AP Refund Watch

Hcalvert

I guess it is time to call again and see what is going on. I have been emailing at least once a month since July and continue to get the same canned responses with arbitrary months of when the refund will be processed. The only time I have called was when I had opted for the refund in May and that took hours of time to do that as it was around the time they announced the reopening date. My passes expired July 8 and they were removed from my MDE on July 9 as they were not extended. The extension was applied to my new APs that I activated on July 11 as they now expire in August 2021.

jmp85

did you get your refund yet
We were on the monthly payment plan (FL resident) so no refund was due. They were just supposed to quit charging me each month going forward. I put a ticket in this morning via email and included my previous email and their response confirming it was cancelled. Told them I would contest any charges going forward.

mgf

Original Poster
I called today about my 2 out of 3 refund situation. The CM indicated that all three of the passes had been removed and that - as we suspected - each pass get its own refund transaction She said that it was not unusual that all might not arrive at the same time (I mean it is but ok) and that refund payments are still processing.

Basically, keep watching.

olie64

I called today about my 2 out of 3 refund situation. The CM indicated that all three of the passes had been removed and that - as we suspected - each pass get its own refund transaction She said that it was not unusual that all might not arrive at the same time (I mean it is but ok) and that refund payments are still processing.

Basically, keep watching.

I had this happen to me...I called and the system tell the the cm they are processing but my actually wasn't processing it feel through the cracks so he had them over ride the system to send them via mail...in 6-8 weeks.

jmp85

I had this happen to me...I called and the system tell the the cm they are processing but my actually wasn't processing it feel through the cracks so he had them over ride the system to send them via mail...in 6-8 weeks.

So it sounds like more than a few are "falling through the cracks." Good to know.

olie64

So it sounds like more than a few are "falling through the cracks." Good to know.

the CM i talked to said it a fully automated system but since we renewed but wanted a refund for closing i'm guessing that what messed it up.

twilight mitsuk

We were on the monthly payment plan (FL resident) so no refund was due. They were just supposed to quit charging me each month going forward. I put a ticket in this morning via email and included my previous email and their response confirming it was cancelled. Told them I would contest any charges going forward.
Monthly payment APs were supposed to get refunded

Hcalvert

I have been emailing Disney since July regarding my AP refunds since I requested them in May. Yesterday, I received a response from a Gabe, who allegedly is a VIPassholder supervisor, asking me to call them and even provided a tracking number for my issue. I called tonight and after almost an hour, I was able to finally secure a partial refund for our three Platinum APs that expired on July 8. The CM gave me a choice of a check or credit card refund. I chose a credit card refund. I am getting $1,149.75 back soon---at least I hope. The amount was close to what I thought I would get (about $1200), so I am happy. I also got my son's AP sorted as somehow it was activated as a child's instead of an adult's when we were at the parks during reopening.

EmmieSue

Has anyone else who opted in for a refund for their annual pass not received theirs? My email said it would come mid-late September and I have not gotten it. The credit card I used is active so I wouldn't think it should be coming as a check..

olie64

Has anyone else who opted in for a refund for their annual pass not received theirs? My email said it would come mid-late September and I have not gotten it. The credit card I used is active so I wouldn't think it should be coming as a check..

Call them and make sure it didn't fall thru the cracks that happened to me they then had to override the system and are now mailing a check

bdinger

We have not yet received any refund on our family's passes. I just sent them a message via their web site asking for an update. Our credit card is still active, as well. Hopefully they'll be able to provide some information. I don't mind waiting. For me, it's the lack of communication that has been disappointing. I understand that this is a difficult situation, but we had no problem receiving refunds for another park we had passes to and they have nowhere near the resources that Disney has. The total turnaround time for the other park was 2 weeks from the time I contacted them until the time I got my refund.

tsaintc

Call them and make sure it didn't fall thru the cracks that happened to me they then had to override the system and are now mailing a check
I would definitely recommend a call. Our refund was 'stuck' (their words, not mine) at processing and would have never been sent if the support team did not intervene. Unfortunately, I was on the call for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Based on what I was told, if a refund is 'stuck', they can only convert the refund into a physical check which can take up to 10 weeks.

olie64

I would definitely recommend a call. Our refund was 'stuck' (their words, not mine) at processing and would have never been sent if the support team did not intervene. Unfortunately, I was on the call for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Based on what I was told, if a refund is 'stuck', they can only convert the refund into a physical check which can take up to 10 weeks.

Yep that what happened to mine as well. total time from three call for me was well over 3 hours before the last person went and got it all taken out care of..

jmp85

Here was the response I received related to the email I received thanking me for extending my passes despite the fact I called and cancelled:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

In order to get this sorted out, we would recommend contacting our Monthly Payment Partners at 888-701-4100(Opt.3). They are the team that we will have access to see why you received that email. If you do not want the extra time added, please disregard the email entirely.

mgf

Original Poster
For those reporting they got a payment unstuck, do you remember the department or the job role of the person who finally resolved it? Wondering if there is a way to request to speak with "X" -- if we can crowdsource the identify of X.

olie64

For those reporting they got a payment unstuck, do you remember the department or the job role of the person who finally resolved it? Wondering if there is a way to request to speak with "X" -- if we can crowdsource the identify of X.

i dont recall the department i want to say it was claims department maybe

SamusAranX

Anyone who was on the check option due to their former payment method no longer being active; have you gotten it yet? I was told October; but reading these posts about the refunds getting "lost' or "stuck", I feel a call is in order as well.

ptlohmysoul

Anyone who was on the check option due to their former payment method no longer being active; have you gotten it yet? I was told October; but reading these posts about the refunds getting "lost' or "stuck", I feel a call is in order as well.

I am expecting a check refund for several Annual Passes this month, but was wondering when we should receive it. I called DVC Member Services today and was told if I wanted information about it, I would have to call Ticketing re: the AP refund. In other words, my family is in the same boat - still waiting for a refund.

monykalyn

My husband-who upgraded a 7 day ticket to AP and used a CC got his refund processed. Mine is still lost in the ether-used a Sams club voucher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom