Anyone know how they pick people for "additional security screening" at the airport??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim G

BTW

While I'm allowed to use the Biometric Eye Scan after International flights... with (almost) no lines at all, I've never been asked to take my shoes off... :D
But if they would ask, I would do so...

TTATraveler

Corrus said:
And I have no problems in removing my shoes...

Neither do I, but why should I take them off in the first place, If it is not required? Taking shoes off really doesn't accomplish much but slow things down. My sneakers come on and off easy since they have the elastic type laces which I never touch so the only incconvenience I experience is at the belt where everyone is trying to fumble around to put their shoes back on and gather their belongings.

TAC

Corrus said:
We've got experts for people like you, they'll put you in the funny farm, or another happy home with lots of nice people with nice white coats... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

But until then... ease down :D :lookaroun

hy·per·bo·le ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l) n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

TAC

TTATraveler said:
I want my Tyvek suit to have the built in booties. I don't want to be walking barefoot on the dirty terminal floor:D:lol::lol:

You should also ask for a pair of rubber gloves. Who knows what you've been touching. :D:lol::lol:

TTATraveler

TAC said:
You should also ask for a pair of rubber gloves. Who knows what you've been touching. :D:lol::lol:

I'll bring some nitrile gloves from work. They are chemically resistent to most things.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Corrus said:
And I have no problems in removing my shoes...
Corrus, you know I have an incredible amount of respect for you...

... but I have a problem with being forced to remove my shoes.

mkt

Premium Member
Corrus said:
BTW

While I'm allowed to use the Biometric Eye Scan after International flights... with (almost) no lines at all, I've never been asked to take my shoes off... :D
But if they would ask, I would do so...
I'm allowed to use it for all flights... gotta love the clearcard ;)

mkt

Premium Member
Alright. My last comment in this thread before I leave. The TSA is a govenment agency with rules and regulations. Many of the TSO's do not follow the rules, and instead make up their own policies.

When a government doesn't follow its own rules, we are living in a tyranny.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
Neither do I, but why should I take them off in the first place, If it is not required?
Because they asked u to. If u don't have a problem with it, why not just do it? If it's no trouble...:dazzle:

TTATraveler said:
Taking shoes off really doesn't accomplish much but slow things down.

I find it both hilarious and baffling that someone can be so annoyed that taking off shoes "takes up time" (about 10 seconds) and really "just holds up the line", yet they have no trouble taking 15 seconds to complain about the shoe request, requesting a supervisor and waiting for them to come, going off to the side to have their shoes swabbed, etc...

12 minutes later...

anyone else think that makes no sense??? :confused:

TTATraveler

jozzmenia said:
Because they asked u to. If u don't have a problem with it, why not just do it? If it's no trouble...:dazzle:

I find it both hilarious and baffling that someone can be so annoyed that taking off shoes "takes up time" (about 10 seconds) and really "just holds up the line", yet they have no trouble taking 15 seconds to complain about the shoe request, requesting a supervisor and waiting for them to come, going off to the side to have their shoes swabbed, etc...

12 minutes later...

It is the principal behind the request, not the physical request. It clearly states in bold on the TSA's website that it is not required!

I only travel a couple times a year and actually until this thread came along, I didn't realize that the shoes off deal wasn't required. That is what annoys me the most. All along I had been removing my shoes as asked on occasion depending on which airport was going to require it. However, now that I know that the TSA does not require this, why should I remove my shoes??

Would you remove your underwear if a some wierdo TSA with a fetish agent asked you to?

wannab@dis

jozzmenia said:

12 minutes later...

That's how it appears to me, also. But, each to their own. I just hope they're in front of me on my next flight so we can all stand around and make fun and laugh at them. :D

wannab@dis

TTATraveler said:
It is the principal behind the request, not the physical request. It clearly states in bold on the TSA's website that it is not required!

I only travel a couple times a year and actually until this thread came along, I didn't realize that the shoes off deal wasn't required. That is what annoys me the most. All along I had been removing my shoes as asked on occasion depending on which airport was going to require it. However, now that I know that the TSA does not require this, why should I remove my shoes??

Not everyone will know if there is some metal in their shoes. Not everyone has looked at the policies and know for sure if they need to have their shoes off. Asking everyone to remove their shoes is just a simple way of treating everyone fairly, not having to individually inspect every person's shoes to see if they can leave them on and trying to speed the whole process up. If everyone would just remove their shoes without acting like ACLU brats, the whole process would work better. It's not a conspiracy... it's simply the easiest and most efficient way to get people through security quicker. God forbid they want to keep the inconvienance to a minimum.

Grow up.

TTATraveler said:
Would you remove your underwear if a some wierdo TSA with a fetish agent asked you to?
:brick:

jozzmenia

Original Poster
maelstrom said:
Do you do everything you're asked to? If the TSA asked you to remove your pants, would you?

NO. I am courteous and cooperative though, so if someone asks me to do something that is relatively simple, and will cause no harm or trouble for me, and will actually make things easier for me in the long run, yes, then I will do what I am asked every time. I don't just make trouble just because "I can".

Do u REFUSE to do everything that's asked of u just because u have a legal right to do so?

If not, then why refuse this just because u can??? :veryconfu

jozzmenia

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:

If u were doing it fine and without trouble, why would u stop just to make trouble now??? :drevil:

TTATraveler said:

Do u really think that removing your underwear is the same as removing your shoes? :brick:

Here's an analogy that makes more sense, which may answer your question "why should i remove my shoes if I'm not required too"...In a restaurant I pay for my food with a $20 and it costs $3; they say they're low on ones and ask if I have any ones. I say "yes i do but I have a legal right to pay with a $20 so that's what I'm paying with." :p... I'm 6 foot tall and a little old lady in a grocery store asks me if I can reach something on the top shelf and get it for her. I say "Yes, I can reach it fairly easily, but I have no legal obligation to do that for u, so I am going to exercise my right to not do so. Why should I get this for u if I'm not required to?" :rolleyes: .... I go to a football game and start swearing loudly and a parent asks if I will please stop because her children are nearby. I say, "I could, but our jurisdiction has no law in place that requires me to do so and it is not the stadium's policy so I will exercise my right to do so."

At some point, certain behavior stops making a statement and just makes u seem like a jerk.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Not everyone will know if there is some metal in their shoes. Not everyone has looked at the policies and know for sure if they need to have their shoes off. Asking everyone to remove their shoes is just a simple way of treating everyone fairly, not having to individually inspect every person's shoes to see if they can leave them on and trying to speed the whole process up. If everyone would just remove their shoes without acting like ACLU brats, the whole process would work better. It's not a conspiracy... it's simply the easiest and most efficient way to get people through security quicker. God forbid they want to keep the inconvienance to a minimum.

Grow up.

:brick:

Well, you're not the eloquent sugar-coater that I am :animwink: , but the sentiment is still the same. :cool: Excellent points. How Soviet Union came up is beyond me. :rolleyes: IT'S SHOES!!! :dazzle:

maelstrom

We can all exercise that right, whether it makes us look like a jerk or not. I refuse to do things that are asked of me if I'm under no legal obligation to comply and I feel personally that complying is un-necessary, annoying, goes against my beliefs, etc. If a restaurant asked me for ones, I'd try my best to pay with smaller bills if I could. If an elderly person asked me to reach something for them, I would if I could. If a parent asked me to stop swearing, I probably wouldn't. I enjoy my freedom of speech. I also enjoy the freedom to not take my shoes off when directed to by persons with no real authority. And speaking of behaviours that make people look like jerks, why is it so hard for you to accept that people don't want to take their shoes off? People have their reasons for everything they do. Me not taking my shoes off doesn't hurt you. If it inconveniences anyone at all, it's me, so it's really no concern of yours or anyone else. If you want 1984 to become a reality, just keep going along like a herd of sheep. But some of us don't want that, and we will exercise our rights.

jozzmenia

Original Poster
maelstrom said:
I refuse to do things that are asked of me if I'm under no legal obligation to comply and I feel personally that complying is un-necessary, annoying, goes against my beliefs... If a restaurant asked me for ones, I'd try my best to pay with smaller bills if I could. If an elderly person asked me to reach something for them, I would if I could.

So taking off shoes is against your beliefs? :lookaroun

I'm trying to figure out the difference. If u refuse to do what is asked of u if you're not legally obligated, then why give the ones or help the lady? Isn't it the same thing? You're willing to cooperate and/or be nice at random times I take it? :(

wannab@dis

maelstrom said:
If a parent asked me to stop swearing, I probably wouldn't. I enjoy my freedom of speech. I also enjoy the freedom to not take my shoes off when directed to by persons with no real authority.

Enjoy your life... you won't get very far with that attitude. Of course, it appears you haven't left adolescence based on your quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom