Appalling state of the monorail cabins

Silver Figment

I'm heading down in September and I'm looking forward to seeing how the cabins compare to the last time I was down there. Last time being Sept. 2013.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well it has been well over a year since my original post on this. So yesterday I took a ride on the monorail system to see how things had changed. It was Monorail Teal. This was what the interior looked like. Just like before, I just boarded the first monorail that came.

DSC04334.jpg
DSC04313.jpg
DSC04310.jpg
DSC04309.jpg
DSC04308.jpg
DSC04305.jpg
DSC04303.jpg
DSC04300.jpg
DSC04301.jpg
DSC04299.jpg

tissandtully

Well it has been well over a year since my original post on this. So yesterday I took a ride on the monorail system to see how things had changed. It was Monorail Teal. This was what the interior looked like. Just like before, I just boarded the first monorail that came.

View attachment 89303 View attachment 89304 View attachment 89305 View attachment 89306 View attachment 89307 View attachment 89308 View attachment 89309 View attachment 89310 View attachment 89311 View attachment 89312

FWIW, the carpet is at least new.

betty rose

View attachment 89303 View attachment 89304 View attachment 89305 View attachment 89306 View attachment 89307 View attachment 89308 View attachment 89309 View attachment 89310 View attachment 89311 View attachment 89312
:eek:

ABQ

Tell me you shared these images with customer service, or someone, anyone?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
That is truly just awful, and looks like a health hazard. (For those of us with asthma, related to allergies)

Yes, and this may also be why the AC smells disgusting and doesn't work most of the time. The filtration system doesn't look like it has been maintained in 20 years. BTW, this filter was just hanging from the roof, I didn't pull it down to look inside.

One has to ask, how does the monorail management OK the train to go out for service with guests in this condition?

DSC04303.jpg

Rambler

I watch Travel Channel and see how great the cruise ships look and how much is put into refirb of older vessels to bring them up to standards as compared to the new launches. Too bad the monorails can't get at least a fraction of the attention. I know it is probably apples and oranges, but sad just the same.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

That's bad. I've been accused of being a pixie duster. An Iger shill. A TDO servant. But that's really really really really bad.

betty rose

Yes, and this may also be why the AC smells disgusting and doesn't work most of the time. The filtration system doesn't look like it has been maintained in 20 years. BTW, this filter was just hanging from the roof, I didn't pull it down to look inside.

One has to ask, how does the monorail management OK the train to go out for service with guests in this condition?

View attachment 89313
Good question...

Horizons1

Good grief, I don't care if that is Monorail Teal and that it hasn't received the updated interior yet. Absolutely unacceptable.

Someone needs to send and tweet that to any and all WDW and Disney related accounts they can find. I think #junkyardinthesky has a certain ring to it.
Haha. Disney doesn't care what a bunch of dweebs on a message board have to say about the monorail. Once again, 90 percent of guests do not notice this stuff at all. And Disney no longer cares about the show, it's all about the money. The guests aren't intelligent enough to see the things right in front of their faces.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Haha. Disney doesn't care what a bunch of dweebs on a message board have to say about the monorail. Once again, 90 percent of guests do not notice this stuff at all. And Disney no longer cares about the show, it's all about the money. The guests aren't intelligent enough to see the things right in front of their faces.
I think you're mischaracterizing the problem with Disney's upper management. It's not that they KNOW of these issues and choose to ignore them. It's that they honestly have no clue that the problems exist in the first place because their subordinates don't communicate that information. It's much more likely that managers are blindly assuming how great everything is than them knowing that there are problems and saying "screw it." I'm not sure which is worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom