Anyone else hate flying FROM Orlando?

captainkidd

Just curious what others have to say about this. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand and approve of the TSA measures. However, at MCO, when going home, it has become an absolute nightmare, especially with young children. We have 3 airports that fly into MCO - Boston, Providence and Manchester. Not one of them is as disorganized and chaotic as MCO. Flying into MCO is no problem, but leaving, we DREAD having to go through their security. It's gotten so bad for us, we're going to start flying home from Sanford or Tampa.

Maerj

As far as passengers should only be patted down unless another screening device is activated, I partially agree with, however, alot of people you see being patted down (not all mind you) are on an FBI watch list. :

So there are babies and children on the FBI watch list? I have seen babies and children patted down, they are on YouTube if you would like to see it as well.

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT30LWH8p4E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWW471vulOY

This is from Dr. Phil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWW471vulOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba030UmbkCo

This one is a pregnant woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKRhdx9F9s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYIgSMQyYg&feature=related

Glad the TSA is here to protect us from babies, children and pregnant women! :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Please re read my posts :) Alot of times, the families they travel with, are on an FBI watch list. See again, alot of what goes through Homeland Security, the general public isnt aware of. It's the times we live in, and Im so sorry for that, I chose to feel safer knowing theyre there. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Me too! Love flying out of Islip!:sohappy:

Yes and combined w/ Southwest makes going down to Orlando a good experience. You get on the plane, they get everyone seated, close the door and off you go.
Remember last year getting into MCO and seeing the TSA line and I was like this is gonna blow leaving...but it wasn't as crowded when I left.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

uhhhh....no

They're a bunch of tools because they wouldn't change their rules for you? :rolleyes:

no you idiot....my point is that some of the rules make no sense. as i stated if you read my post, is that is was my fault in the first place. Please answer...what can i possibly do with a sealed bottle of wine? What security threat is that? And a toy gun? i know the TSA is a government agency and all, but again, i can understand if the toy resembles a real gun....but a bright colored, cheap plastic gun? come on man....all im saying is that the rules should be streamlined.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

no you idiot....my point is that some of the rules make no sense. as i stated if you read my post, is that is was my fault in the first place. Please answer...what can i possibly do with a sealed bottle of wine? What security threat is that? And a toy gun? i know the TSA is a government agency and all, but again, i can understand if the toy resembles a real gun....but a bright colored, cheap plastic gun? come on man....all im saying is that the rules should be streamlined.

If a liquid is sealed or not it doesn't make a difference. If someone wants to sneak on fluids that are used for terrorist activities they have the technology to seal the bottle to make it look harmless. For all the TSA agent knows your bottle of wine could be one component needed to make a bomb or sleeping gas or something.

In NYC they run adds that say "which one do you think is real" and it has a gun that looks really fake painted orange and made of plastic and one that is black and looks like metal. The NYPD showed that the bright orange one was actually a hand gun taken off of a gang member in a raid. People who try to sneak guns places they shouldn't make them look fake including bright colors and plastic casing.

Sorry if you can't see the reasons behind these laws but terrorists are not stupid people. The TSA has made these rules to keep people safe. To you its just a sealed bottle of wine to them it could be something else. To you its just a cheap plastic toy but it could be more.

Why not just try following the rules they are posted everywhere and if you had time you could have gone back asked to get your checked bag back and just put the two items in a checked bag or just check your carry on.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
actually, MCO is a piece of cake. if you want to see a nightmare, try Philly!

This is completely true. Absolutely, without a doubt, the most MISERABLE airport I have EVER flown out of. They make JFK and EWR (both of which are no picnic) seem wonderful.

Sadly, I'm making the drive down there in October to fly out of there, because I'm a (and U.S. Air had flights for under $100 the weekend I'm traveling).

Upvote 0
I think lots or problems would be solved if the government mandated one free checked bag per passenger.

It has to be faster to screen checked bags rather than all the carry-on screening that is taking place due to bag fees.:shrug:

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

The only thing I wish that all the TSA checkpoints would do is have a "pat down" line option. What I mean by this is myself and my wife cannot go thru the "see thru your clothes" scanner because of medical reasons, that TSA acknowledges and says not to use the scanner. If they would have a "pat down" line right off the bat, then we could bypass the whole wait in line just to tell them we have to opt out.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thanks for the name calling - it brightened my day.

Now back to your issue - you felt that the rules were stupid and therefore did not apply to you, which apparently makes those who follow the rules stupid. I get it now.... :brick:

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

Just a note for those who say TSA does not allow you to take liquids with you thru the checkpoint. You are wrong, they let you take a lot of liquids thru the checkpoint.

Think human body liquids. :lol:
Maybe closing the Wonders of life pavilion was a mistake.

Upvote 0

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
I can't say the security at Orlando has ever bothered me that much, but what does bother me is the lack of chairs! certainly where the late afternoon flights back to the UK depart there are maybe 8 seats in the open area leading to the gates. I can't help to notice all the people sat on the floor in and around the planters (me included!), get some more chairs!:lol:

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

If a liquid is sealed or not it doesn't make a difference. If someone wants to sneak on fluids that are used for terrorist activities they have the technology to seal the bottle to make it look harmless. For all the TSA agent knows your bottle of wine could be one component needed to make a bomb or sleeping gas or something.

In NYC they run adds that say "which one do you think is real" and it has a gun that looks really fake painted orange and made of plastic and one that is black and looks like metal. The NYPD showed that the bright orange one was actually a hand gun taken off of a gang member in a raid. People who try to sneak guns places they shouldn't make them look fake including bright colors and plastic casing.

Sorry if you can't see the reasons behind these laws but terrorists are not stupid people. The TSA has made these rules to keep people safe. To you its just a sealed bottle of wine to them it could be something else. To you its just a cheap plastic toy but it could be more.

Why not just try following the rules they are posted everywhere and if you had time you could have gone back asked to get your checked bag back and just put the two items in a checked bag or just check your carry on.

well i dont know...almost everytime i run into a TSA agent, call it bad luck but its a bad experience....the funny thing is I have a Hazardous Materials endorsement on my CDL license...to get that you have to have a FBI/Dept. of homeland security background check, as well as fingerprints through a TSA agent... I understand the rules when im hauling a tanker full of explosives or a flammable liquid etc....maybe its just me seeing it as a bottle of wine and nothing else....or the cynic in me thinking some tsa agent will be enjoying a bottle of wine later that night lol....but next time ill prob. mail it home beforehand...that was gonna be some good wine....:(

Upvote 0

fosse76

Sorry, but it's all for show. If a terrorist wants to take down the plane, it's going to happen. And I'm talking about real terrorists, not these buffoons like the underwear bomber. Every single test screening, where agents (and even members of the media) have packed weapons and fake explosives in carry-on luggage, has failed. Not once has a TSA agent actually caught it.

Also, lest we forget, the 9-11 hijackers didn't bring anything on the plane with them they weren't LEGALLY allowed to have. They followed ALL boarding policies. They chose early morning flights that enabled them to exploit the fatigue of fellow passengers and exploit their fears to overtake the plane. So let's not pretend that these screening procedures are making us any safer.

Upvote 0

Monorail_Orange

Please re read my posts :) Alot of times, the families they travel with, are on an FBI watch list. See again, alot of what goes through Homeland Security, the general public isnt aware of. It's the times we live in, and Im so sorry for that, I chose to feel safer knowing theyre there. :shrug:

Sorry, I don't buy this either, unless you're going to tell me a family of a Law Enforcement Officer (that in this case, must have NO criminal history to maintain that employment - not even an arrest), and a spouse without so much as a traffic ticket (in other words, there's no way these people are on any TSA/FBI/CIA "watch list"), has to have thier grade-school age daughter rigorously patted down. Sorry, I think these "security procedures" are a joke - and will not stop a determined terrorist, as mentioned above. Furthermore, I think there are far more effective screening options available - i.e. let's adopt the Isreali airport security model.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom