April trips canceled by Disney?

JoeCamel

So the ER is working "These financial cutbacks have generated an uproar from doctors and nurses who are already working exhausting shifts in demanding working conditions because of COVID-19. " overtime to deal with this yet they are complaining of cutbacks??? Something does not compute. Who is this "source"?

So I looked, they are right of center yet factual and use loaded words. I guess but the article does not make sense in a Yogi Berra sort of way.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Hi there! As an FYI for others concerned with April trip cancellations - my April 25th through May 2nd trip just had all FP+ cancelled through May 1st. In addition, Disney has removed park hours on the website through May 1st as well.

That's interesting they still have hours for May. DLR doesn't have any hours posted.

bpiper

It's all the elective surgeries being cancelled. They bring in a lot of billing dollars to the hospital. The hospital's budget is built to have those dollars. Sadly, I don't think that the care for a COVID-19 patient brings in the same amount of billing dollars. While ICU's are expensive and generate a lot of billing dollars, they are usually fairly full anyway.

Another problem for the hospitals is the outpatient surgical centers that they own. Those are also shutdown and also bring in a significant amount of revenue that the Hospital counts on for its budget.

Lots of hospital's have a group practice that they own that provides family medicine, and other routine care. Some are shutdown due to staff being redirected, but others aren't seeing much patients. People are scared to go to see a doctor about a little thing because they think they are going to get it.

In our city they are setting up a 250 bed field hospital in the convention center. It will handle COVID-19 patients that need minimal hospital care but can't go home yet. Similar to a high end skilled nursing center. It's a step down facility since the recovery period of a ICU COVID-19 patient is a long one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hi there! As an FYI for others concerned with April trip cancellations - my April 25th through May 2nd trip just had all FP+ cancelled through May 1st. In addition, Disney has removed park hours on the website through May 1st as well.

Are people still wondering about this? That’s an honest open question...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I’m not saying it’s not...I’m just wondering if there are still those that think any Disney property will be open this month? The answer is an definitive “no”

Obviously they’re not going to open in April, but technically they haven’t said that or sent any communication that April reservations are cancelled. I don’t think OP even received an email, just saw it cancelled in MDE

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
That goes in line with the covid act passed last week. People can get furloughed, paid through unemployment, stay on the benefits...and a company such as Disney gets reimbursed for those.

It’s literally paid to NOT work...which is the right call in this situation

This is best case for these workers. They’re basically on paid leave (and in some cases, getting paid more than if they were working) while at home and many will get their jobs back when the parks open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Obviously they’re not going to open in April, but technically they haven’t said that or sent any communication that April reservations are cancelled. I don’t think OP even received an email, just saw it cancelled in MDE
I understand that...I wish we could not have people basing their plans on what is or is not cancelled in the app. Assume everything is cancelled until they confirm it’s NOT...would be my suggestion.

I can only speak for my experience at WDW...but you would need At least a 1-2 week logistical headstart to start back up. It’s not like they will tell people on Thursday it’s gonna open Sunday...there’s no “shotgun start”. It’s not a local crowd...which makes the idea of restart in Orlando that much more of a headache. Might work better in Anaheim?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those that make more than the state unemployment maximum plus government subsidy will lose the delta.
The intent was those people wouldn’t be laid off...hence the $500 bil “slush fund” for business to borrow from as an eventual grant.

But you can’t trust anyone in charge...or business in general...so it will be exploited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom