AP Refund Watch

Ripken10

Got our refund on credit card today. Turns out our trip in February cost us $13.75 per day to go due to refund. Financially it just made sense to cancel, as we had another trip planned but it would cost about $200 less to cancel and buy a 7-10 day ticket with refunds. Now whether we go back this year...

Can't wait to tell kids as they get older - "i remember when it cost less than $15 a day to go to Disney World and now..."

Gillyanne

I didn't personally opt for the refund, but apparently a friend on FB did (I also have been a way from the boards b/c work got crazy busy)

Pleasant surprise of the day... Woke up to refunds of the lion's share of two Disney passes.

I asked them their details (link or call, C/C etc though I suspect it was C/C based on the wording)

But with that said, it does seem there's a few more getting theirs to pop up 🎉

MickeyLuv'r

Has anyone gotten a refund via gift cards yet? We bought our annual passes via gift cards and we have not seen or heard anything since we cancelled our AP's via the email link that was sent to us a while ago.
Yes.

I used a cc to pay for my original ticket, then upgraded to AP using a gift cards. I received a check in the mail, in early/mid- September. I originally called in early July.

The refund is one of those pull aparts. I'm not sure what to call it, not a traditional envelope, but the kind of mail you open by folding/tearing of the three perforated edges. The return address is clearly Disney.

mgf

Original Poster
Yes.

I used a cc to pay for my original ticket, then upgraded to AP using a gift cards. I received a check in the mail, in early/mid- September. I originally called in early July.

The refund is one of those pull aparts. I'm not sure what to call it, not a traditional envelope, but the kind of mail you open by folding/tearing of the three perforated edges. The return address is clearly Disney.

Eek. Hope no one in my house overlooked it! We get lots of junk mailers using that same style. Would have been nice for Disney to put out a blog post with this level of detail.....

Sorcerer Mickey

We purchased two Silver APs on January 26 and paid $1,038 upfront. WDW closed in March.

We opted for the refund and got $493 today. Does that make sense? Seeing as how we only could have used them for one-and-a-half months, I'd imagine the refunded amount would be higher.

Gillyanne

I didn't personally opt for the refund, but apparently a friend on FB did (I also have been a way from the boards b/c work got crazy busy)

I asked them their details (link or call, C/C etc though I suspect it was C/C based on the wording)

But with that said, it does seem there's a few more getting theirs to pop up 🎉
For tracking the friend I mentioned above used the Link for 1 of their passes and a call for another. Said it did take a while to get through on the call

One was done with the link. The other with a call that I finally got through on thanks to a friend with the hookup.

cdd89

With all the positive reports above, is there anyone who has a still active US payment card and who has not received a refund?

I’m in that situation, though my payment card is international, which might be having an impact.

Last edited:

bdinger

With all the positive reports above, is there anyone who has a still active US payment card and who has not received a refund?

I’m in that situation, though my payment card is international, which might be having an impact.

We paid in full on a US-based credit card that is still active. We have not yet received any refund. I called back in April or May to request the refund and also requested the refund via the links that were sent out later. The passes were originally supposed to expire on 8/4 and then got bumped to 9/4. In the My Disney Experience app, 2 of the 4 passes still appear (age 3-9 passes), despite expiring on 9/4. The other 2 adult passes are no longer there.

cdd89

Thanks, glad to hear it. (For my sake, not yours!).

My adult pass went from MDE too about a month ago.

VaderTron

We purchased two Silver APs on January 26 and paid $1,038 upfront. WDW closed in March.

We opted for the refund and got $493 today. Does that make sense? Seeing as how we only could have used them for one-and-a-half months, I'd imagine the refunded amount would be higher.
Silver Pass means you are a FL resident. Are you local? How many times did you visit? The length of each visit doesn't matter, but how many times did you enter their gates? They track each visit to the parks and assign a value to each visit. Even if you only stayed an hour or two after work they count that the same as if you stayed the whole day. According to the formulas they use there are a set number of visits built into the price of your pass. If you surpass that number you are going for "free". So, they do not do a straight division of "x-number of days for the year divided by price of pass". I know...dumb.

pocketlint

it could be refunded in 2 parts like mine..
once for the initial disney closing in March then the remainder paid up to the point my AP expired in august..

Chi84

Premium Member
DH and I had gold passes that would have expired October 23 and each got a refund of around $460 today credited to the original form of payment.

jmp85

I cancelled our passes and then followed up via email to ensure the passes were cancelled. Received an email confirming the contracts were being processed for cancellation. Now today I receive an email thanking me for extending our passes and sending me a link to sign the new contracts. It states if I don't sign by Nov. 1 the extension will be cancelled. I suppose I'll just ignore the dang email because I'm tired of calling Disney. I had to call 4-5 times to cancel the things. We were on the monthly payment plan and haven't been billed, but I'm really getting annoyed. Getting to the point where I just don't want anything to do with Disney for a while.

twilight mitsuk

I cancelled our passes and then followed up via email to ensure the passes were cancelled. Received an email confirming the contracts were being processed for cancellation. Now today I receive an email thanking me for extending our passes and sending me a link to sign the new contracts. It states if I don't sign by Nov. 1 the extension will be cancelled. I suppose I'll just ignore the dang email because I'm tired of calling Disney. I had to call 4-5 times to cancel the things. We were on the monthly payment plan and haven't been billed, but I'm really getting annoyed. Getting to the point where I just don't want anything to do with Disney for a while.
did you get your refund yet

monykalyn

Has anyone gotten a refund via gift cards yet? We bought our annual passes via gift cards and we have not seen or heard anything since we cancelled our AP's via the email link that was sent to us a while ago.
We actually can’t remember how we paid for hubs AP in January but we think part of it was either a gift card or Disney points on the chase card as we checked the charge and and only $600 something, and I know we did use a park hopper and do upgrade. However he got a refund back this week for over $900 credited to credit card. Platinum paid in full pass, activated early January. I had a Sams club voucher bought prior to price increase in 2019. No check yet... Both cancelled the last day via the email links.

Sorcerer Mickey

Silver Pass means you are a FL resident. Are you local? How many times did you visit? The length of each visit doesn't matter, but how many times did you enter their gates? They track each visit to the parks and assign a value to each visit. Even if you only stayed an hour or two after work they count that the same as if you stayed the whole day. According to the formulas they use there are a set number of visits built into the price of your pass. If you surpass that number you are going for "free". So, they do not do a straight division of "x-number of days for the year divided by price of pass". I know...dumb.

Weird, that's not how they explained the refunds would work in their July email. You pay for the annual pass to visit an unlimited number of times during non-blackout dates, so they shouldn't penalize you for the amount of times you visited when the pass was active.

TrainsOfDisney

Weird, that's not how they explained the refunds would work in their July email. You pay for the annual pass to visit an unlimited number of times during non-blackout dates, so they shouldn't penalize you for the amount of times you visited when the pass was active.
Yeah I’m not sure what Vader was trying to say... I didn’t follow that either.

olie64

Mine was processed but never processed when i call they keep saying its processjng but must have been a glitch somewhere. Had a great cast member get it overrode today so they will be sending us a check for two passes.. 300 and some per pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom