Anyone have a firepit in their backyard?

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Anyone build a fire pit in their backyard? I'm finally going to do mine this weekend and already know what Im going to do; im just wondering if anyone else here has done one and how they did theirs. Of course, if you have any pics that would be great! :sohappy:

acishere

I'm currently shopping around for one that I can place on my table outside, since space is a premium on my deck. Hopefully I find one that can give off a nice warm glow and that smell that really reminds of fall. I'm not ready to give up spending nights on the deck just yet.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Nice. Im building mine in my back yard, similar to this::

picture.php

Then eventually finish putting my paver patio around it.

NYwdwfan

My neighbors have one (which is of no help to you...) and I LOVE when they use it and my windows are open - it smells like Rome is burning in my whole house! :D

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We had one built in with our patio. All stone, around 6 foot in diameter, 2 foot high, and of course a grade to lay over top of it (my father has three Eagle Scouts for kids so campfire cooking is HUGE). Nothing beats building up a teepee of logs and having people over for a cookout and lighting a fire. The best of luck to you. It will be one of the few house projects that you will fully enjoy and be glad you did it every time you utilize it.

acishere

Nice. Im building mine in my back yard, similar to this::

picture.php

Then eventually finish putting my paver patio around it.

I would love to have a patio area installed below the deck and have a fire pit there similar to that, but I need to wait till I have more money in the improve house budget. Which is filling slowly due to the money going to the pay for the whole house budget.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I would love to have a patio area installed below the deck and have a fire pit there similar to that, but I need to wait till I have more money in the improve house budget. Which is filling slowly due to the money going to the pay for the whole house budget.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Slowly we will be improving all over the house because of money. I would be using my whole tax return for most of it, but since we've dedicated a good chunk of that to our Disney trip next year, we'll have to go about the improving at a slower pace :D

Drbob31

I had one that was a literal "pit", with two layers of pavers around it before I moved. The store bought ones get the job done, but aren't nearly as cool.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Here is my finished fire pit I did this weekend! :sohappy:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The pics aren't the greatest but I think you can see it well enough. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom