anyone have any REAL IDEA when Annual Passes will come back..

disneygeek90

Not right now they can't. Which is why they allowing people to renew their passes but not selling new ones. They only like AP holders when they need them.
Or is it because they don't want to tighten the AP reservation pool any further? That's what I assumed. If they sell more passes there's even less availability on the schedule and they don't need to have phone lines jammed with more upset guests.

Jrb1979

Or is it because they don't want to tighten the AP reservation pool any further? That's what I assumed. If they sell more passes there's even less availability on the schedule and they don't need to have phone lines jammed with more upset guests.
Maybe at the beginning. Now I think they are waiting to implement a new AP program. One that costs more for less availability.

SamusAranX

All of it sounds too complicated. If they have capacity, they’ll want to fill it. I really, really don’t see why they would want to restrict APs when Universal down the street is welcoming with open arms. Remember, there is competition.
Because for years, WDWC has been increasing prices and paid add-on experiences while not increasing the respective value, or in some cases decreasing it. And people voted with their wallet, in the sense that they were ok with it; WDW just kept getting busier and busier.

Until consumers push back, WDW is going to continue increase prices and decrease value. When that "wall" is, who knows....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because for years, WDWC has been increasing prices and paid add-on experiences while not increasing the respective value, or in some cases decreasing it. And people voted with their wallet, in the sense that they were ok with it; WDW just kept getting busier and busier.

Until consumers push back, WDW is going to continue increase prices and decrease value. When that "wall" is, who knows....
...pin this

some other guy

honestly without the ability to go "hey, let's hit the parks" there's no real value to an AP for a local
the whole reservation system makes it a waste from my perspective

I had various light APs over the years, going back to the 3 Season Salute (later 4), straight-up AP, then eventually the Mon-Fri AP, and no small amount of usage was "lol I can go to Disney World, imma go do that"

Disstevefan1

I think those tires are over-inflated, if you ask me. There's nothing about Disney right now that demands a 20% premium over what the stock was 15 months ago. Nothing.
When TWDC started its streaming service, I was highly doubtful but I still signed up immediately for the three year deal, and I must admit, of the 5 or so streaming services I have, I am watching Disney+ the most, and more surprising, for its NEW content!

The theme parks, sadly, are becoming less significant to TWDC machine...

DisneyMusician2

I think those tires are over-inflated, if you ask me. There's nothing about Disney right now that demands a 20% premium over what the stock was 15 months ago. Nothing.
Actually many analysts are seeing the growth and large IP of Disney+ as being more valuable than the parks division at the moment and the stock is growing as if the company were netflix and growing new subscribers. The high stock price also reflects the addition back of profits when the parks division reopens. Disney's production studios are also producing new adult aimed content at a higher rate than they have in a decade and its garnering attention and success. I think we need to remember that even though the parks department has buoyed the financials of the company for years, this is a new era and people are seeing the company for more than the travel division in a digital and travel impacted environment.

Also, the AP program is MUCH more important in Florida than anywhere else due to the main DVC locations in WDW. I would argue that with the reduced capacity the company is ensuring AP holders get value by halting sales, as much as it pains me as I want mine back badly. I actually agree with a few of the unpopular decisions during COVID and think the company has handled many things well even though I've heavily criticized some of the pre-COVID moves. I'm interested to see what WDW really looks like after we're at 100% capacity.

Let the roasting begin :)

mfortis

We really want to come back to WD, possibly in the fall. . .but we want an annual pass so that we can come back in April of next year as well.. that trip we want to bring the grandchildren.. does anyone have some feel about the return of both Fast Passes and Annual passes.. if you don't know.. please no quips of the weather moon phase or anything else.. just good guesses or statements..
When the park restrictions are gone (aka COVID). With reduced capacity they only want park goers that will spend spend spend.
Maybe they come back with APs that have some sort of point system. The more you spend the more perks you get.

Brad Bishop

honestly without the ability to go "hey, let's hit the parks" there's no real value to an AP for a local
the whole reservation system makes it a waste from my perspective

The reservation system, which was unfortunately necessary, adds complexity on top of complexity for visiting guests.

Most were already complaining about how much that they have to plan:
- Dining reservations
- FP+
- Getting from point A to Point B in time for some reservation (Dining or FP+)

Now: a reservation system on top of that

Many have landed on, "This is too much work - I wanted a vacation."

At the same time, people still line up at the gates...

mfortis

The reservation system, which was unfortunately necessary, adds complexity on top of complexity for visiting guests.

Most were already complaining about how much that they have to plan:
- Dining reservations
- FP+
- Getting from point A to Point B in time for some reservation (Dining or FP+)

Now: a reservation system on top of that

Many have landed on, "This is too much work - I wanted a vacation."

At the same time, people still line up at the gates...
After a night of drinks around the world at Epcot , we ended up at the wrong park the next day. They would not let us in. It was already well afternoon. Told us if we upgraded to park hopper we could probably come in after 2 pm but it wasn’t guaranteed.

disneygeek90

After a night of drinks around the world at Epcot , we ended up at the wrong park the next day. They would not let us in. It was already well afternoon. Told us if we upgraded to park hopper we could probably come in after 2 pm but it wasn’t guaranteed.
I wanted to go to MK last night but they only opened evening availability at HS. So, I grabbed that, went to HS at 6:20, hung out there till 7 and was in MK by 7:40.

What was the point of that?

tpoly88

I just don’t think the volume of consistent Florida residents is problematic. Maybe they get away from the out of state AP? To me that’s where they really lose money, not the Florida resident that drops by Epcot for dinner when they otherwise would not.
I agree on that. My wife and I go at least once a month. We will go for lunch and go home or dinner. We also go to dinner at the hotels a lot as we had tables in wonderland which I hope they bring back. Majority of Fl residents I know don’t go to Disney nor will they so I don’t think they have to worry about a flurry of Fl APs

We really want to come back to WD, possibly in the fall. . .but we want an annual pass so that we can come back in April of next year as well.. that trip we want to bring the grandchildren.. does anyone have some feel about the return of both Fast Passes and Annual passes.. if you don't know.. please no quips of the weather moon phase or anything else.. just good guesses or statements..
I believe that AP will never return the way they were pre-covid. I believe they will take this opportunity to reset. I also believe, here me out, that they will make the AP more appealing to out of state and out of the US visitors. They spend more money in the parks, and stay longer than locals. I think someone will figure this out soon, if not already. Unless I completely misunderstand how the AP program works, which is possible. I

mfortis

My point or yours? lol
My point was that there is no more spontaneity at all. Well during high traffic seasons.
Yours is that if get lucky you can go to the park you want? ;)

I wanted to go to MK last night but they only opened evening availability at HS. So, I grabbed that, went to HS at 6:20, hung out there till 7 and was in MK by 7:40.

What was the point of that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom