Anyone else find what the Trackers are doing disturbing?

rk03221

Original Poster
One of their recent videos is headlined “The Littlest food critic” and feel like that’s completely out of bounds. They are having him do food reviews now? How is that okay for a two year old to be doing that? I find that a bit weird. Thoughts?

Last edited:

dreday3

I don't find them disturbing, I just sadly find them boring now. But that's on me, not them. I'm just not interested in children.

And I LOVED Tim's resort tours. He was goofy. And to be fair, during Covid he did a fantastic two-part video about things you might not normally notice in Animal Kingdom.

Seriously, it was so good I wrote stuff down in a notebook! :D

rk03221

Original Poster
I don't find them disturbing, I just sadly find them boring now.

And I LOVED Tim's resort tours. He was goofy. And to be fair, during Covid he did a fantastic two-part video about things you might not normally notice in Animal Kingdom.

Seriously, it was so good I wrote stuff down in a notebook! :D

Yeah, they are incredibly boring now imo. I miss the old videos

dreday3

Yeah, they are incredibly boring now imo. I miss the old videos

I loathe that I'm about to say this...but I think he's better on his own. Less forced, more naturally silly. More go with the flow maybe?

He had "something", but it's not around at the moment.

To be honest, I'm pretty much bored of all vlogs at the moment. I blame it on covid. I've been watching them because I haven't been since 2017 and I'm desperate. Part of the reason I'm so excited for the trip is because I know I'll stop watching vlogs until I'm ready to plan another trip! :D

ChristianG

He's featuring his child in the public sphere...problematic for more reasons than the most obvious.

and selling your kid out. It just screams “I want my kid to be a child star”

You expect them to exclude their child from their daily videos? What's the point? I get zero exploitative intentions from Tim and Jenn, do you even watch their videos? Half of the time they're just putting him down for bed.

What's this doing in News and Rumors, anyways?

TrojanUSC

Probably trying to capitalize on the success of other child reviewers like the Shirley Temple King (who is a bit older and obviously loves doing them).

AEfx

Half of the time they're just putting him down for bed.

That's why their videos are so boring now, LOL. They've become full-on "kid people". It's great for them, but a big part of their schtick originally was that they weren't kid people, and they also weren't hyper-active overgrown-teenage-somethings bouncing around. They kind of had a unique spot for a good few minutes there. That was also before they went on the Disney dole, which also reduced the quality a lot IMO (it became more about showcasing than adventuring).

The channel was at its best when it was just Tim wandering around the parks, pointing out things that were interesting and new. Even when he didn't necessarily know what he was talking about - it was kind of charming. The last thing I watched that I liked was when he was doing his solo park visits during COVID - it was kind of like the "good old days", however briefly.

(BTW, just to clarify - I know enough about them to be thrilled for them that they had a kid, it just doesn't make for entertaining viewing for me.)

Now, someone please shoot me - or at least shoo me off to bed - I can't believe I am up and commenting about YouTubers...or admitting that I watch some of them.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
One of their recent videos is headlined “The Littlest food critic” and feel like that’s completely out of bounds. They are having him do food reviews now? How is that okay for a two year old to be doing that? I find that a bit weird. Thoughts?
Did you watch the whole video and hear his in depth review of the food ?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think I have maybe watched 1 or 2 of their videos ever, I'm not too into following vloggers. I guess I don't see anything wrong with them featuring or including their child in their videos and food reviews from time to time (or even all the time). The child is a part of their life and they are showing how they do the parks, that includes a child. Children eat, and some kids eat everything and some are picky. Maybe kids watching another kid eat and like foods will help them see something can be enjoyable or give parents an idea of a child's reaction to a certain food.

Goofyernmost

Well, give them a break. If I recall they had a very rough time trying to have a child. They, just like every other first time parent have fallen into the "I'm the only one that ever had a kid" syndrome. It is boring especially for those of us that have been through it more then once. A close friend of my daughter that spent a lot of time in my house started having kids in her thirties. My daughters kid is close to 21 years old and her friends kids are 12 and 8. Over the last 12 years, thanks to the internet, she has posted more pictures than I can even count. It's a natural thing to forget that people have been having kids since the beginning of humankind, but theirs are the cutest, the smartest and the most talented of any that ever existed. I don't get angry about it, just bored. Been there, done that!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Um really? YOU seem like the weird one for caring that they give their child the same foods they review and just for fun say give a thumbs up if you like it.

Bottom line is if you don't like the content than don't watch it.
Its really simple.
Hate watchers tend to be people that are obsessed and feel like they were not given enough attention as a fan.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

1) It's one thing to make videos of your kid to share with friends and family. This isn't that.
2) Children in videos made for profit...until a person is old enough to understand what's going on - the exposure, the financial aspect, the potential risks - no matter how you slice it, it's a form of exploitation.
3) No one can predict how the child will feel about this when he/she gets older. What's cute or funny to adults, can be humiliating to a child growing up.
4) How about the child's right to privacy in his/her own home?
5) All it takes is one determined sicko to ruin these people's lives.

I don't watch the Trackers or any other YouTubers...just giving my thoughts as a parent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom