Anyone wanna review my itinerary?

Patrick G

My wife and I, along with our two 6-year-olds staying 9/3 to 9/10 at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Deluxe Dining Plan. We will not have our own transportation:

M- Arrive and eat dinner at Chef Mickey's
T- Magic Kingdom (B-Cindy's Royal Table, L-Liberty Tree Tavern, D-California Grill)
W- Sea World (B-'Ohana, L-Shark's Underwater Grill, D-T Rex Cafe)
Th- Epcot (B-Akershus, L-Coral Reef, D-La Hacienda)
F- Hollywood Studios (B-Hollywood & Vine, L-Sci Fi Dine in, D-50s Prime Time)
Sa- Animal Kingdom (B-Donald's Safari Bkfst, L-Rainforest Cafe, D-Crystal Palace)
Su- R&R (B-Boma, L-Sanaa, D-Boma)
M- Depart (B-Boma)

See any glaring issues? Is getting to breakfast and then to our park each day going to be a problem?

Stellajack

My wife and I, along with our two 6-year-olds staying 9/3 to 9/10 at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Deluxe Dining Plan. We will not have our own transportation:

T- Magic Kingdom (B-Cindy's Royal Table, L-Liberty Tree Tavern, D-California Grill)
Sa- Animal Kingdom (B-Donald's Safari Bkfst, L-Rainforest Cafe, D-Crystal Palace)
M- Depart (B-Boma)

See any glaring issues? Is getting to breakfast and then to our park each day going to be a problem?

First, Hi and welcome Patrick G. :wave:

You have chosen some really nice places to eat, but I'm questioning with two 6 yo's whether you have left enough time for the parks? Their excitement level for the attractions will be pretty high. You might want to change a couple of these sit-downs and grab something "on the run".

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Lots of eating!...Some good restaurant choices in there though.
Tip: We have made ADRs on our arrival date before & have found ourselves sprinting to the restaurant!...Needless to say, we don't make any ADRs on our arrival date anymore.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

Everything sounds great but you have alot of eating plans. I would recommend that you just get the basic dining plan. You still get a table service and quick service. Having two 6 year old kids.....they are gonna be so hyped. You want to make sure you leave enough time for them to enjoy rides and character meet and greets.

Upvote 0

Frances728

I will back you up!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

M- Depart (B-Boma)

I'd definitely agree with everyone that you're spending A LOT of time eating. A lot of people underestimate the amount of time it takes to eat at the sit-down restaurants but it can be quite a while sometimes. I would suggest NO MORE than 2 on any given day, one would be preferred. In addition to a lot of time, it's really just a lot of food. I would be surprised if your reservations are far enough apart for you to even be ready for another big meal. You have a couple of choices,
1. Cancel the majority for your ADRs and eat the rest on-the-go.
2. Downgrade to the Regular Dining Plan which will make it easier to eat less (since the plan gives you less food).

You do have some great reservations in there. Happy planning and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

addcogulf

I agree. I think you should save money by switching to the basic dining plan and eat some fast meals because the traveling time between resturants and the time eating will leave you no time to enjoy the parks and you wont even be hungry enough to enjoy the resturants.

Upvote 0

pop lover

I think you should also swith to the regular dining and add ohanas there instead of Boma. We did Boma last year and was not fond of it but loved Ohana's and they also do activities with the children throughtout your meal like my son was sweeping coconuts with a broom around the restaurant he had a ball and we have it added again for our stay in May. The food was fantastic and they keep coming with more and more if you want it. We didn't find the food very tasty at Boma.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Your plan looks great but have to agree with everyone that you have way too much food. Do also do deluxe but we eat at signutare meal also everynight. There is NO way we could eat 3 full meals aday. Even if you do at home now the amount of food you get at each meal crazy. We like to use or snack credits for breakfast...a quick on the go meal. IE bowl/piece of fruit, pastry, ceral and a juice then do a sit down lunch and dinner. If we choose a big sit down breakfast then we use snack credit for a afternoon snack with a sit down dinner. So my suggestion would be change some ADR and move up and enjoy some 2 credit meals (Jiko, Yachtsman, Artist Point) or down grade your plan and enjoy some Quick service meals. Trust me with 3 meals a day by day 3 you will not want to look at food anymore!!!! Good luck and have an awesome trip.

Upvote 0

latina44870

This topic is interesting to me because we are taking out first ever disney world trip in 43 days! april 18-24th. We got the deluxe dining too. We are used to eating 3 meals a day and a snack. So figured it would be best to get deluxe dining. Here is where we are eating:

Day 1- lunch - counter service or resort (around 2pm)
Dinner- Chef mickeys 6:55pm

Day2- Breakfast- light breakfast at resort
Lunch- Trex Cafe 11am
Dinner- Akershus 6:55pm

Day 3- Breakfast- Hollywood and Vine 9:05am
Lunch- thinking maybe pizza planet
Dinner- Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic dinner package 6pm

Day 4- Breakfast- Crystal Palace 9:25am
Lunch- Cindy's Castle 1:30pm
Dinner: Crystal Palace 7:10pm

Day 5- Breakfast- Tusker House 9:10am
Lunch- counter service
Dinner- Rainforest Cafe 6:45pm

How does that sound? I know everyone says it is a lot of food.. BUT I am diabetic so need to eat every 4-5 hours or I get low blood sugar and I cant eat a lot at one sitting or it will be high blood sugar for me. So even at the buffets etc I'll only be eating 1 plate.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

I agree with everyone else. My family and I have done the regular dinning the past 6 years in a row. And by the 3ed day we are tired of all the food. I could not imagine having 3 sit down meals a day. Also, you will be spending a lot of time waiting for tables even with resies. Eating my be your family's thing, but I would not want to use up all my park/ride time eating.

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

M- Depart (B-Boma)

Good for you, quite a schedule there! Someone likes Boma! Two 6 year olds however, they are at that age where wanting to fly from ride to ride and show to show will be first on their minds, food an afterthought. Perhaps scale it back to the regular dining plan?

For example, Tuesday at CRT between arrival, check in, pictures, sit down, eat and leave, you can spend close to 2 hours there. It'll be close to time for Liberty. More importantly, I find i would be stuffed after leaving CRT since they bring you as much as you want. This day would be better served with something quick for lunch perhaps to tide you over until the big dinner.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

This topic is interesting to me because we are taking out first ever disney world trip in 43 days! april 18-24th. We got the deluxe dining too. We are used to eating 3 meals a day and a snack. So figured it would be best to get deluxe dining. Here is where we are eating:

Day 1- lunch - counter service or resort (around 2pm)
Dinner- Chef mickeys 6:55pm

Day2- Breakfast- light breakfast at resort
Lunch- Trex Cafe 11am
Dinner- Akershus 6:55pm

Day 3- Breakfast- Hollywood and Vine 9:05am
Lunch- thinking maybe pizza planet
Dinner- Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic dinner package 6pm

Day 4- Breakfast- Crystal Palace 9:25am
Lunch- Cindy's Castle 1:30pm
Dinner: Crystal Palace 7:10pm

Day 5- Breakfast- Tusker House 9:10am
Lunch- counter service
Dinner- Rainforest Cafe 6:45pm

How does that sound? I know everyone says it is a lot of food.. BUT I am diabetic so need to eat every 4-5 hours or I get low blood sugar and I cant eat a lot at one sitting or it will be high blood sugar for me. So even at the buffets etc I'll only be eating 1 plate.

You might need to eat 4/5 time a day but with the deluxe you get an appitizer, your meal and a dessert. I am sure at home you 4/5 meals are not this large. Lots of small meals. Most of the items on this menus are things you would not want to take with you or can't be save for later. I would just suggest you think about this very hard and take a look at the menus at the places you plan to visit and see if the deluex will work. I would just hate for you to pay for this plan and then have lots of left over credit you dont use. I think i would rather down grade and pay out of pocket (if need be) to get those need snack to keep your sugar level. Good luck and I am sure which ever way you choose to go you will have a awesome trip!!!

Upvote 0

halokitty86

I would recommend getting the regular Dinning plan since it's free.We got the deluxe last year and it's just too much food. Also kids aren't usually interested in eating while in the parks, they just want the rides, so it's more convenient to get quick service during the day and stick with the kid friendly restaurants for dinner. And each table service meal will take at least an hour or more from your day at the park. Good luck and have fun on your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

phlydude

That is a lot of food - even when I was a huge dude @ 500+ pounds, the food offered on the 1 sit down, 1 counter service, 1 snack plan was a LOT of food for me.

Yeah, scale it down and see about changing your resort if you feel you are paying to much...you can change it pretty much without penalty (as long as there is availability) up until your final payment is due.

Upvote 0

jackson2005

Sit downs take a lot of time out of your day. Unless you are big eaters, you could share a quick serve meal and just eat twice and then have 1 sit down. I wish they offered you a way to upgrade a couple of your quick serves. To jump to 3 sit downs a day is way too much time eating.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

I repeat what most the others are saying...

If you sit-down for all/most of your meals, you're spending a lot of extra time eating and you're eating a lot more than you probably do in your normal, day-to-day life.

On a normal day, we would usually get breakfast at our hotel - using a snack credit often. Then, we'd have a lunch for counter-service and a dinner for table-service (or vice-versa, depending on where/when we could get reservations). Even on that more limited dining schedule, we still were eating A LOT more food than our normal, day-to-day life.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom