Anyone else have trouble fitting in the rides?

HS0411

Oh, and how about squeezing into the Coaster Simulator at Disney Quest??? That made me understand how sardines feel...

I'm 6'3" 325lb.

I couldn't ride it, because I didn't fit. But they made up for it with some sort of "Fastpass" for any attraction of my choosing. We of course played the POTC game again.

Other than that, PPF & HM I always seem to hit my head. And PW with someone as big as me was not the most comfortable ride in my life!

But I'm not going to complain. I have Six Flags Over Georgia in my backyard and I can only ride two (Ninja and Mindbender for those coaster nuts) of the like 10 roller coasters comfortably.

EDIT: I forgot about SSE. My shoulders are fairly broad, so they cover the speakers in the car. I have to lean forward the entire time so I can hear what they are saying!

krueg66

I'm 6'3" 325lb.

I couldn't ride it, because I didn't fit. But they made up for it with some sort of "Fastpass" for any attraction of my choosing. We of course played the POTC game again.

EDIT: I forgot about SSE. My shoulders are fairly broad, so they cover the speakers in the car. I have to lean forward the entire time so I can hear what they are saying!

I BARELY fit in that bad boy...if you feel like it, try the far seat, not the one next to the steps. That one seems to have a little more room.

I totally forgot about SSE. Yep, I cannot hear the ride at all, the speakers are in my shoulder blades! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I have a question for the other large/tall/big people...since we are all together now. :cool:

Do you guys always end up in the front of Splash??? I swear, every single time I ride Splash I end up in the front and get soaked. Is it a conspiracy or what??? :lol:

Oh, and how about squeezing into the Coaster Simulator at Disney Quest??? That made me understand how sardines feel...
I ask for the back row, always. :lol:
I BARELY fit in that bad boy...if you feel like it, try the far seat, not the one next to the steps. That one seems to have a little more room.

I totally forgot about SSE. Yep, I cannot hear the ride at all, the speakers are in my shoulder blades! :lol:

Yep....I always have to scootch down.

HS0411

I am showing this post to my family. They all think I'm nuts when I tell them I cannot hear it. Someone else has the same problem as me! :wave:

mrksmpsn

Horizontally Challenged

My mother and I are horizontally challenged rather than vertically. When my 90 year old grandmother went with us to the MK, she was willing to ride BTMRR. We didn't think about the size differential (she was short and skinny). I was seated behind them with my camcorder under my arm taping the ride. Poor grandma started sliding down in the seat because the lapbar was too far away from her to accommodate my mother's tummy. But grandma was a good trooper and laughed the whole ride through. Each time we rode the ride after that she always laughed on the way up the first hill that she would probably slide down to the lapbar again.

It takes a good sport to ride a roller coaster when you are 90 years old and your companion is twice your size in the same seat, and then be willing to do it again and again.

raugust

Shrinking

Bad news, as I age, (almost 60) I have lost 1 and 1/2 inches. I am now just over 6' 4" ( I have also lost 80+ lbs down to about 220.. my choice.) Good news, this threads subject won't be much of a problem, soon enough.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Seriously though, you're only on these rides (attractions) 2 or 3 minutes, I'll tough it out. Heck, I find the plane ride down there much more of a pain in the donkey :confused:

DisneyLeo18

I think I'm the exact height that the shoulder restraint doesn't fully come down on RnRc. The restraint locks into positions and it's got lots of room for me to move (but not fall out) or I have to try to slide down so it hits the next lock position. And I'm an average 5'10 and skinny :lol:

SinginSarah

I'm a big girl and I thought I'd have lots of trouble on rides but so far I haven't not fit in any rides. The only problem I had was getting out of the car in Space Mountain because you're practically sitting on the floor in that one. Anyone know if they changed the cars during the refurb so they're easier to get in and out of?

GoofyRebel

6' 4" here to, but thin. Wife is only 5'2". Leaving next Wednesday for 6 nights at AKL Kidani. Haven't thought about the trouble getting into rides, but now do remember it. Kinda like those contortionist people getting in and out of those boxes. Or clowns getting out of a clown car.

Raven66

This may have just been a prank or something on the part of the CM's working Space Mountain, but about 15 yrs or so ago my "little" brother, my husband and me were standing in the line and they brought out a stick to measure him. He is 6'6 and the stick was taller then him. I asked what they were doing and they told me they were making sure he wasn't too tall to ride. I tell you what, that scared the stuff right out of him. He was so afraid his head was going to get lopped off.:lol: I don't have that problem, i'm only 5'2 1/2 inches. I hate being short. :-(

jonnyc

This may have just been a prank or something on the part of the CM's working Space Mountain, but about 15 yrs or so ago my "little" brother, my husband and me were standing in the line and they brought out a stick to measure him. He is 6'6 and the stick was taller then him. I asked what they were doing and they told me they were making sure he wasn't too tall to ride. I tell you what, that scared the stuff right out of him. He was so afraid his head was going to get lopped off.:lol: I don't have that problem, i'm only 5'2 1/2 inches. I hate being short. :-(

Too tall to ride?! Wow i have never heard of that before!

Phonedave

They never said so, but it could have been them having fun.:shrug:

I have never ridden SM with the lights on, but with all the light leakage that used to be in there, you could see.

Now, I know they design coasters so that it *looks* like you are going to hit things at times. I also know that they put the "thing of fingers" or whatever its technical name is, on the train and send it around.

But I will say, there are many places in there where it seems the other track is comming quite close

-dave

krueg66

I have never ridden SM with the lights on, but with all the light leakage that used to be in there, you could see.

Now, I know they design coasters so that it *looks* like you are going to hit things at times. I also know that they put the "thing of fingers" or whatever its technical name is, on the train and send it around.

But I will say, there are many places in there where it seems the other track is comming quite close

-dave

Yep. I always feel like I'm going to lose my mellon but alas...I am still here!!!

kirksheppard

I've got a pretty good system for fitting my 6'4, 300lb frame into certain ride vehicles:

RNRC - Must be an odd numbered row; they are quite accomodating but this does prevent me from using Single Rider because I feel guilty asking for special accomodations in that line.

Test Track - Must be in the front seat of the vehicle and preferably the middle seat if at all possible. Again, no single rider for me.

Splash Mountain - I get a row to myself so I can straddle the hump. And I never let them put me in the front seat!

I have no problem on Everest. I have some difficulty on Snow White, but do OK on Peter Pan, HM, JIIM, Nemo, Pirates, and in all the theaters.

Don't be afraid to ask the CMs for what you need if you're a person of size. They have always been very accomodating especially if I am very specific...

SinginSarah

I had trouble getting in and out of Snow White as well, and I had to sit sideways because there was no leg room at all. They really need to redesign that vehicle, it's very awkward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom