Anything new for 2011 ?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Also regarding 2011, is there really not going to be a 40th anniversary celebration? After seeing the merch in the park today I cant imagine them missing out on a big promotional promotion such as that. And the merch is pretty nice too, surely TDO isnt going to be that dumb when they could be using it to the advantage to draw guests. Its a bit early yet I know but couldnt at least a new parade still happen at MK by Oct?

there is supposed to be some D23 event centered around the 40th this spring, but an exact date hasn't been release. I think it is expected they will be announcing something. I sure hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they they say "MSEP is staying, STII is opening, and you have great new merchandise to choose from" as their announcements

JimboJones123

True, while it was a bit gawdy, it was very well done and major wow factor.

And it was clearly a temporary thing.

This is the reason Disneyland gets all the special attention. If the birthday cake happened there, it would be applauded for something interesting to spin the gates. At WDW it was universally hated. I don't know why. Because DL embraces special and unique events and promotions, they keep getting cool stuff while we whine about the stuff we do get. Sigh.

Disneykidder

I LOVED the castle cake. We got to see it 2 years in a row. I loved the way the towers swayed back and forth. Sure it was a pepto pink but it was innovative and definately made a statement.:) I also liked the pink too. :wave:

I was hoping for Fantasyland to be opened by this summer, too. We can't wait for Star Wars, though.

T-1MILLION

This is the reason Disneyland gets all the special attention. If the birthday cake happened there, it would be applauded for something interesting to spin the gates. At WDW it was universally hated. I don't know why. Because DL embraces special and unique events and promotions, they keep getting cool stuff while we whine about the stuff we do get. Sigh.

It was not the most attractive thing and I was not a big fan but I was not really bothered by it either. Back then there was actually tons of new attractions going on in what was still a really good era for the parks.

SeaCastle

You seriously believe Disneyland locals and AP'ers would openly embrace the transformation of their 55 year old castle and cultural icon into a birthday cake? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Disneylanders are much, much more passionate and purist when it comes to their parks than WDW fans are.

aladdin2007

It was not the most attractive thing and I was not a big fan but I was not really bothered by it either. Back then there was actually tons of new attractions going on in what was still a really good era for the parks.

Very true, the 20th and 25th celebrations were incredible. They put a lot of care and thought into those, it was very nostalgic. If they cant even do a new afternoon parade for the 40th in place of that current tired decade old thing thats running now (it has only four floats left in it I think maybe five?), then the greed and cheapness of the current TDO is shining loud and clear. Very sad. Of course I said IF, but its not sounding like anything is in the works beyond the new Star Tours and some merch.

TP2000

Perhaps. But the conventional wisdom on these boards for years has been that Disneyland is just a small, little locals theme park serving one faraway corner of the country, and hardly anyone visits that park who doesn't live within 50 miles of the place. :rolleyes:

(Nevermind the gazillion Aussie accents and Taiwanese tour groups and Japanese office ladies that flooded Disneyland this past Christmas season, on top of the usual hordes of pale tourists in shorts from a dozen other Western states and provinces.)

But really, it's proven somewhere, or someone maybe posted it once, that Disneyland only caters to locals from SoCal and so it naturally gets all the new stuff and all the seasonal overlays and all the extra goodies and refreshed attractions and better maintenance.

Now WDW is the giant global resort with all that land and resources, and so it gets....

A couple rehabs a year, a thousand new DVC units under construction, and, um... a Little Mermaid clone in 2012. :veryconfu

Captain Chaos

Perhaps. But the conventional wisdom on these boards for years has been that Disneyland is just a small, little locals theme park serving one faraway corner of the country, and hardly anyone visits that park who doesn't live within 50 miles of the place. :rolleyes:

(Nevermind the gazillion Aussie accents and Taiwanese tour groups and Japanese office ladies that flooded Disneyland this past Christmas season, on top of the usual hordes of pale tourists in shorts from a dozen other Western states and provinces.)

But really, it's proven somewhere, or someone maybe posted it once, that Disneyland only caters to locals from SoCal and so it naturally gets all the new stuff and all the seasonal overlays and all the extra goodies and refreshed attractions and better maintenance.

Now WDW is the giant global resort with all that land and resources, and so it gets....

A couple rehabs a year, a thousand new DVC units under construction, and, um... a Little Mermaid clone in 2012. :veryconfu

Can't ruin the once in a lifetime vacation now.... You know that... :)

gallerie

Maybe the biggest cheeses should move to Lake Buena Vista. That's why California gets so much attention

RSoxNo1

The good thing about the 25th anniversary was the song Remember the Magic. I think that song stuck in your head more than any daytime parade.

Jedi Wizard

Some other new things you will see compared to Sept 09:
Star Tours II 3D
Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun replacing Block party bash
Main Street Electrical Parade instead of Spectromagic
Maybe Captain EO instead of Honey I Shrunk the Kids in Epcot 3D
Sum of all Thrills (Opened in Oct 09)
Tangled Meet n Greet show where Story Time with Bell was.
The Magic, The Memories and You! show before Wishes now

Disneykidder

The good thing about the 25th anniversary was the song Remember the Magic. I think that song stuck in your head more than any daytime parade.

You said it! I can still hear that song now. I loved it and that's a good thing because it was everywhere!! I even bought the CD I loved it so much. Brian McKnight sang it on the CD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom