anyone have any REAL IDEA when Annual Passes will come back..

disneygeek90

My point or yours? lol
My point was that there is no more spontaneity at all. Well during high traffic seasons.
Yours is that if get lucky you can go to the park you want? ;)
I mean the point of the system. That mechanism is so weird, especially if you aren't even showing up until after 2. The spontaneity is a big loss for everyone I think.

CntrlFlPete

I've spent a lot of time in south FL and just wanted to say that I know tons of APers in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties that stay on site when they visit. I imagine any AP that lives in the 3+ hour driving range most likely visit very differently than locals.

Being a local now, we are holding out, waiting to see if there is an AP program. I couldn't imagine visiting a park like Epcot (current state) w/o park hopper or an AP.

No clue when or if we will find out about an AP program so we won't be vising anytime soon

spock8113

"Walt Disney, Annual Passes, Magical Express, Fast Passes and MinnieVans"

What is what is not coming back anytime soon, if ever or until there is an "Under New management" sign at the gate.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
They don’t say?
"Finally, Potrock said that they are working on the program right now, and said that Disney will “clearly be launching something before the end of the year”. Potrock said that Disney is just now receiving the research and data from their earlier surveys, and will use that feedback to craft the Annual Pass options."

Sorry if it was vague in my message. I suppose he doesn't address WDW's AP but DL

DoleWhipDrea

IMHO I don't think that DLR's and WDW's AP programs will look the same. DLR will most likely come with more restrictions to curb the intense AP overcrowding that has been a problem for them since 2005. WDW may get a few changes to its program, but I think will mostly stay the same. There's a reason why WDW AP holders have been allowed to renew their passes in the midst of COVID while DLR firmly did away with the whole program to create something new.

correcaminos

It's buried deep in here but..

"And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "

Brad Bishop

The "Reservation Pass" seems like a very off-putting idea.

1) Now you have "one more thing" you have to do on top of all of the other bits you have to organize about going on a DL vacation (dining reservations / FP reservations (which you're paying for) / show reservations, etc).
2) If it's like all of the other reservations, you're going to have to plan 6 months in advance for when you want to use your AP because the park will be full - which kills the idea of paying $1400 for a "Magic Key" sort-of pass.

All this is really saying is that: They really need to build another resort (USA), possibly somewhere in the middle of the country to alleviate the people at their gates. The business is there. Of course, if they try to build a new resort you can bet people will protest it, no matter where they put it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom