Apple a future sponsor?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Original Poster
Now it is rumored/hinted at that Apple may be signing a sponsorship with Disney. Speculation is that it would be for Imagination 4.0. I figured rather than dilute threads on other topics with this we could toss around the idea here. What are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?

I for one would be very interested in Apple taking on Imagination preferably with Tony Baxter at the helm. I can imagine a sleek design and likely a pretty sweet postshow that's shows off Apple technology and its uses. Now Apple tends to be pretty close to the vest for their future projects so I also don't see them showing concept art. So it begs me to wonder whether or not they'd be the right for for the pavilion. What do you all think?

FrankLapidus

I've heard this rumour before so it's one of those where I'll believe it when I see it. It would be great if it happens but I won't get my hopes up just yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unless I missed some new rumor meat for the grinder, which is entirely possible, the rumors of Apple sponsoring something at Disney have been around since Jobs became a majority shareholder when Disney purchased Pixar in 2006.

GLaDOS

Unless I missed some new rumor meat for the grinder, which is entirely possible, the rumors of Apple sponsoring something at Disney have been around since Jobs became a majority shareholder when Disney purchased Pixar in 2006.

And I think if they were going to become a sponsor, it would have happened when he was still alive.

DocMcHulk

And I think if they were going to become a sponsor, it would have happened when he was still alive.
Things are changing at Apple right now. Tim Cook is moving the ship a slightly different direction after Jobs died. So, anything is possible. 5 years ago, I'd say they'd never do it. Apple just doesnt "sponsor" things. Now.... it's possible.

afar28

I'd love to see this happen. Imagination could use it, and Apple is a company that innovates, so I would love to see them be a sponser.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Apple sponsorship has been put around since the days of the Space pavilion and Spaceship Earth losing ATT. Intel, Compaq (back in the day), Apple were all speculated.

There was a long term deal with HP however, which may prohibit other tech firms. No idea if that was/is the case though. That was a long time ago.

Great thought though. Can you imagine Jonny Ives having a hand in the design? WOuld be fascinating to see.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just playing devil's advocate, but for all we know Jobs was preventing them from sponsoring an attraction.

I am not an Apple fan personally, but there is no question that they make cool toys and have serious money to burn. It would be interesting to see what they would do at WDW.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just playing devil's advocate, but for all we know Jobs was preventing them from sponsoring an attraction.

I am not an Apple fan personally, but there is no question that they make cool toys and have serious money to burn. It would be interesting to see what they would do at WDW.
My feeling on this is that Jobs was way to focussed on the iPhone and iPad to be remotely interested in Epcot.

Iger is of course now very much involved with Apple.

DocMcHulk

My feeling on this is that Jobs was way to focussed on the iPhone and iPad to be remotely interested in Epcot.
I always felt Jobs had such a high opinion of Apple that, to him, they didnt NEED to sponsor anything. Apple was Apple. You knew who they were, and they didnt need to lower themselves to Disney park attraction sponsorship.

The Empress Lilly

iMagination! :D

Or iMag in short. Not holding my breath about this rumour though. If it at all comes to pass, I hope iMag remains focused on Figment and human creative endeavour, and will not be about creative technological innovation.

Apple would be an awesome sponsor for half a wing of Innoventions. Let them go all out, wow the world with gadgets and gizmo's.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I always felt Jobs had such a high opinion of Apple that, to him, they didnt NEED to sponsor anything. Apple was Apple. You knew who they were, and they didnt need to lower themselves to Disney park attraction sponsorship.
Yeah I think that is about right. They advertise on their own terms, and don't often get involved in any inter-company stuff. However, Disney and Apple are closer than ever - so who knows now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom