Anyone in December?

MOUSEGIRL

Just spoke with Disney tech support and they said all resort guest will have magic bands and fast pass+ for December. You should get notification 28 days out. She also said to keep checking you may be able to update and select everything sooner.
BLT in 53 days.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Just spoke with Disney tech support and they said all resort guest will have magic bands and fast pass+ for December. You should get notification 28 days out. She also said to keep checking you may be able to update and select everything sooner.
BLT in 53 days.
Interesting thanks for sharing! I've spoken to them twice in the past week and was still being told testing ends 11/30 and they've got no information on December. It's funny how different your report is. I always wonder how/why that is possible. They should all be on the same page shouldn't they?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
@ExtinctJenn Tech support told me they had just released that info yesterday. I just wish they would hurry I want my fastpass+ and Magic Bands.
Which would actually make sense as Edna's video was added yesterday. I'll live with 28 days out... that's only 19 days away for me... but I'll keep trying between now and then because they often open things before they expect. :D

ABQ

OK, so maybe some hope for sooner rather than the 28 days out? Posted in another thread, but relevant.
Not sure if this was reported, but I just got off the phone with Guest Services and the cast member told me that Magic Bands will be rolled out at all the resorts starting October 23rd.

We shall see

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Ok so... from all the threads, including what @wdwmagic is reporting, here's what I'm summarizing:
  • Those being told MM+ rolls out to all resorts (fully) on 10/23 have a Cast Member who is answering the question of what resorts are included in testing, not when full live happens.
  • The Edna Mode training video went live yesterday indicating full live isn't too far away possibly.
  • Some CMs are reporting that those of us checking-in in December will be able to customize bands and make FP+ selections once we are 28 days out from check-in.
  • Though testing ends 11/30 officially, certain resorts appear to be doing MM+ for check-ins after that.
  • If you are checking-in in December and can't yet customize bands and/or make FP+ selections, keep trying because there's nothing official either way to say when/if we'll be able to!
My head is spinning... I'm done buying into rumors and "when I called they told me" and I'll only report back once I can personally do it! LOL :D

Hot Lava

I am pretty sure testing will be continuing until they roll it out. I've also seen a few people out there say they've gotten offered bands/FP+ for a December stay.

There really isn't any benefit from taking a month off.

Except that it gets crazy busy in December. AS others have said, the size of crowds for December seems like the best explanation for why they would take off December. Not saying they will, but it would not surprise me for this reason...with the fact that Disney's IT system is horrible.

Ben_since_1971

Based on all the new info, I am sticking with my prediction of December fully released week of October 28. Granted, that is 35 days out from my (and @Jenn's) check-in, but Disney has been known to release things a little early from time to time.

Amy Shelton

Does anyone know if there is any connection between checking in online or paying in full, as far as getting Magicbands? Or will they just come to whomever?

Tinkerfan4ever

I am checked in online, paid in full with tickets linked and 54 days out from Coronado Springs. No such luck for magic bands as of yet, so I don't believe that increases your chances whatsoever. (I wish it was though!)

TheMouseFan

Does anyone know if there is any connection between checking in online or paying in full, as far as getting Magicbands? Or will they just come to whomever?
I was not paid in full when I was able to do mine for our November trip, so I don't think it has to do with anything other than the date you are scheduled to check in.

darthspielberg

Yeah, I was worried about that before I had paid my final payment, but I don't think it matters, since I still don't have access even after paying in full and checking in.

stevehousse

Being payed in full does not matter at all! For those going during sept and November, I do know that once u did your online check in all those options opene up. There was even a glitch to get it for some people to show like myself! I had to "redo" the online check in process and after that second time it allowed me to book FP and bands...

RSD Part Deux

I check in on Dec 1 for a 2 week stay on BWV. I checked in online a few days. I have been checking every day and just now I notice I can customize magic bands and make FP+ selections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom