Anyone else find what the Trackers are doing disturbing?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
1) It's one thing to make videos of your kid to share with friends and family. This isn't that.
2) Children in videos made for profit...until a person is old enough to understand what's going on - the exposure, the financial aspect, the potential risks - no matter how you slice it, it's a form of exploitation.
3) No one can predict how the child will feel about this when he/she gets older. What's cute or funny to adults, can be humiliating to a child growing up.
4) How about the child's right to privacy in his/her own home?
5) All it takes is one determined sicko to ruin these people's lives.

I don't watch the Trackers or any other YouTubers...just giving my thoughts as a parent.

How about its not YOUR place to say what is right or wrong for OTHERS.
Only speak for yourself and your preferences for your children.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
How about these are things ANY responsible parent should be concerned with.

Also, I'm pretty sure some children who have been forced into the lime-light at a very young age would like to have a word with you.

Its not YOUR decision to decide what OTHER people do.
Make what you feel is the right decision for you and your family and judge yourself.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Its not YOUR decision to decide what OTHER people do.
Make what you feel is the right decision for you and your family and judge yourself.
It's an internet discussion board. It's absolutely the right place for people to pass judgement on how others live their life
the big bang theory sarcasm GIF

ImperfectPixie

WOW. You people are something else.

I didn't say a single word about these people as individuals, nor anything judgmental.

The Trackers are far from the first parents to put their child in the limelight to generate an income, and if any of you have seen any of the documentaries made about child stars over the years, you'd understand that the issues I brought up are REAL and should be considered by any parent in the position the Trackers are in. There could be LEGAL ramifications in the future if the Trackers use their child in videos regularly over a period of time. There are also REAL safety concerns.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
WOW. You people are something else.

I didn't say a single word about these people as individuals, nor anything judgmental.

The Trackers are far from the first parents to put their child in the limelight to generate an income, and if any of you have seen any of the documentaries made about child stars over the years, you'd understand that the issues I brought up are REAL and should be considered by any parent in the position the Trackers are in. There could be LEGAL ramifications in the future if the Trackers use their child in videos regularly over a period of time. There are also REAL safety concerns.

What you did was worse as you generalized and stereotyped them.
They have been filming their life for a decade so its not like they just started because they had a child. They are not USING the child for views rather their child is part of their life and so they show him.
Simply filming your own child and posting it with both parent's consent is not illegal...

ElvisMickey

Well, give them a break. If I recall they had a very rough time trying to have a child. They, just like every other first time parent have fallen into the "I'm the only one that ever had a kid" syndrome. It is boring especially for those of us that have been through it more then once. A close friend of my daughter that spent a lot of time in my house started having kids in her thirties. My daughters kid is close to 21 years old and her friends kids are 12 and 8. Over the last 12 years, thanks to the internet, she has posted more pictures than I can even count. It's a natural thing to forget that people have been having kids since the beginning of humankind, but theirs are the cutest, the smartest and the most talented of any that ever existed. I don't get angry about it, just bored. Been there, done that!
Reminds me of online dating…everyone’s kids are “amazing”. Umm, no they’re not lol. Be glad they’re not criminals.

ImperfectPixie

What you did was worse as you generalized and stereotyped them.
They have been filming their life for a decade so its not like they just started because they had a child. They are not USING the child for views rather their child is part of their life and so they show him.
Simply filming your own child and posting it with both parent's consent is not illegal...
I didn't say anything about it being illegal...you are misinterpreting my use of the word "exploiting"...and continuing to read things into what I'm saying that just aren't there.

Their tenure on YouTube has zero to do with the issues I mentioned earlier.

Stereotyping? I didn't stereotype anyone. I mentioned a list of potential issues that can arise when you put your child into the limelight in order to generate an income. FULL STOP. That's all I did.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I didn't say anything about it being illegal...you are misinterpreting my use of the word "exploiting"...and continuing to read things into what I'm saying that just aren't there.

Their tenure on YouTube has zero to do with the issues I mentioned earlier.

Stereotyping? I didn't stereotype anyone. I mentioned a list of potential issues that can arise when you put your child into the limelight in order to generate an income. FULL STOP. That's all I did.

You literally used the words LEGAL ramifications. Implying what they are doing is not legal.
And you are stereotyping them by saying they are putting their child in the limelight to generate income.
As I pointed out they have filmed their lives for a decade. They didn't even think they could have a child. It was a surprise to them.
They didn't thrust him into anything. They are simply filming what they do and he's in some of the videos. If the past 17 months had not happened he would have likely been in less as many things that they do outside of the home don't necessarily include their child directly.

ImperfectPixie

You literally used the words LEGAL ramifications. Implying what they are doing is not legal.
And you are stereotyping them by saying they are putting their child in the limelight to generate income.
As I pointed out they have filmed their lives for a decade. They didn't even think they could have a child. It was a surprise to them.
They didn't thrust him into anything. They are simply filming what they do and he's in some of the videos. If the past 17 months had not happened he would have likely been in less as many things that they do outside of the home don't necessarily include their child directly.

They are not having him "do" anything.
He's not a puppet.
There ARE LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS. If they generate a huge income from their son appearing in their videos, and they don't compensate him and set up a trust, it leaves them open to being sued by their son. FACT.

Saying people are putting their child in the limelight to generate income, when that's exactly what they're doing is not stereotyping. I suggest you look up the meaning (as well as the meaning of "exploitation").

You really have no clue how anything works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom