Anyone experience

natolij02

Anyone experience the difference between standard and preferred rooms at pop. I am just wondering if it really is that big of a difference, and is there parking over closer to the standard rooms or is the parking all at the main lot.

wdwmomof3

Yes, and IMO it is very well worth it. You will be closer to the buses and food court. We stayed at Sports on our first trip, in a n/p room and it seemed like we walked forever to get to the bus each morning. If you are driving to the parks then it wouldn't be such an issue but you would still be further from the food court.

Upvote 0

Ravenclaw87

The one time I stayed at Pop it was in a standard room... and, honestly, it wasn't too far of a walk. We were on a first floor in the 80's, and the walk wasn't too bad. We were also right next to the "Computer Pool" (aka a rectangle...), which had its pros and cons.

I almost think it's worth it to walk a little further to save $100. And then you can spend that $100 on extra Mickey bars that you earn for walking further! :)

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I have stayed at Pop twice, May will be my third. Honestly, the way Pop is designed, no room is too far from the Legendary Hall.Disney learned from the mistakes of the AS resorts and deigned Pop better. You have to decide if the extra money is worth it to you. For me it definitely isn't.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Here is a map of the Pop, maybe it will help you decide. 60's is the preferred, btw.

PopCenturyMap2.gif

Upvote 0

brucie

I have stayed at Standard and Preferred at Pop, In my opinion it is worth it to be closer to the Bus stop, the main pool and the Dining!! It's true it's not that far of a walk to the standard rooms but after being in the parks all day being that little bit closer is a nice bonus!

Upvote 0

Rob562

This site shows the room layout of how a preffered & standard room looks like..

http://www.pixiedust-travel.com/PopCenturyResort.html

I'd like to know myself since I requested one as well..

Actually, what is shown at the link you gave are the layouts of a regular room and a King bed room. A preferred room isn't specificlaly a King bed room. The Standard vs. Preferred room depends on the room's location and how close it is to Classic Hall.

Here is a map of the Pop, maybe it will help you decide. 60's is the preferred, btw.

Actually, not all of the Preferred rooms are in the 60's buildings, and not all of the 60's rooms are Preferred. In fact, only 50% of the Preferred rooms are in the 60's buildings. The other 50% is split between 70's and 50's. And 1/3 of the 60's buildings are not Preferred rooms.

Here's a map that I found online that's marked up with where the Preferred rooms are at Pop:
http://willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_pop.pdf#page=02
So yes, they're the closest rooms to Classic Hall, but you're not guaranteed to be in the 60's.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom