Appropriateness of taking children during "gay week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael72688

I dont see what the problem is, I'm not gay and dont have a problem with people who are. I do however have a problem with people who have a problem with gays. of course this is just my opinion, btw, I think it is completely ok bringing you kids during gay days

freaklarm

I respect opinions but at the same time, is so sad to see that some people still live in a closed-minded world. That is all I have to say.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Eeeek... Guys and Gals.. I would really hate to see this thread get locked and deleted like what happened so many times last year with this topic. So.. maybe if we keep the debate off the forum... and keep this civil... that wont happen again this year...

meanmice

I can understand how some people would be leary about PDA in the parks and having to explain that to little children. However, I feel the same about all forms of PDA, not just homosexual. The way I was raised, with homosexual relatives and now some friends, this is not and probably will never be, a concern for me. It is something to do with how different people's cultural views are. In my house we are open about it, but in my part of CT, it's not as much so. It all depends on how people were raised and what their views on cultural norm is and what there paradime is.

Loucifr

I am liberal and open-minded and I have no problem with gay-day. In fact I loathe the “gay-day” protesters more than I ever could the “gay-day” participants. If I was going to stay home on gay-day it would be to avoid the bible bashers.

Just remind them of the bible verse Matthew 7:1 “Judge not Lest ye be judged.” They don’t like that verse.

On the other hand homosexuality is something I would rather not explain to my 4 year old while in Disney World.

So I am tolerant/supportive but would be staying home.

darthdarrel

What I would like to know is how anyone would know it`s gay day other then gay people? LOL! I remember when I went to Cedar point on gay day and we did not know it was gay day! and there were 6 children with us and my one nephew said why is that guy wearing a dress,I was speachless,I didn`t know what to say!:lol: I just told he`s genderly confused!

Main Street USA

Hey guys and gals!

Look, these threads have been started before, some with bad intentions from the start. This thread, however, was started with a legitimate question, which I feel has been answered sufficiently.

If we could stick to the question at hand that would be great.

Thanks.
Zac

imagineersrock

lol we accidently went one time during gay days, and though i was ok with it.... well we went with the family and the family being far less open-minded, it was awkward to say the least.

its really up to you and depends on how phobic or not your family happens to be.

ToTBellHop

So, I think it really depends on the age of your kids. If your kids understand/accept homosexuality, then take em in the park that day; if not, as another said, I'm not sure I'd want to teach my kids (if I had them...) about it while in line for Splash Mountain:) But, if you just want to avoid that situation altogether, again, go to a different park. Some people may be "less open minded" than many of us, but we are in no position to criticize them for that: criticizing others for their backgrounds, cultures, and/or views is not appropriate here.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Hey..simple as this...it's not like you're going to see anything outlandish or weird....Not like they've set aside part of the park for making out.

Much of this is rooted in phobias and pretences.

With that I'm going to whistle nicely and back out of this thread....it's only a matter of time until it gets locked and the last time we had this thread it got ugly and some people got banned as a result.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Fievel
Hey..simple as this...it's not like you're going to see anything outlandish or weird....Not like they've set aside part of the park for making out.

Much of this is rooted in phobias and pretences.

With that I'm going to whistle nicely and back out of this thread....it's only a matter of time until it gets locked and the last time we had this thread it got ugly and some people got banned as a result.
I don`t know about that!:lol: I think that drag queen was outlandish and weird!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Ok...I'll rephrase....you wont' see anything you can't see anywhere else in the world.

Disney is not a safe haven from the different kinds of people in the world.

I'm slowly growing more upset over the sentiments of this thread by some people....so I'm outta here.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Fievel
Ok...I'll rephrase....you wont' see anything you can't see anywhere else in the world.

Disney is not a safe haven from the different kinds of people in the world.

I'm slowly growing more upset over the sentiments of this thread by some people....so I'm outta here.
That`s ok,This thread most likely will be closed soon! :D Hey Fievel Was that directed towards me?

NADisney

LOL,I can't beleive where doing this all over again.:lol:

I'm gay and and visit WDW 4 times a year ,I don't go during "gay days" ,cause I celebrated with my family,co-workers and freinds at home .I'll be taking my nephews for the first time this may(there 10,4,and 2 year old boys ) and they can't wait to see mickey.And they know I live with a guy and gay.Nobody really cares-besides half the cast members are gay.so if that a problem -get over it -where everywhere!

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Erika

Originally posted by NADisney
.Nobody really cares-besides half the cast members are gay.

LOL I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up.

Edit- can we please be very careful where we tread, everybody? We have a lot of very nice members here who I don't want to see get hurt. Let's avoid a repeat of last year- pleeeaaaaaase???

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
oh scheiße...

guys.. PLEASE keep this thread civil. If you have a strong opinion on this subject, one way or the other, PLEASE keep it to yourself. The last thing we need on this forum is more anger.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by NADisney
Nobody really cares-besides half the cast members are gay.so if that a problem -get over it -where everywhere!
:lol: This is so true. I'm gay and when I went down for the college program it was hard to find CMs that weren't. So just so you know... on non-gay days your still surrounded by us. Be careful not to touch us or you'll catch the gay disease. :veryconfu: Seriously though... I HATE when parents say.. "I wouldn't want to teach my child about that." because that is the very reason we have homophobia!! Things like this SHOULD be taught so that they don't grow up to be horrible gay bashing bullies like I had to put up with all through High School!! Ahh.... now I'm getting horrible flash backs to students screaming queer and freak in school.... I shall get them all. :fork:

Main Street USA

Alright, enough. End this thread here.

My first post was ignored, and so was mktiggerman's. THere's no need to keep posting. The original question was answered.

Thanks.
Zac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom