AP Best Rate Program changing?

thegoof

Looking at the Passholder website this morning, I noticed this.....

Take advantage of this great benefit that allows Passholders to book a last minute trip or plan ahead. This benefit replaces the Passholder Best Rate Program*.
  • For Passholders who like to make last minute plans, there is no longer a 60-day advance booking requirement. You can now book a room right up to the travel period (subject to availability).
  • For Passholders who like to plan ahead, you can now see offers months in advance.
  • Normal deposit/cancellation fees apply.
They must be currently updating this on the site, because the "learn more" hyperlink is not active. So, we'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Also, they list 3 current room specials through April 8th....and it includes CODES.....I'm guessing that it will no longer be online only.

Interesting.....

lnsemsf

$80 a night for a value resort, and this is supposed to entice me to stay? I'll make the 60 minute drive home thank you. Offer me a deal, reward me for 20 years of loyalty, then I'll be happy to give you extra money. I stayed at a Howard Johnson's last night for $30, clean, comfortable, brand new beds, and 5 minutes away. For an extra $15-$20 I'd have stayed at Disney, for an extra $50, I think not.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Some more news on the Resort Benefit program as it is being called now:
The Resort Benefit Program as this thing is now being called can be booked online OR called in, The same room rate will apply for both. The difference is if you book the ressie online you have up till the 45th day prior to the trip to cancel with no penalty. A call in room has up to 5 days prior to arrival to make changes. As always if you need help with making any reservations please feel free to drop me a PM or e mail!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Nicole

lnsemsf said:
$80 a night for a value resort, and this is supposed to entice me to stay? I'll make the 60 minute drive home thank you. Offer me a deal, reward me for 20 years of loyalty, then I'll be happy to give you extra money. I stayed at a Howard Johnson's last night for $30, clean, comfortable, brand new beds, and 5 minutes away. For an extra $15-$20 I'd have stayed at Disney, for an extra $50, I think not.

Actually it's $79 for a MODERATE resort.

Upvote 0

imamouse

wannabeBelle said:
Some more news on the Resort Benefit program as it is being called now:
The Resort Benefit Program as this thing is now being called can be booked online OR called in, The same room rate will apply for both. The difference is if you book the ressie online you have up till the 45th day prior to the trip to cancel with no penalty. A call in room has up to 5 days prior to arrival to make changes. As always if you need help with making any reservations please feel free to drop me a PM or e mail!!! Belle

Hmmmm.....Book online with a 45-day cancellation policy, or call in the ressie with the same rate but a 5-day cancellation.....Solution: Call Kingdom Konsultants!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lnsemsf

Nicole said:
Actually it's $79 for a MODERATE resort.
I just went online and it was over $80 for All Star Music/Movies/Pop Centuary through the passholder site. I was looking because a friend is coming down in late february and I was thinking of staying if it was in the $50 range, but $80 is a bit insulting to me.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

lnsemsf said:
I just went online and it was over $80 for All Star Music/Movies/Pop Centuary through the passholder site. I was looking because a friend is coming down in late february and I was thinking of staying if it was in the $50 range, but $80 is a bit insulting to me.
Give Wannabebelle a call. She can get you the hookup. Just used her/Konsultant for the first time. Great folks! Saved me somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-200 for a five-night stay.

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

I'm glad the best rate plan is now defunct - I can almost never plan any vacation time more than a couple weeks ahead of time, and best rate made that aspect of my AP useless. I do however enjoy the DDE discounts on my meals (even though the price has gone up to $60 this year).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to book a room for the EE preview weekend - I'll be in the Caribbean that same week. So that's at least one room someone else can have :)

Upvote 0

Nicole

ROFLOL - I just checked out mousesavers and this info is at the top of their welcome page, after the title: "ding dong the witch is dead."

I thought it was funny. They don't list specific rates but do list the $$ amount of the discounts which can be cross-referenced with their rack rates.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

I just booked two nights at the end of the month at POR for $176 out-the-door for the Expedition Everest preview! (oh yeah, and my girlfriend's birthday! lol!)
Can't wait - WOO HOO!

I am so glad they went back to this program - the prices are great.

Whoever's complaining- give me a break! I can't even find a $@%&-hole hotel around here for less than $50. $49 for value and $79 for moderates is better than any place I could stay in Michigan, much less within complimentary transportation distance of the Happiest Place on Earth, not to mention the Disney Magic isn't included in the $59 Motel 6 around here!

Upvote 0

Rob562

lnsemsf said:

You also have to realize that 2/16-4/22 is Peak Season at the Disney resorts, which are the second most expensive rates behind the Holiday season around Christmas. These discount codes are for a set dollar amount off of the rack room rate. The problem is that the rack room rate for a Value resort in that time frame is $115, and the passholder discount is $35.

But if you time the discounts right, in late January you could get a Value for $49 a night, or even Wilderness Lodge for $109.

-Rob
(My swearing off of my annual December trip for '06 is starting to look a little shaky... ;-)

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Nicole said:
ROFLOL - I just checked out mousesavers and this info is at the top of their welcome page, after the title: "ding dong the witch is dead."

I thought it was funny. They don't list specific rates but do list the $$ amount of the discounts which can be cross-referenced with their rack rates.
Guess they stole my quote from the other thread. ;) Kidding of course. As has been mentioned before, I liked the concept, just not the restrictions.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I'm glad Disney recognized their mistake quickly. AP holders as a group can and do make spur of the moment trips because they don't need to think about buying park tickets which is one less expense, as well as being Disney-crazy so even if you made several trips already, another one is not out of the question for us. So if you find a great airfare coupled with a good hotel deal, you are packing your bags to go.

I know personally this year I made at least one less trip because of the BRP because when Jet Blue moved into Newark and there was an airfare war and I would have booked a trip, but I was already beyond the time frame for the BRP, so Disney lost out. Not to mention they were probably losing business with the folks that live within driving distance outside of FL and can come down for weekends at the last minute.

Upvote 0

babyboy443

Does anyone have the booking code to get the $49 for the Value Resorts for the end of January? I have a reservation for the 27-31 with the FL.Res code. Any help would be awesome :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

babyboy443 said:
Does anyone have the booking code to get the $49 for the Value Resorts for the end of January? I have a reservation for the 27-31 with the FL.Res code. Any help would be awesome :)

Here is the info from mousesavers.com:

January - February offer code is EZA.
Travel dates: 1/10/06-1/15/06 and 2/5/06-2/15/06. Discounts are $20 off Value resorts, $40 off Moderate resorts and $70 off Deluxe resorts. Book by 2/15/06.

January - February offer code is BKE.
Travel dates: 1/16/06-2/4/06. Discounts are $30 off Value resorts, $60 off Moderate resorts and $96 off Deluxe resorts. Book by 2/4/06.

Upvote 0

jakeman

From the other AP rate thread:

jakeman said:
Just a heads up for everyone. I still got a better rate by booking through disney.com. When I called this morning for the EE weekend the rate was $221 for POFQ. I booked online and the rate was $179 (for two nights).

I'll post this in the other thread also.
FYI! This may have already been mentioned here. I apologized for not reading through the whole thread...I am in the middle of a meeting at my job.:lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

no problem!!! Also good information to know. I was told that the rates would be the same by Disney when I had them on the phone last night but I guess that is NOT the case!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom