Apartment Recommendations

matthope03

Original Poster
I will be moving to Orlando in the summer of 2007 to hopefully take a job at Disney. I was wondering if anybody that lives down there could recommend some apartment complexes that are in the vicinity of the resort. I do not want to drive all the way across town in order to go to work. I have looked online but I would like some opinions from people that are familiar with the area. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I would look into Alexandra/Parc Vue. Thats were i just got a place and its really nice. Its also very close to the parks. Its off of rt. 535. If you have any questions let me know.

joeyjoe92979 said:
I heard from a very reliable source that they are one of the next on the list to convert to condos.

I was told by the managemnet company that they would not be going condo because they bought the property so it would stay as apartments. The leasing office told me the same thing. If you know something please let me know but, i would like to know were you hurd this from?

MansionHostess4

joeyjoe92979 said:
The problem with apartments in the Orlando & Disney area is 99% of them are being converted to condos and being sold for upwards of $300,000. It's pretty impossible these days to find an apartment complex that is still "just an apartment complex" or one that is not converting to condos, especially in the Disney area itself. Most of the previous complexes have since been sold to the brits and they are renting them out as timeshares when they are not using the condo themselves.

It's a shame what is going on in the area and realtors don't see an end for a while.

:eek: Where do CM's live, then?? I'm due to move to the area for work in about a month, and this really scares me . . . While looking at apartments online, I've seen a few I would consider, but how do I find out if they are going condo?? Thanks!

cnicholson726

Apartments

I would check out the Cagan Crossings, they are very affordable and they will not be converting to condo because they are building seperate condo in the new area

Come over to Alexandra/Parc Vue. They are not going condo. They are owed by a apartment management company and do not plan on converting to condo. They tend to have things available on a last minute thing as well. They are about 5 mins to the parks. Its were I live and so far i like it here.

Figments Friend

Hi there Disneykid...

I'm also looking for a place nearby. Can you tell me if where you live is within possbile walking distance to the parks, or near someplace where one could hop on one of the buses? Even if i had to ride the Disney buses to work with the tourists i would'nt mind...anything goes!

I ask as i desperately want to move down and work but need to find a place that is close enough and affordable. I do not drive but have no issues walking or riding!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

MansionHostess4

cnicholson726 said:
I would check out the Cagan Crossings, they are very affordable and they will not be converting to condo because they are building seperate condo in the new area

Thanks, I'll be in town tomorrow and will definately look there. I really appreciate it! :wave:

MansionHostess4

disneykid23 said:
Come over to Alexandra/Parc Vue. They are not going condo. They are owed by a apartment management company and do not plan on converting to condo. They tend to have things available on a last minute thing as well. They are about 5 mins to the parks. Its were I live and so far i like it here.

Thanks, DisneyKid! I'll be in the area tomorrow, and will check out those apartments. And congrats on your new job; I hope things are going well for you :wave:

Tropicsky1

Apartments

I understand what you're going through...I spent the first part of this year apartment hunting. It's a pain in the butt, especially since most are going condo.

However, I just moved in to Camden at World Gateway, and I LOVE it. It's really close to Disney and the new Walmart, so the location is really great. It's also not a bad price, and it is only a couple of years old.

The condo thing is such a pain, but from what I've heard, the apartments that are converting to condos aren't doing too well (since, like someone mentioned before, most people living around here in apartments cannot afford the 300,000+ tab to own). I know someone who lives in the apatments-turned-condos by Chatham (I forget the name) and he said he is still renting because no one will buy the condos. So, who knows what will happen, but I hope my new place won't go condo any time soon! :lookaroun

Good luck with the search. I would go to apartments.com or forrent.com to look around, and go down around 60 days before you want to move in (they usually require a 60 day notice to leave, so that'll be your best bet to snag a lease). Happy hunting!

MansionHostess4

Thanks, I found a place yesterday!!!!

Tropicsky1 said:
I understand what you're going through...I spent the first part of this year apartment hunting. It's a pain in the butt, especially since most are going condo. . . .

The condo thing is such a pain, but from what I've heard, the apartments that are converting to condos aren't doing too well (since, like someone mentioned before, most people living around here in apartments cannot afford the 300,000+ tab to own). I know someone who lives in the apatments-turned-condos by Chatham (I forget the name) and he said he is still renting because no one will buy the condos. So, who knows what will happen, but I hope my new place won't go condo any time soon! :lookaroun

Good luck with the search. I would go to apartments.com or forrent.com to look around, and go down around 60 days before you want to move in (they usually require a 60 day notice to leave, so that'll be your best bet to snag a lease). Happy hunting!

I am so glad you found a place you like :) Where are you working? Yesterday I was in town and applied at Caribbean Isle apartments. I can move in as soon as June 1st, giving me a month before I start Traditions and orientation. :sohappy: It's a small unit (I'm going from 940 sq ft to 500!) but it's all I need. The location is great as far as distance to the parks, and the neighborhood doesn't seem too bad. They promised up and down they had no plans to turn condo :lookaroun (I'm praying, lol)
You know, I really hope these apartments-going-condo begin to realize that folks cannot afford them, and that affordable yet safe housing is vital to the success of the area. With all of the employees who need places to live close to work, they are shutting out a huge percentage of the population.
Thanks for the advice and good wishes, everyone.

kal1484

I'm going to be waiting a year or two becuase those 250,000 condos for a 1/1 are going to be down to less than 100,000 when they can't sell them. Town Place at Hunter's Creek, now by another name though kicked us out as they were going condo, however now they can't sell enough and are going back to apartments. Can't wait to buy a house!

foxfire

disneykid23 said:
I would look into Alexandra/Parc Vue. Thats were i just got a place and its really nice. Its also very close to the parks. Its off of rt. 535. If you have any questions let me know.

I used to think so until I lived there. Alexandria went/is going condo and Parc Vue is sure to follow. It was great until after 3 months when the service went downhill and my apt. started to smell like rotten meat...

Tropicsky1

Apartments

MansionHostess4 said:
I am so glad you found a place you like :) Where are you working?

Thanks! I got a Professional Internship, and I'll be working in the Communications Planning department in Sports and Rec. I was planning on moving down here even if I didn't get the job (my boyfriend lives down here and I just graduated from school so we decided to move in with each other) but it was a relief when I received the poisition!!!

Good luck with the new apartment and job! :sohappy:

MansionHostess4

Tropicsky1 said:
Thanks! I got a Professional Internship, and I'll be working in the Communications Planning department in Sports and Rec. I was planning on moving down here even if I didn't get the job (my boyfriend lives down here and I just graduated from school so we decided to move in with each other) but it was a relief when I received the poisition!!!

Good luck with the new apartment and job! :sohappy:

Thanks, I can't wait to get started!! That's awesome about your intership; see, things do work themselves out for a reason :animwink: Best of luck to you, the position sounds great.

Here we are over a year later from the original posts, and as we all know, the real estate market is in the dumps, and the apartment-to-condo deals have been a longtime yet welcomed history. I am interested in Alexandria Parc Vue.......is the community still a winner?

cm1988

Options for apartments

You might want to check CraigsList.com and see about "shares" as well as apartments. A lot of times people have a spare room to rent... even with private entrance and kitchen privileges.

Fact is, most decent apartments (that is, minimal bugs, minimal noise, decent area) are so expensive that people wind up sharing anyways! So for probably less money, you can "share" a house by renting a furnished room and then have more space and better privacy.

Good luck, and welcome to O-Town!

Atta83

Here we are over a year later from the original posts, and as we all know, the real estate market is in the dumps, and the apartment-to-condo deals have been a longtime yet welcomed history. I am interested in Alexandria Parc Vue.......is the community still a winner?

I live at Alexandria and its not that bad. No its not going condo obviously if it is still an apartment...

SeaBreeze

I lived in Celebration while I worked at WDW. Everything has converted to condo there but you just contact the real estate offices and there are always places available to rent. I absolutely loved living there and want to move back asap... it's a bit pricey though but for me, it was more than worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom