Anyone ever meet anyone at WDW from your area?

careship

Does my son tripping Dan Marino count? Playing with famous footballs stars children? Riding RnRC with the Backstreet Boys so my son wouldn't tell anyone they were there?

Seriously though, last year in July we ran into one of my best friends that I hadn't seen but once or twice since his wife had passed away a couple years before. He had remarried, which I knew, to a wonderful lady who had kids the same age as his. We ran into eachother getting fastpasses for Kali River and we ended up spending a couple days with them. It was a blast. Now we see them all the time again here at home. Then in October we went with friends and we were all in Typhoon Lagoon and between us and our friends we ran into everyone we knew. It was too funny. however, we always say we have to be on our best behavior because we never go anywhere without running into someone we know. My dh made the comment, while waiting for an elevator in a hotel in Minnesota, I can do whatever I want here no one will ever know, they'll never see us again. The elevators opened and one of his long time customers stepped out of the elevator. It's been all downhill since then.

careship

MichRX7 said:
It's always fun to wear sports teams jerseys and see who comments. Last trip down I wore my Yzerman jersey one day to the MK. The morning started out as we walked toward the boat dock in FW and the boat skipper started yelling "Hurry up Steve..." It was early so it took me a moment to (duh) catch on. He was from Garden City, MI like me, but a bit younger. It was fun though the little comments you get all day long when you wear something like that.

When we would go in the summer we would almost always run into someone we knew or lived near us...now that we go a lot in early December it rarely happens.

My boys always wear there Red Wings stuff there too. It never fails we end up in long conversations with great people from here in Michigan. We are Grand Rapids area and the last time, we ran into a CM from Ada if I remember correctly.

MinnieMouse88

Last month, on the bus to Animal Kingdom, I scooted over to let a little girl sit down....Turns out she goes to my school and recognized me from helping out in the preschool. How weird is that?

Gucci65

Last summer while staying in Daytona, we decided to drive ove to MK for the day. We were walking past Jungle Cruise (on our way to get a Dole Whip) and ran right into my friend and her two kids (they were staying at the Poly). We had a dole whip together and then they left to go swimming at the hotel (it was too hot). I seen them 4 days later for the first day of cheerleading camp.

That was the only time I've ever ran into someone I know.

Dwarful

Ok we just got back in we were in line for autotopia in MK and we hear someone shout out my mom's name, then they yelled my brothers name, his wifes name...shouting out all 12 names in our group and we are all glaring into the sun to see who it is, turns out to be a good friend of my brothers who lives about 30 mins away.

Then we were in line for the bus back to the resort and I was talking to my husband about losing my favorite Blues announcer, the guys behind us said "hey are you from St.Louis?" and I said "Well, no actually we are from Illinois,but just across the Mississippi from St.Louis." so the one guy says "Really, I'm from Cahokia, but my brother here is from Peoria" and my mom says "Oh wow, my son is from Peoria, but we are from Godfrey" which is about half an hour or so from Cahokia. So weird!

SnowWhite5669

We always run into someone we know... Two years ago we were on the train at Magic Kingdom and a few cars in front of me was a Senator that I work with. This past April my husband was doing laundry at the Contemporary and he started to talk to this woman and one thing lead to another and it was the wife of the same Senator that I work with! My son has also ran into his principal in Downtown Disney. We usually run into someone from RI!

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I just thought of 2 more examples. One year we took along "Flat Stanley". He was a art project made by my then 6 yr old cousin and Stanley had to be photographed on his vacation so we took him to WDW. While at the airport we ran into a kid from her class that was also taking Flat Stanley with him. This past Jan my brother ran into one of his co-workers as we were getting on the bus for MK.

TAC said:
There is always that "6 degrees of separation" factor as well. :lookaroun

This isn't WDW related but a woman that works at one of the dr offices I work for was asking about my old job and when I told her she said "oh I know a woman named Ginger that works there". I just said "omg, yes I know her and I worked with her sister Heather there". Turns out they go to the same church. Now where are my 6 seperations from Clay??!! HEHE :lol:

flyersmv

i met sumone who live 2houses down from where i live now but 2 years b4 i moved in there....it was actually really weird :lookaroun

poohbear6103

Hi DisneyQueen,
That is so funny because even though I am from Buffalo Grove, I grew up in Lincolnwood and my parents still live there. I did a double take when I saw that city because no one ever knows where Lincolnwood is. Small world even on the forum :)

BriJul

We are from Utica NY. When we went down on our honeymoon in 2001 we met the Drummer in the band Kabang that plays at Pleasure Island. He lived in Utica for a while. Now we are friends and talk a few times a month to him and the other band members. They always hang out with us for a bit when we go down and are a great bunch of guys.

We have also met a waiter at Mom's at MGM that lived about 10 miles from us.

meekoman

When I was at Epcot a couple of weeks ago, I saw our UPS deliveryman. A couple of years ago when I worked for the Disney Store, I saw one of our regular customers who was also a Disney collector like myself. We almost got on the same TTA car until we recognized each other.

Invero

Lets see here... I've run into someone I hadn't seen since 5th grade... my first grade school bus driver (how ironic that now I was driving her)... an old co-worker from back home, TWICE... my aunt's friend from work... and through a random circumstance, I ran into someone who dated someone I used to date from back home, who was friends with someone who was dating someone I used to date from another part of the country.

Yeah... it truly is a small world.

Captain Hank

The last several times I went, I've run into several people I knew. When I went last year with my marching band, I saw my Spanish teacher in the parade crowd, and a guy that went to my school (and wasn't in the band) was getting on a Test Track car as we were getting out. Then, on my last trip, multiple marching bands from my area were all in WDW at the same time.

Also, I found out a teacher was going at the same time I was this last time, so we arranged to meet up in the AK. I guess that doesn't quite count.

bears163

hey i am also from PA and when we were at epcot i was wearing a shirt witht he Hershey Bears on it and a cm came up to me and said she was from Hershey.

Pippa

Yes! I have bumped into friends that I have performed with in local theatre in the Animal Kingdom. Spooky considering we are on a different continent!

WDWScottieBoy

phlydude said:
Wow, if that isn't butchered up then I don't know what is!

I've mentioned that to them before in a post and a PM to them and they still didn't change it. I was even nice enough to let them know the correct phrase.

[Kind of off topic here, but I was in Washington DC last week (saw someones avatar was from Arlington Nat'l Cemetary) and ran into a high school counselor, that was kinda freaky. I want to know where that memorial is because I don't remember seeing it there.] Sorry for the sidenote there.

a couple years ago at MVMCP we were in line to get our picture taken and one of the guys who was taking info from us looked at our zip code and commented that it was old one and we were talking about it and found out he actually live in the same neighborhood and we knew his parents but not him. very weird

DDuckFan130

phlydude said:
Wow, if that isn't butchered up then I don't know what is!

LMAO :lol: I'm sorry I just had to laugh because it really is butchered. It doesn't even make sense in Spanish. In Spanish that almost literally says "Please tolerate the emptiness of the door." :lol: :lol:. And he/she didn't spell monorail or conductor right and unfortunately he talks with the "IM" talk which is barely readable. He/she is 14 or 15 what can you expect?

imamouse

We were at WDW right before Christamas, 2002. :xmas: Earlier in the day, we were wondering what the odds were of running into someone we know, and then as soon as Illuminations was over, we turned around and there stood an entire family from our home town. So, what are the odds? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom