Apple looking to buy Disney?!?!

fractal

giphy.gif

Laketravis

I can certainly understand how Apple would benefit immensely from acquiring Disney. For electronic media content, absolutely. But physical assets like a theme park the size of a medium city? Maybe, maybe not. As others have pointed out, Apple could simply keep what benefits them and either sell off the theme parks or contract out the operations while maintaining license.

Or they could decide that a large theme park network would be a perfect environment to immerse millions of existing and potential hardware customers for days in a subliminal Apple experience. Apple really knows how to build an awesome HQ spaceship campus and probably wouldn't struggle at all with the creative required by a theme park. Essentially becoming the very thing they threw a sledgehammer at in 1984.

Chef Mickey

For those of you saying it can't happen for financial reasons, totally inaccurate.

I don't know if AAPL will do it, but they could. Deals are not always made in straight cash homie, but AAPL could conceivably do it in cash with a new tax plan to bring home the $231b (more after this quarter) in cash from overseas. They can also use leverage (think AAPL could get a loan or issue bonds to raise capital)? They can also issue additional stock. They have every option at their disposal due to their insane cash flow. We are talking ~$65b in FCF annually. AAPL dwarfs DIS in profitability and size and Disney is hugely profitable and large.

Nubs70

What a joke!

The analyst that proposed this theory stated in the 27 page report that, "There is a chance with probability of greater than 0%" that Apple will buy Disney.

Of equal probability is Monkies flying out of Richard Gere's butt.

Kman101

Seems like Variety just wanted some clicks to read their article. I don't know. I really can't see it. But it keeps getting brought up.

Scuttle

I also distinctly remember a couple years ago Tim Cook gloating about how all of Apples products could fit on the interview table they were using. That doesn't sound like a company that wants to take on resorts and theme parks.

Goob

What a joke!

The analyst that proposed this theory stated in the 27 page report that, "There is a chance with probability of greater than 0%" that Apple will buy Disney.

Of equal probability is Monkies flying out of Richard Gere's butt.

Ahem, gerbils.

Goob

No. Just no.

And that is for the best. Gawd, I can't believe some of the things so-called Disney fans think would somehow be good for the company.

But how can you be so sure it would be a terrible move? I personally don't want to see it, but maybe they would really blow some minds. Who knows. For some of you, WDW couldn't get much worse as it is.

lazyboy97o

I also distinctly remember a couple years ago Tim Cook gloating about how all of Apples products could fit on the interview table they were using. That doesn't sound like a company that wants to take on resorts and theme parks.
Distracted is probably a good way to describe Apple at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom