridge would cut off traffic for at least a week. That road is a major traffic route on the property not only for guests but for employees, buses and service vehicles.

scottnj1966

Something that has bothered me for years is the lack of attention given to the aqueduct roadway tunnel (connecting Bay Lake and 7 Seas). Compare this tunnel to the one between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. It's a night and day comparison.

I know there are bigger issues at the parks, but seriously, this is one of the main passageways into the MK. Nobody wants to see exposed water pipes and grey stone wall on their way into the most magical place on earth (Although busses were never supposed to take you to the MK entrance to begin with). If WDW wants to get all consistent and "global," lets not forget to apply that concept to things like this.

My rant ends here.

The only people that would ever see it is someone staying at the Contemporary that drove. Other then that the regular tourist would never see it.

EpcotServo

Builder: Ta da! It's done! You can now drive UNDERWATER! Right there! Take a picture!

Random Person: But it isn't themed.

Builder: But?

Wait?

huh?

Huck

Slightly OT, but...
Anyone else hold their breath when they go under the water? My kids and I do it every time! "OK,we're going under water... hold your breath!"

Maybe they should just put up signs on either side of the tunnel that say "You are about to spend 3 seconds traveling underwater. Please hold your breath." Then everyone will be so busy concentrating on holding their breath, they will never notice the horrible, un-themed pipes!:eek:<- (me turning blue holding my breath)

BTW, don't hold your breath waiting for this area to be decorated.:ROFLOL:

Philo

This honestly hasn't bothered me. I kind of like to see all the piping etc because it is a reminder that the whole place is a man-made masterpiece.

From the other perspective, approaching MK by boat over the bridge is by far my fav method of transport. I love seeing the castle come into view knowing that it's the start of another great day in the MK

bugsbunny

This is like complaining about the Mona Lisa because the smile is crooked. Maybe we should dye Seven Seas Lagoon the color blue so it looks better, too? :shrug:

Its an underpass and nobody cares! :ROFLOL:

s8film40

Disney has four quality standards, and they are prioritized in this order:

- safety
- courtesy
- show
- efficiency

Just like sending overflow crowds out behind Main St USA when necessary to keep people safe, leaving these pipes and this tunnel as-is is most likely a necessary safety item.

Disney no longer uses these standards.

rainfully

I love the tunnel... I think it's magical enough! I actually like to look at all the pipes and thing of what an engeneering marvel it is! :)

If there's anything Disney needs to fix on the way to MK... it's that nasty smell on the walkway between Cont. and MK. PHEW!!!

bugsbunny

Obviously you are not a Disney purist. Do you spend a lot of time at Universal?

Pulllleeze. First off, Universal pales in comparison as does any other amusement enterprise.

Disney purist? Don't flatter yourself or self annoint yourself in that category. Counting down the days until your next trip and dreaming about seeing Main Street is one thing. Outright complaining that a highway underpass ought to be "Disney themed" and that anyone who doesnt share the same POV has "questionable values" is downright cultish, IMHO. Why not use that stupid Internet driven petition website that nobody cares about? Maybe start a worthless letter writing campain titled something cute like "Pipe It Under" or some other cutesy name that does nothing to help the "cause".

Since I don't understand how important this is, I can only guess this is the next logical step to take in the process? I'm only a casual vacationer without a soul, so I'm relying on you to get this in place for my next trip!!

God bless the Internet! :ROFLOL: You are pointing a finger at me and calling into question my "Disney values" (whatever that is) simply becuase I wonder why anyone would even care about a pipe and an underpass?

rainfully

Obviously you are not a Disney purist. Do you spend a lot of time at Universal?

Ya know... to be honest... last time I was at Universal I decided to take the boat around just to see the hotels... I was amazed... I think their waterways are a lot more beautiful and kept than many of Disney's.

mcjaco

This singlehandedly has to be one of the most ridiculous threads ever. Dirty roofs? Pipes in an underpass? Good grief. This is precisely why Disney "purists" can be scary, scary people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom