Anyone in December?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Room Only reservations do not have to be paid at all until you arrive at the hotel, they just need a one-night's deposit. Only Package reservations have to be fully paid before the trip.

-Rob

You are correct as only packages must be paid in full 45 days in advance, but they still send a simple welcome package for room only reservations about 30 days in advance, at lease they did ours this past summer.

Rob562

You are correct as only packages must be paid in full 45 days in advance, but they still send a simple welcome package for room only reservations about 30 days in advance, at lease they did ours this past summer.

Yup. I was just trying to dispel the incorrect presumption that paying off your reservation had anything to do with getting access to customizing your MagicBand.

-Rob

Amy Shelton

Is there a way you can go ahead and get the Magicbands shipped to you? or do you have to wait the however days left you have to customize them? Am I missing something?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
As a sort of update to this... even though I was able to do the FP+ and MB customization weeks ago (as referenced earlier)... I got the official e-mail to join the test this weekend. It has a different date to do my bands by but MDE still shows I have until 11/1. Interesting and makes me wonder if I'll get two sets as many others have. LOL

TheMouseFan

As a sort of update to this... even though I was able to do the FP+ and MB customization weeks ago (as referenced earlier)... I got the official e-mail to join the test this weekend. It has a different date to do my bands by but MDE still shows I have until 11/1. Interesting and makes me wonder if I'll get two sets as many others have. LOL
No, you won't. I got my letter the day before my bands were delivered to my door and it had a different date also. When I got online to see what the deal was, it had a pop up saying to customize them, but when I clicked on it, it took me to the screen where you can manage the status of your bands.

Ariel484

I posted this in the Christmas Week thread and am pasting it here...

For whatever reason I was able to get some of my FP+ selections in yesterday...my 60-day mark is today but it's sort of become a habit for me to check each morning and there they were. I'm not sure if it's because I have an AP (which expires January 10 or something) or what. But since I wasn't at 60 days there was no online check-in option so apparently you don't have to check in online to get the FP+ selections going (again, probably because we have APs).

WHAT A PAIN this system has been for me today. :mad: It's been like pulling teeth!

First issue - and I think we all already know this - MDE is slow as molasses.

Second - it occasionally told me that the members of my party (me and husband) have exceeded our maximum number of FP+ for the type of tickets we have. Most of the time I'd close out of the window I was in and re-open and it would then let me select FP+. :confused: Oooookay? Eventually I was able to get FP+ for every day of our trip except for the last 2 days based on the "type of tickets associated with my MDE account" or something. Again, we both have APs that don't expire until the week after we're leaving, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Oh, and it also didn't tell me that I was not allowed to get the FP+ until I'd already clicked through the 5-6 screens on the slooooooow sight...so I selected the rides and times and just when I thought I had them done it popped up saying that I'd reached my max limit. :mad: Giant waste of time. I'll be curious to see if these last couple of days open up later this week.

Third - Some of the FP+ and changes I made don't show up in my itinerary on the MDE site, which makes me nervous that they didn't go through. But then I check it in the app on my phone and act like I want to change the times and the correct ones that I want show up there! This is concerning because it's not like ADRs where you have a confirmation number to prove that it actually exists. I think the best I'll be able to do will be to take screenshots of the correct times in the app each day, but that might not matter if they don't translate to the band.

And lastly (not as big of a deal) there aren't any Illuminations fastpasses up yet. I think I heard those will pop up sometime in November.

I don't think this will make or break my trip or anything (I REFUSE to let it ruin the trip if things don't work well) but these issues are frustrating.

Today was my 60-day mark and I did online check-in hoping that I'd be able to book those last 2 days...no dice. I'll be giving Disney a call tonight. :rolleyes:

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I am sorry for your bad experience @Ariel484 but I am selfishly happy in knowing I had none of the issues you describe and it was seemless for me. It was also pretty quick which surprised me as well. I know I've heard some issues for AP holders and I'm betting it's something in the system that isn't working properly when it isn't a true "package." Something they definitely have got to fix BUT they aren't live yet, it's still in test, so I personally am not shocked at all. Here's hoping the discrepancies you see work in your favor and not the other way around!

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
It sounds like it will be what it is now until after Jan 1. FP+ for on-site guests, paper FP for everyone else.

-Rob

We stayed onsite in October and got our Magic Bands and linked Florida Resident Seasonal passes. We are staying offsite in December but were able to make FastPass selections!

G8rchamps

I posted this in the Christmas Week thread and am pasting it here...

Today was my 60-day mark and I did online check-in hoping that I'd be able to book those last 2 days...no dice. I'll be giving Disney a call tonight. :rolleyes:

How many days are you going- I think AP's cn only get like 7 days on a row of FP selections. I hope they are able to help you out. Have a great trip regardless!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom