Anyone here receive any Year Of A Million Dreams prizes?

mpeters

Winners

We went to WDW in July of this year and won twice. The first is coming off of Splash Mountian where we won the lanyard and pin sets. The second is when we were first in line to see Mickey at camp Minnie Mickey in AK. We got to spend a half hour with Mickey Minnie Donald and Goofy. We got a family photo shoot and a "First Family of the Day" certificate all signed by the characters. My twin 3 yr old sons were in heaven. It was a very very nice start to the day. The CMs said it is near impossible to get a picture with all those characters at once. Very Nice

stevediesel

I won YOAMD Mouse Ears our very first day of our trip about three weeks ago. They were in Innoventions & were just waiting for people to walk by to give them away. A couple days later we won Dream Fastpasses for AK when getting off Expedition Everest. This was my brothers first trip to the world so he though this sort of stuff happens to everyone all the time! He was a bit disappointed when we didn't win anything the rest of our trip.

mdjbenkert

We have not won anything on our past trips. Granted my parents both work for the Mouse, so I don't think we could have accepted any of prizes. :(

PhilharMagician

Spent 48 days in the parks since the start of the promotion and have not won anything. Matter of fact we have only seen the Dream Squad twice in the time. I must have the worst luck possible.:brick:

Let's hope on our 11 day trip in a few weeks we are a little luckier.

I have one fastpasses at AK and at DHS. The only problem I have a 3 year old and we can't go on any of the rides that the fastpass gives you access to. So each time I let me son pick some people and surprise them with the fastpasses. My 3 year old doesn't understand what he did but it sure makes you (the giver) feel great inside. So I guess I was a DREAMSQAD member!!!!!

pacochran

I personally gave out at least 8,000+ Dream Fastpasses and 6,000+ Ears and Pin/Lanyard Sets as well as 7 stays at the Cinderella Suite, a couple Food and Wine and Supersoap packages and got to watch one person win the Disney Cruise. :cool:

How fun for you! That must make you feel great.

DisneyWales

We got Dream lanyard and badges last Christmas.

We were in the library on ToT, they split us into a group, and after the pre-show announced that we "were in the right place at the right time".

Kinda cool, as i didn't think we would ever win anything, we tend to get to the parks no earlier than say 1/2pm, since we have been so many times, we prefer to kinda get lunch and stay for the shows etc. Most dreams are given out earlier in the day so i was very surprised.

I've spoken to a few cast about it, and they loved the idea, some smaller things I've seen are kids given free ice-screams and stuff.

Not pulling the sexuality card, but me (26) and my BF (34) never seem to be picked for these kinds of things, it doesn't bother me that much, but i can imagine what we much look like to some people walking around together at times. So i think we sometimes get avoided to avoid the questions being asked.

The number of times people have asked if hes my Dad :lookaroun, But i look a little older now, so it doesn't seem to happen as much lol.

ljs1691

My dh and I received an extra hour in the MK when exiting Buzz and then received ears when exiting SM all within about 15 minutes. No Kids in our group. Just in the right place at the right time. This was mid Sept this year. I had those ears on all day and loved every minute of it.

Laura

Premium Member
We have won the pin lanyards with 2 pins, dream parking at Animal Kingdom, and I won "guest of the hour" at Flame Tree BBQ and got a free cupcake. :lol:

matt88mph

I got my YOMD prizes in Disneyland this past summer. It was my birthday (8/14), so I was decked out in my birthday pin from Guest Services and a 1st Visit pin (since it was the first time I'd been to Disneyland). We were heading from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, when we were stopped by a member of the Dream Squad and asked about how we were enjoying the park and if we had seen Fantasmic yet. Since we hadn't, we were given access to a special seating area with a wonderful view of the show. When Fantasmic ended, we were told to stay where we were because the fireworks would be starting soon, and we had an awesome view of the fireworks! As we were leaving, another Dream Squad member spotted my birthday hat my folks were leaving (a birthday cake with light-up candles), and he gave me an exclusive pin with Tinkerbell on it. That had to be the best birthday I've ever had.

LoriMistress

DH and I won some "unofficial dreams" but we won three official YOMD prizes. We won two times at AK (on different days) and once at MGM/DHS. We won the first time at MGM/DHS at ToT in the pre-show area for ultimate FPs around 9-10am. The next day at AK we won another ultimate FPs at the trek where the tigers, birds, and other animals are located around 9-10am. Another time at AK around 9-10am we won landyard and pins where the gorillas are located.

VT GAL

I personally gave out at least 8,000+ Dream Fastpasses and 6,000+ Ears and Pin/Lanyard Sets as well as 7 stays at the Cinderella Suite, a couple Food and Wine and Supersoap packages and got to watch one person win the Disney Cruise. :cool:

That is so awesome!!!! I couldn't imagine how much fun that would be!!!! But then again I am sure that you have had to deal with sour grapes, too...

I have been 4 times during the YOAMD and I havent' won anything, but it is tons of fun watching the faces of those that have!!!!

Soarinrulz

My family and I won the YOAMD ears while we were exiting Haunted Mansion. We were the first ones that day. So maybe that was the random reason why the picked us.

mitchk

My wife, and I won Dreamfastpasses at DHS on September 22nd. We got to the park at 10:00am, and headed to TSMM to get a FP, and the return time was 1:30 - 2:30:eek:. We were pretty upset, but what can you do?:shrug: So we headed over to Muppet Vision 3-D, and as we walked through the alley near the New York set, we saw Dreammakers handing Dreamfastpasses to the family in front of us. I turned to my wife, and said "So close, but so far, I never win anything" As I was saying this one of the Deammakers approached us, and handed us Dreamfastpasses (as well as the family behind us). We were so happy,:sohappy: we went right back to TSMM, and got right on. We also had reservations at Mamma Melrose for 12:30, so after we ate, we got to go on TSMM again. Good times :)

MGMBoy

That is so awesome!!!! I couldn't imagine how much fun that would be!!!! But then again I am sure that you have had to deal with sour grapes, too...

I have been 4 times during the YOAMD and I havent' won anything, but it is tons of fun watching the faces of those that have!!!!

Oh yeah...I have PLENTY of stories. They'll be making their way on here at some point I can assure you. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom