anything not "disney" like?

Craig & Lisa

:lookaroun When the family and I went in 2003 to blizzard beach we had to take an around about way to the front gate, because of a snake that decided to go across the walkway, there were CM's there telling us to please go around possibly because it might have been a poisonous, they ,the CM's stayed pretty far back as well, they may not of had a animal specialest handy:eek:

col

Original Poster
craig & lisa when you said about the snake at a water park it reminded me about this:
i was waiting for the bus to got back to all star sports from typhoon lagoon when i was walking up and down at the bus stop i looked to my left and saw this green and black plastic box with slits down the sides just hidden in the bushes. now i dont know whether anyone has seen these things before but in england they are used to catch mice and rats there basically traps that can trap loads of rodents in. but it didnt stop me from going back into the park. oh and people have told me about snakes being spotted in blizzard beach nothing to worry about though coz im sure if you tell a cast member they will sort it out.

Craig & Lisa

col said:
craig & lisa when you said about the snake at a water park it reminded me about this:
i was waiting for the bus to got back to all star sports from typhoon lagoon when i was walking up and down at the bus stop i looked to my left and saw this green and black plastic box with slits down the sides just hidden in the bushes. now i dont know whether anyone has seen these things before but in england they are used to catch mice and rats there basically traps that can trap loads of rodents in. but it didnt stop me from going back into the park. oh and people have told me about snakes being spotted in blizzard beach nothing to worry about though coz im sure if you tell a cast member they will sort it out.
:) The box you saw was for rats and mice, unfortunatly where you have garbage you have vermin, but reguardless of whether the snake was dangerous or not, they won't destroy them because they eat them as well:D

col

Original Poster
theres always a positive and negative. as long as they dont bother me i wont bother them.

pat in the hat

I love most everything Disney, and have so many great, positive experiences that I always share. Yet, I think that it is also ok to share those things that seem un-Disney like. Afterall, if no one shares those things that should be corrected, the company may not know when there is a problem . . . you can't fix what you don't know is broken! So here are a couple of interesting ones:

Back when the resorts were known as Dixie Landings and Port Orleans, we were swimming in the Port Orleans pool (where we were staying). I was on the bridge/steps taking pictures of my kids in the pool, when all of a sudden I felt a slight "wisp" across of the back of my neck . . . very unnerving! After it happened again, I realized that it was a (fairly large) black bird that was swooping from behind and swiping my neck with its wing! :eek: A CM told me that they had been trying to catch the "bad" bird which had been "terrorizing" the resort patrons . . . can you say Hitchcock? :lookaroun

Also, on two separate visits to Hilton Head, we tried to tour the Disney resort, since we are constantly marketed to for that location. Both times we were hassled and even turned away. They said that they do not take any reservations there and started to rattle off the 1-407 number . . . as if we were going to memorize it! :rolleyes: I'll never bother again . . . very un-Disney like!

slappy magoo

Walking through the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, my GF & I saw something that looked like an odd lump in the wallpaper. Turned out to be a cockroach the size of a canned ham. I kept an eye on it whilst my GF ran to guest services. We didn't make a big deal about of it, nobody screamed and we didn't get all "Ewwww, our magic was ruined, whaddaya gonna do 'bout it" on them. But this sucker was so big, I didn't want to risk it getting away and letting any non-CM find it. Once someone got there to handle the situation, we left. I offered to stay in case he needed help wrangling it to the ground & putting the Disney branding iron to it, he smiled and said no, it's all covered.

LESLIECOOL

I know for sure what you saw.... it was a very large rat. I recently stayed in Pop Century Resort and was up very early in the AM. While I was walking, I saw cast members with flashlights and a very large stick looking in the bushes. They set traps at night to catch large rats and opossums, then they check them right before sunrise. I was grossed out, but I live right near New York....so I really wasn't surprised.
My advice..... don't look through bushes at night!!

col

Original Poster
im going to the pop cntury in december.

another thing i always see those little and im talking little lizzards everywhere but there good as they eat the insects-which is a good thing.
but as someone already said (sorry i forgot your name) the cast members cant fix it if they dont know about it but i never told anyone about the rodent outside MGM as it didnt bother me.

pat in the hat

Un-disney like . . .

hakunamatata said:
Yes, all the b******g and moaning by people who focus on the negative stuff.

Have a nice day :wave:

. . . people who have to pepper their comments with **** words!
Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

Jenna

wen i was at epcot on my first day ever at disney i seen somethin run out from the bushes and it was a squirrel but i was convinced it was a rat!!!

and it dont matter where in the world u ar ur never more than 10metres away from a rat (unless ur in the air or in the middle of the sea!) so it aint jus a problem in disney!

col

Original Poster
britain is overcrowded with rats. where less than 5 metres away from rats thats how bad it has become.

wdwishes2005

hakunamatata said:
Yes, all the b******g and moaning by people who focus on the negative stuff.

Have a nice day :wave:

i'm not b******g and moaning believe me, these things don't really bother me i'm just elling things that have happend to me.

awalte7

Rats and roaches aren't undisneylike. Florida has a humid tropical climate. Things like that thirve in warm southern weather. Think about it, if you were a rat or a roach wouldn't you want to live in disneyworld? Warm, lots of garbage, and lots of water. UNless disney finds a way to control the weather you are going to find some unwelcomed guests floating around. as long as you don't bother them they won't bother you.
The snakes in the waterpark sounds a little scary but I'm sure it was dealt with.

stitchlvr

sounds like a possum. They look like big giant rats with long tails and they are rodents so I've seen them around trash cans etc. they usually don't come out in the day though. Whenever I've seen them here in Nebraska its been at night.

WhenYouWish

Um...well, I've not yet run into any rodent problems in WDW......but my friend once found a little piece of clear plastic bag in his green beans at the 50's Primetime. :lookaroun So he discreetly alerted our "little sister" (in case his weren't the only beans with...er...extra fiber), and she instantly made it all better by letting the chef know and then bringing my friend a new entree, as well as comping his entire meal (which he never even asked her to do)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom