April trips canceled by Disney?

Trust2deal

Hi Folks - Had a family trip on March 18th and Corporate trip March 23 booked - as you know they were canceled. Then rearranged the Family Trip for May 6 - all booked - even allowing me to add meals and VIP tour as of yesterday. Spoke with DSS - they mentioned nothing about closure for mid-April. I assume the May trip is still a GO

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just like they have been this week, anything booked will be cancelled as the official closure period is extended. Not being pessimistic, just realistic. We’ve had to cancel a DLP trip. I don’t know if the rescheduled date will happen. And we’ve a large Florida trip in the fall that I’m trying not to get my hopes up for.

Last edited:

MiddKid

Hi Folks - Had a family trip on March 18th and Corporate trip March 23 booked - as you know they were canceled. Then rearranged the Family Trip for May 6 - all booked - even allowing me to add meals and VIP tour as of yesterday. Spoke with DSS - they mentioned nothing about closure for mid-April. I assume the May trip is still a GO

I would put the chances at slim to none that WDW will be open by May 6.

Brer Oswald

Just like they have been this week, anything booked will be cancelled as the official closure period is extended. Not being pessimistic, just realistic. We’ve had to cancel a DLP trip. I don’t know if the rescheduled date will happen. And we’ve a large Florida trip in the fall that I’m trying not to get my hopes up for.
The Fall? If we’re still in Fear mode by then, I’d be shocked and appalled.

Brer Oswald

Fear mode, caution mode, whatever. Personally, I fear dying prematurely of pneumonia or having my lungs ruined by fibrosis. Or any of my loved ones. Already had a close family member go through a brief bout of Corona, who said that the feeling in the lungs is very scary.
I also fear the increased deaths due to starvation, homelessness and suicide. It’s a balancing act. To call things prematurely 6 months ahead is not a good idea.

We need to take things one week at a time and stop being so pessimistic, or those suicide rates are really going to shoot Up.

csmat99

reportedly guest reservations made for early April are being removed from the My Disney Experience app. anyone out here experince it yet? my June trip is still on there.
Disney will not be able to open in April. Florida hasn't even started to really get hit yet but they will. I can't see Disney opening up before end of May.

csmat99

What I hope most people realize is a place like Disney is the worst place to be while this is going on. You will have people coming from all over probably areas that are still getting hit. So even if Orlando has it under control in May what happens when 1000k people coming from Dallas comes in May while Dallas is getting hit like NYC is now? Then all those people come in contact with it take the virus back to all over country. Why shutting down interstate travel is best way to slow and stop this over time. And don't give me they can take peoples temps. It's proven with this virus that you have ton of people that are asymptomatic carrier that wouldn't be caught.

Prince-1

Uh....maybe?? 😬 I'd guess no.

WDW862

What I hope most people realize is a place like Disney is the worst place to be while this is going on. You will have people coming from all over probably areas that are still getting hit. So even if Orlando has it under control in May what happens when 1000k people coming from Dallas comes in May while Dallas is getting hit like NYC is now? Then all those people come in contact with it take the virus back to all over country. Why shutting down interstate travel is best way to slow and stop this over time. And don't give me they can take peoples temps. It's proven with this virus that you have ton of people that are asymptomatic carrier that wouldn't be caught.
Cast Members are going to be hit hard by this virus

Last edited:

Mouse Trap

Realistically this will be hitting the peak worst in 4-6 weeks in most areas...Florida will be hit hard because they’ve not locked anything down.

I would be SHOCKED and disappointed in Disney if they opened before May.

There's stay-at-home orders in almost all major counties. Most businesses have been shuttered for a week.

mousedroid

So if I understand this correctly, if/when the time comes, Disney is doing cancellations/refunds themselves? In other words, if you have a trip booked for the last week of April, and Disney extends their shutdown date to April 30, they will cancel your reservations and refund your money automatically?

I will obviously be keeping an eye on the situation myself (our trip is scheduled for May 3-9, and 99.97% unlikely to happen), but I'm curious about what everyone else has seen.

Also, are refunds being made to credit cards, or are they doing something like issuing Disney gift cards? I think I paid part of our room cost with a credit card and the balance with Disney Rewards dollars.

TeriofTerror

So if I understand this correctly, if/when the time comes, Disney is doing cancellations/refunds themselves? In other words, if you have a trip booked for the last week of April, and Disney extends their shutdown date to April 30, they will cancel your reservations and refund your money automatically?

I will obviously be keeping an eye on the situation myself (our trip is scheduled for May 3-9, and 99.97% unlikely to happen), but I'm curious about what everyone else has seen.

Also, are refunds being made to credit cards, or are they doing something like issuing Disney gift cards? I think I paid part of our room cost with a credit card and the balance with Disney Rewards dollars.
Usually Disney returns payment in whatever form it was made (refund on credit card, return of Disney Reward dollars to rewards card.) That's why it's important to save gift cards; Disney just puts the balance back on the original card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom