Anyone in December?

cslafferty

Ya know, I really don't mind being limited to 3 FP per day - if their theory works and it reduces the wait times in standby lines. I just wish they all didn't have to be at one park. The only one I really want at DHS is TSMM. If I could so that one and TT and Soarin' at Epcot in one day, I'd be happy. I think that may come back to bite Disney because I've heard many say "why bother paying for a park hopper ticket if all of your FP+'s in one day have to be in the same park?"

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Ya know, I really don't mind being limited to 3 FP per day - if their theory works and it reduces the wait times in standby lines. I just wish they all didn't have to be at one park. The only one I really want at DHS is TSMM. If I could so that one and TT and Soarin' at Epcot in one day, I'd be happy. I think that may come back to bite Disney because I've heard many say "why bother paying for a park hopper ticket if all of your FP+'s in one day have to be in the same park?"

I'm pretty sure that FP+'s across multiple parks on the same day will be part of v2.0 of the MM+ system. You have to learn how to walk before you can run, which also applies to software. Park hopping has to be a cash cow for WDW so they're not going to do stuff purposefully to make people less likely to pay for it.

Innkeeper's Club

Earlier today I was finally able to customize my bands using the My Disney Experience iPhone App for my December 2013 trip. Prior to that I was not able to do it on my computer, despite seeing the MagicBand section and etc. The funny thing is after doing it on the App, now on my computer it lists that I ordered them when I log on from there. Finally I have also not done online check-in if that makes any difference.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ok... This will be posted in 2 other threads.....

I was able to finally link my Premier AP yesterday after a marathon phone session. The 1 hour and 21 minute phone call has yielded a correct "entitlement" in all systems. This means I was able to set up FastPassMinus times for my family vacation just nine days before arrival.

I am hoping that the "entitlements" travel to all 3 Magic Handcuffs I have been issued over the course of my 2 weeks of Disney "bliss". I will approach this trip with an open mind when it comes to MyMagicMinus as I have stated elsewhere. I will be sure to give honest feedback of this current "enhancement" to my vacation experience.

*1023*

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure that FP+'s across multiple parks on the same day will be part of v2.0 of the MM+ system. You have to learn how to walk before you can run, which also applies to software. Park hopping has to be a cash cow for WDW so they're not going to do stuff purposefully to make people less likely to pay for it.
I have to 2nd this as being (thus far) the ONLY thing I really dislike about FP+. I am ok with being limited to 3, that doesn't concern me, but especially since Disney offers Park Hopper tickets, it seems limiting FP+ selections to one park each day flies in the face of their own system. I am hoping you are right @safaribob and that in the future that will change. For me, that one thing did create a small bit of frustration mostly because my ADRs hop as much as we plan to (i.e. breakfast at MK but dinner at Epcot) and having to determine what attraction times to pick to make sure we could hop from one to another was tough.

Now, I will say, once I found the option where after you chose your selections you can go back in and completely change the times, that made it a LOT easier but... on the only day we could do Fantasmic, we are eating dinner at Epcot so I had to do FP+ selections at DHS in the AM, bounce to Epcot for dinner and then have to bounce back to DHS which isn't ideal for us (once we leave a park on a day we don't go back to it that same day y'know)? Sure we could've just done Fantasmic but that would've felt like a waste of a day of potential selections. If I could've done Fantasmic at night but chose two things at Epcot for earlier in the day, that would've been perfect. Still... as many have said... overall I'm really pleased and glad I got what I did. :)

darthspielberg

I don't really mind it. I planned on using the FPs where I knew I needed them most. For example, the second day of my trip, I am doing HS in the morning/afternoon, meeting my aunt for dinner at BoG, then doing the Christmas Party. Since FP isn't open for the Christmas Party, I decided to use my FP+ for the morning at HS. On Friday I really wanted to do Fantasmic, and I'll be at HS for an after hours event anyway, so I decided to book some Afternoon/Evening FP for HS.

KTaylor

We check in December 27 so today we are 66 days out and I just logged on to tell my parents what they have left to pay on the trip and we were able to customize our bands without checking in, having our trip paid in full, and with being outside of the 60 day window. I think its weird that you can customize bands without having your trip paid in full. DH and I have paid all of our trip but I told my dad the wrong amount the other day leaving their room with $50 left to pay and we were able to customize and ship.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
We check in December 27 so today we are 66 days out and I just logged on to tell my parents what they have left to pay on the trip and we were able to customize our bands without checking in, having our trip paid in full, and with being outside of the 60 day window. I think its weird that you can customize bands without having your trip paid in full. DH and I have paid all of our trip but I told my dad the wrong amount the other day leaving their room with $50 left to pay and we were able to customize and ship.
When you go to the Magic Band page now do you see a date they will ship? If not, I think then the difference is they let you customize but won't ship until you're paid in full. For example, I am paid, checked in and customized and I see a ship date of 11/1 (checking in on 12/2).

KTaylor

When you go to the Magic Band page now do you see a date they will ship? If not, I think then the difference is they let you customize but won't ship until you're paid in full. For example, I am paid, checked in and customized and I see a ship date of 11/1 (checking in on 12/2).
The only date we have is the 36 days to customize by November 26, 2013, but I didn't finish the customization because I'm waiting to see what names my parents want.

Ariel484

We've got our bands for our trip the first week of November and we aren't paid in full for that one (still have $150ish left to pay).

As far as our December trip (we ARE paid in full for that one), we're 67 days out and have 2 separate reservations. Long story short - hoped for a split stay, didn't get the second resort we wanted so ended up with 2 reservations at the same resort - hope we can stay in the same room! So I was able to customize bands for that stay over the weekend - 2 separate sets! Seems so wasteful. We have APs and right now can get FP+ up through 12/20, and I've logged in each day and watched the day creep up one by one, so I guess we'll be able to start picking out FP+ one week from tomorrow. To me it looks like I'd be able to pick FP+ without doing online check-in, but I'll probably do online check-in anyway so I can pick them for the whole week instead of one day after the other.

I'm not sure how I feel about the entire system as a whole but it should be VERY helpful for the week we're going. :D

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
We've got our bands for our trip the first week of November and we aren't paid in full for that one (still have $150ish left to pay).
Hmm! Well I stand corrected then and would have to agree that it seems a little odd to ship before someone has paid in full.

Ariel484

Hmm! Well I stand corrected then and would have to agree that it seems a little odd to ship before someone has paid in full.
I guess if you don't pay then they void the ticket, but that seems like a LOT of money wasted on shipping and bands to have a cancelled reservation.
Yep, I agree! o_O I'm very curious to know how much Disney is paying to ship these things...I mean, by the end of November we're going to have 3 sets (not complaining! :D), all shipped UPS priority or whatever in those really nice Incredibles boxes. They must have either found a way to accomplish this cheaply (I think I've heard the bands themselves don't cost that much to make) or they are super confident that the bands will make them a ton of money and think it's worth it. Who knows!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
We are at 61 days out, MB ordering is available as of today. We are not completely paid off, small token amount left that we typically pay off right at the 45 day mark in case we have to make any last minute changes. Online checkin will be available tomorrow and does not appear as a requirement for MB customization at this time.

Lord_Vader

They may now how the process enabled so you can customize but the bands are not shipped until you are paid off. There would be no cost to Disney by allowing guests to go ahead and customize without actually processing the orders until the account is paid in full.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
They may now how the process enabled so you can customize but the bands are not shipped until you are paid off. There would be no cost to Disney by allowing guests to go ahead and customize without actually processing the orders until the account is paid in full.
If you look above some folks not paid in full not only customized already but received them.

Lord_Vader

MB_1.jpg

Just an observation, after configuring the bands, the site now shows 30 days left to customize which I take to mean they will not ship until November 20th in my case, or 30 days before arrival which cooresponds to the time they normally send your welcome packet.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Just an observation, after configuring the bands, the site now shows 30 days left to customize which I take to mean they will not ship until November 20th in my case, or 30 days before arrival which cooresponds to the time they normally send your welcome packet.
Yep mine says I have until November 1st to customize at which time they'll ship. We arrive on 12/2. :)

Rob562

Room Only reservations do not have to be paid at all until you arrive at the hotel, they just need a one-night's deposit. Only Package reservations have to be fully paid before the trip.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom