Anyone else hate flying FROM Orlando?

captainkidd

Just curious what others have to say about this. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand and approve of the TSA measures. However, at MCO, when going home, it has become an absolute nightmare, especially with young children. We have 3 airports that fly into MCO - Boston, Providence and Manchester. Not one of them is as disorganized and chaotic as MCO. Flying into MCO is no problem, but leaving, we DREAD having to go through their security. It's gotten so bad for us, we're going to start flying home from Sanford or Tampa.

Maerj

Sorry, I don't buy this either, unless you're going to tell me a family of a Law Enforcement Officer (that in this case, must have NO criminal history to maintain that employment - not even an arrest), and a spouse without so much as a traffic ticket (in other words, there's no way these people are on any TSA/FBI/CIA "watch list"), has to have thier grade-school age daughter rigorously patted down. Sorry, I think these "security procedures" are a joke - and will not stop a determined terrorist, as mentioned above. Furthermore, I think there are far more effective screening options available - i.e. let's adopt the Isreali airport security model.

Exactly. If you check out some of the youtube videos I posted you'll actually see kids getting patdowns. there is even a clip from Dr. Phil that shows a TSA guy grabbing a woman and throwing her.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

no problem

Thanks for the name calling - it brightened my day.

Now back to your issue - you felt that the rules were stupid and therefore did not apply to you, which apparently makes those who follow the rules stupid. I get it now.... :brick:

your drawing your own conclusions as to what i said. I never said they didnt apply to me. I said it was my own fault genious. Do i think some rules need to be toned down a bit? yes....I never said people who follow the rules are stupid...so no, you dont get it. as to the name calling? Before I read your post, I was going to apologize. Now after reading, i felt it was justified. Have a brightened day :wave:

Upvote 0
Totally agree, that's why we fly out of Islip now (not to mention I can roll out of bed 90 mins before my flight and be sitting at the gate with my Starbucks in about 40 minutes :D).

QUOTE]

Agreed. I tell people who have never tried Islip that it's like flying out of Mayberry RFD; such a pleasure!

MCO has never been a problem. As far as security goes, I'll take as much as they can provide.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Sorry, I don't buy this either, unless you're going to tell me a family of a Law Enforcement Officer (that in this case, must have NO criminal history to maintain that employment - not even an arrest), and a spouse without so much as a traffic ticket (in other words, there's no way these people are on any TSA/FBI/CIA "watch list"), has to have thier grade-school age daughter rigorously patted down. Sorry, I think these "security procedures" are a joke - and will not stop a determined terrorist, as mentioned above. Furthermore, I think there are far more effective screening options available - i.e. let's adopt the Isreali airport security model.

Look.... please re read my post, its a necessary evil, and YES the points I made are true, I DID say, some TSA agents do NOT act professionally, just like some doctors, dentists, policemen, but alot is hidden from the general public, i.e, threats to an air craft the general public isnt made away of, so it doesn't cause panic. I don't agree with some rogue officers, and agree, however there is SO much the public isnt made aware of. I may not agree with alot of TSA officers tactics (why they aren't reprimanded, is beyond me) however, if people who check the TSA guidelines follow them (no loose clothing, etc) there wouldnt be an issue. What people fail to realize, the airlines themselves, generate the *SSS* on alot of passenger boarding passes. (it is done on a random basis) If you *buy* it or not, it is what it is. When someone wears sweat suits in the middle of July, they will be patted down. Do I agree with it? Oh HELL no I dont, but it's a necessary evil. As much as people hate TSA, they are there for safe travel, again, I truly believe they are there to make us all arrive to our destination safely. We ALL have an option, don't fly. I feel alot safer knowing TSA is there, if they have to search my baggage, my person, etc, fine so be it, I am not so full of myself that I consider myself any different than any other passenger. Just so you don't get too upset, with the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, TSA is on high alert, for YOU and YOUR family's safety. Again, I sort of agree with your point but unfortunately it's out of our hands. Happy travelling to you :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

no you idiot....my point is that some of the rules make no sense. as i stated if you read my post, is that is was my fault in the first place. Please answer...what can i possibly do with a sealed bottle of wine? What security threat is that? And a toy gun? i know the TSA is a government agency and all, but again, i can understand if the toy resembles a real gun....but a bright colored, cheap plastic gun? come on man....all im saying is that the rules should be streamlined.

I hardly think this member should be called an idiot.... they were just making a point, just as you did, :) No reason to call someone out based on an opinion

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Sorry, but it's all for show. If a terrorist wants to take down the plane, it's going to happen. And I'm talking about real terrorists, not these buffoons like the underwear bomber. Every single test screening, where agents (and even members of the media) have packed weapons and fake explosives in carry-on luggage, has failed. Not once has a TSA agent actually caught it.

Also, lest we forget, the 9-11 hijackers didn't bring anything on the plane with them they weren't LEGALLY allowed to have. They followed ALL boarding policies. They chose early morning flights that enabled them to exploit the fatigue of fellow passengers and exploit their fears to overtake the plane. So let's not pretend that these screening procedures are making us any safer.

You're right... LEGALLY allowed, but that was before TSA. Unfortunately, because of 9/11, screening has changed, dramatically, any info Homeland Security gets, from failed attempts on other countries to bring a plane down, we all go thru more aggressive screening. In the US, its near impossible to bring a plane down, thank God!!! But just something we need to be aware of

Upvote 0

rob0519

Like most people, I don't mind the airport itself, the security lines, or lack of designated lines drives me nuts. I just try to get there early and try not to let the chaos ruin the last few minutes of my WDW experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom