Anyone Else Worried About Monsters University?

Darth Tater

Original Poster
After Cars 2, I'm not completely fond of the idea of Pixar making sequels (outside the Toy Story-verse, that is). The M:U trailers/previews haven't really sold me yet on this film. What do you think? Will Monsters University be another success such as TS2 & TS3, or will it go down the path of no return like Cars 2?

Calvin Coolidge

All of the movies you mentioned made a lot of money, and sold a lot of merchandise. I suspect M:U will be the same.

As for quality...I was never particularly fond of the first Monsters movie, and I don't necessarily expect to be floored by this one. Though I do think it was smart to emphasize Mike in this movie, as, without his relationship with Boo, there's not much interesting about Sully.

kap91

I imagine that it'll be above average as far as computer animated films go, but its not looking like a Pixar classic.

Zman-ks

I think the fact that they've hyped this one so much indicates it may need "boosting".
75.gif

Or maybe just to trying to revive the brand....Monsters Inc came out a while ago.

Magenta Panther

I love Monsters Inc., but I just don't see the need for a sequel. But then I don't see the need for a sequel to Finding Nemo, and I didn't see the need for a sequel to Cars, etc. etc. etc.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
After Cars 2, I'm not completely fond of the idea of Pixar making sequels (outside the Toy Story-verse, that is). The M:U trailers/previews haven't really sold me yet on this film. What do you think? Will Monsters University be another success such as TS2 & TS3, or will it go down the path of no return like Cars 2?

I suspect it will bomb...badly. And it shows that their creative arm is distracted from new ideas, and instead trying to rehash old ones.

Planes in another example. Pixar isn't what it used to be...however, Disney Animation has some interesting things coming down the pike.

lazyboy97o

Planes in another example. Pixar isn't what it used to be...however, Disney Animation has some interesting things coming down the pike.
Planes is not being done by Pixar, but DisneyToon Studios, the group responsible for the direct-to-DVD releases and television shows.

Tiggerfanatic

I loved Monsters, Inc. Of course, I was working for a public utility and at the time of the movie's release, our CEO had been named CEO of the Year prior, and the next year had us heading into bankruptcy, so we all could relate to the whole conspiracry storyline.

That being said, I am looking forward to Monsters University.

wdwstateofmind

We were 2 of 4 people in the theater for the opening of Monsters, Inc. 3D and I live in the most densely populated area of the country....I hope Monsters U fares much better.

Sped2424

Im gonna have agree with you, when I heard they were doing a prequel I immediately lost interest it seemed kinda backwards to me for them to go back to the learning how to scare plot when the whole scaring issue was tackled in the second movie it just doesn't seem as interesting as a story and the trailers have yet to really impress me all that much.

Turtle

I suspect it will bomb...badly. And it shows that their creative arm is distracted from new ideas, and instead trying to rehash old ones.

PLANES IS NOT A PIXAR MOVIE. PLANES IS NOT A PIXAR MOVIE

jmorri26

PLANES IS NOT A PIXAR MOVIE. PLANES IS NOT A PIXAR MOVIE

It was actually a direct to dvd, rush job outsourced by Disney but last minute they decided to push to theatres to cash in on the marketing (see: Cars)
I can't say I'm looking forward to M:U. I liked Monsters Inc (prob my favorite Pixar film) but I think their idea well has shriveled and died. I more look forward to Disney Feature Animation. I'll perk up some for Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom